ICS 4.0.4 leak

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
After downloading and upgrading via recovery mode my phone keeps restarting itself. At least once an hour. Anyone else have this same issue with ICS? Also cannot receive and send any text messages.

You may have to start over. From what I've read everyone who's used the fxz method (see above post) has had success. Some people have to flash twice for it to take, time consuming I know. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

tvue83

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Man in loving this ics build. Super smooth except for a few bugs. Anyone get the my verizon app to work.?

airhed4

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I wiped the cache and it seems to be working much faster now. But i do not seem to be getting any text messages now and cannot send any either. If anyone knows what is happening please let me know. Thanks!

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you all are talking about saying that this leak won't install on a .905 stock rooted phone. I downloaded the leak on my computer, transferred it to the SD card on my phone and then flashed the leak. It worked seamlessly for me. The only problem I had with it was that I did lose root on the phone but found the answer in another thread on this forum. By the way, I love how everything is working on this update. It works just like my Acer A100 tablet does which has Android OS 4.0.3.

Cindy

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No one said it can't be installed with root. It can't have forever root installed.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

gpanties

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Been having the same exact issue, but can't find a stock version of the mount_ext3.sh file anywhere online and have no friends with a Bionic. Is there any way you can help me out and email the file to me?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Been having the same exact issue, but can't find a stock version of the mount_ext3.sh file anywhere online and have no friends with a Bionic. Is there any way you can help me out and email the file to me?

So my problem was that I put the cursor on the last line right under fi but there were some empty lines after that line that I didn't kj w about until I dragged the little arrow as far down as it would go and then hit backspace until I got it to the right spot if that makes sense.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I just read this about the RAZR ICS upgrade. Are we getting this too?

As a Global Ready device, customers with the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX will be able to have voice and data service in more than 220 countries, when subscribed to an international plan.

This is something I would like to know as well. They haven't announced it although the phone has the radio capable of it. It'll be irritating if they don't enable it.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
This is something I would like to know as well. They haven't announced it although the phone has the radio capable of it. It'll be irritating if they don't enable it.

When I saw the mention of the Razr & Maxx getting GSM with ISC on Google + (don't remember the source) I *think* they also said that the Bionic would NOT get that feature...something about 'the chip' was in the Bionic, but the necessary wiring/connection was not. No way for software to overcome the missing hardware.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the leak since last night. Mine didn't overclock to 1.2 Ghz, still just 1Ghz but it's very snappy and fast with ICS. No lag swiping between screens, etc..

I noticed the ROM took a long time to "settle in". As I used it for several hours last night it got smoother and more responsive. I noticed especially that the first time I would open an app it would take forever, sometimes even hang or have other weird issues. Usually the second or third time I opened the app no such problems.

I love the new ICS launcher and menu, I don't feel the need to overlay a different launcher or a custom ROM at this point. I haven't tried it on my lapdock yet but I'm hoping I don't get the FC issue because I really don't want to install another launcher.

My biggest complaint would be that some of the apps don't really seem like they're optimized for ICS displays yet, either things look too big or too small. For example the weatherbug temp reading in my notifications area is so tiny you almost can't read it.
The only other complaint I've got so far is the scroll speed seems a bit off, it's "stickier" than on GB and I haven't been able to find the menu to adjust it. Beyond that I'm liking it so far.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did they take away the ability to toggle between CDMA/LTE and CDMA only?

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Did they take away the ability to toggle between CDMA/LTE and CDMA only?

Yes, at least in the leak version you cannot switch. You can navigate to where the option is but it is greyed out. That leads me to believe a final release version might still include the ability, but it's disabled in this leak for whatever reason.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just an Fyi for those that think the cdma toggle is a bug in the leak, the official razr ics has the same issue so it appears to either be a universal bug in all the moto ics builds, or it's intentional. Either way it isn't limited to the leaked bionic build.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

kilarican

May 20, 2012
Visit site
i want to flash my droid bionic to ics.my first time im going to flash my phone.can any one plz help me and guide me and tell what is the first thing i must do?
:)

zcamp2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Had the same thing happen. You're going to have to use the FXZ. 902 file to get back to stock .902. Then take the OTA for. 905. Then flash the ICS leak and you should be cool. Worked for me, now running ICS with no problems!

Go here for full instructions:
*** ICS LEAKS -- READ FIRST!! **** - DROID BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

i unrooted back to 902,took ota 905 update,flashed 2233 from sd card using Rsd lite .All stock,am at 2233.Am loving it.
I am a newb and darn proud .First i bricked it.Or almoost,not sure.It wouldnt bootor even stay in fastboot mode,then just quit except for logo sreen.pulled batt about 5 times,kept hitting vol u&d&pow,then it was alright.
the point is ...follow the directions to aT.
If someone can explain to me how to post links,i have them.

your link is the right one.youtube zedomax is good to watch too.input.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch