What is ASUS Waveshare UI?

rdean150

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Waveshare

Oh lord I hope it's not like TouchWiz...

I'm really looking forward to this device, and have been putting off getting a Xoom just to hear more about upcoming tablets such as this. But if they add custom UI layers that aren't easy to override (i.e. if they lock down their bootloader and/or I can't find a third party ROM of pure Honeycomb), I'm going to end up getting a Xoom anyway. I really want the stock Honeycomb experience.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Considering you can use the trackpad to move a mouse pointer or hook up a USB mouse I"m guessing it's their custom UI overlay to allow these types of functions to work.

I have to admit, I think my Xoom will be hitting the store shelves again soon. I have a week or so to return it and from what I've seen in the Asus Transformer I'm getting pretty damn excited to see an IPS screen and a quick attaching Keyboard setup like this. IF the tablet alone is $399 for a 16gig version, that a steal imo. Grab a 32gig SD card and with USB support.. this is a no brainer for me. Feels like christmas in April.. or first of June :)

lewton

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I understand this thread is quite old now, so I'd like to know if somebody has got the tablet and could explain us what this Waveshare launcher changes. :)

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I do not know anything about a wwavelauncher, but I can say that my TF has the same launcher as any other honeycomb device I have played with. Hope this helps

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty much stock honeycomb with some extra widgets, a few Asus apps, the kb functionality, and changes in the look of the virtual buttons. I like it over all.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress