Galaxy S3: Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

meoMonares

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I'm excited to see that so many are getting this right - I'm glad I found it.
I currently have Kies3 but when I enter Recovery Mode for my S3, I am not shown a ODIN splash page. I don't even think I have ODIN installed. How do I go about installing this so that I can follow the steps?

Thanks so much in advance.

ODIN is pre-installed in S3. You don't have to install it.

The problem here is that I'm interested.
I'm just here to say special thanks to Dear MeoMonares who helped me and saved my smart phone from losing all my stuffs by his great instructions.
It really worked for me.100%
I had the same problem that all they talked about and i just thought , it's gone forever, but it really worked.
Thanks again dude

Good job! Glad it worked for you too!

HI,
Also from me... I already do a factory reset, but i have the same message. "The device's version cannot be updated."
someone have find a solution?
thanks in advance
seeyaa Luke

I can see you are using Kies. Please try Kies3 instead.

Have you fixed your problem yet?
Cause I've followed all the steps of Monares and got stuck at the final step to, it keeps saying:
"The device's version cannot be updated'" and I'm using Kies cause my device is Galaxy S3 (Kies 3 is for Note3 and higher model, right?)

Really appreciate if anyone can give me some tips and I don't want to lose my data too, haven't back up yet, so sad :(

I did use Kies3 for my S3 recovery and as provided with steps, it worked... and with others here too.

Last edited by a moderator:

rana90

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
i have S3 GT-I9300 i started following the steps u told abt firmware upgrade &initialization but a note just pop up "all settings and data will be deleted and the latest sofware version will be inistialized " is this normal guys ?? should i press ok i dont want to loose my data please i have no back up 4 my photos help plz um scared to loose them

SANKETONSAMSUNG

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: S3 Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

Hi,
I have followed steps which mentioned in this blog , for recover with keis software.
Keis is not able to identify my samsung galaxy s3 it shows only "Conecting" for long time and then ask to boot the device.

Eventhough i had went to tool and emergency upgrade and install option followed commands as mention.
At the end i got prompt this software can not be updated.

Can someone help me out ?
Thanks a lot in advance.

danieleto

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch (SM-T311) and i accidentally rename framework-res.apk to framework-res1.apk on a system/framework and then my tablet be turn off, now i can't turn on my tablet.. so what can i do?

Please someone can help me :(

rrams22

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have also tried both Kies and Kies3 and am getting the same error message "The device's version cannot be updated."

Anyone figured this one out?

Sreemanti

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
hi ,
i have done everything possible.
I'm getting the following error "the device version cannot be updated":(:'(
I have also tried both Kies and Kies3 and am getting the same error message "The device's version cannot be updated."
MeoMonares..can u or anyone else help me

icepac21

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
hi ,
i have done everything possible.
I'm getting the following error "the device version cannot be updated":(:'(
MeoMonares..can u or anyone else help me

I have tried all that and also tried to reload ODIN with original firmware, still not working, I don't see how it works for some, but not others. I also tried different computers and different usb leads and different versions of everything.

Bornandbredblue

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Using Kies v3 and have tried to follow the steps but get the following message: The model information that you have entered cannot be verified; the device initialization cannot proceed. Definately typing the model no and S/N correctly.

Should the phone be connected in Kies? It still says 'please connect a device'???

Any help please, close to throwing phone in the bin.

agecse

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
meoMonares help us, pls! I have the same issue as Bornandbredblue
Using Kies v3 and have tried to follow the steps but get the following message: The model information that you have entered cannot be verified; the device initialization cannot proceed. Definately typing the model no and S/N correctly.

Should the phone be connected in Kies? It still says 'please connect a device'???

Any help please, close to throwing phone in the bin.

Shitanshu

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Hi
I am facing the same issue in my Samsung Galaxy S 3 from today morning. I have followed the instruction as you mentioned to firmware upgrade and initialization, but for me after step 11 "start upgrade" button is still not enabled in KIES3. Please help. Please see the screen shot of KIES3. Thanks.
Regards
SA KIES3-upgrade-not-starting.jpg

Shitanshu

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I also tried to perform a hard factory reset. but my galaxy s3 is not showing that option at all. I did
1. turned off mobile
2. hold volume up, home and then pressed.
3. then samsung logo came
4. next it was showing downloading... do not turn off screen. it did not show the factory reset option at all. Please have a look at screen shot of it.
5. I released power button, while still holding home and volume up, but nothing happened.

can you please help. thanks. factory-reset.jpg

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Finally, the solution! I made use of Samsung Kies. Here's what I did:

1. Install Samsung Kies in your computer if you don't have. (You may have to choose between Kies or Kies3. Kindly check Samsung website)
2. Connect your device to computer.
3. Turn on your device. As with our case, it will get stuck in the splash screen logo.
4. Press Volume Down + Home button + Power button. Hold it for some time until the ODIN screen is displayed. (The one with green Android character and it says "Downloading... Do not turn off the target!!")
5. Launch Samsung Kies.
6. Ignore if you see some prompts that say your device is unrecognized.
7. Go to Tool > Firmware upgrade and Initialisation
8. Enter your device's model name. (Ex: GT-I9300). Be aware of the uppercase letters.
9. Click OK.
10. Enter your S/N the click OK.
11. Then follow the succeeding instructions as it will now direct you to downloading your firmware.
12. Just wait until it's done and auto-upgrade with your device shall commence.
13. Then whoala! Welcome your device back!

This works for me. I have Galaxy S3.

Hope this helps!

Hey Guys,

I am finally checking back here after such a long time. I have not been able to recover my S3 yet. I tried your method Meomonares but it will not work with both versions of Samsung Kies. I downloaded Odin and manged to flash a custom binary on there sucessfully. I get a green screen in odin and it reads " Custom Binary: Yes (1 count) in recovery mode. But when i reboot the phone it still remains stuck on the Samsung screen. I have cleared the cache etc but i am lost now on what to do?

Can anyone help?

odin image.jpg

Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-I9300
Custom Binary Download: Yes( 2 counts) - This is 2 as i tried it twice
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official

Files used.jpg

I tried using 2 versions of Odin and both worked but yet i am still stuck on boot screen. This phone was never rooted before is that my problem?If Kies doesnt work and Odin doesnt work am i doomed?

Last edited by a moderator:

onapthanh

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I left it running for a couple of hours and it then recognized the device and the button was not greyed out anymore. I had the same problem with the "start upgrade" button not active and after I already do a factory reset

Zuhra Satirova

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have the same problem and I did everything step by step and at the end window with " device's version can not be updated" appears and the process is finished. I have done this twice and the same problem.

Can you help me? What should I do in this situation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45