Having an issue with my Droid Citrius

Josh Martin1

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My phone suddenly stop taking a charge now it wont charge at all with any chargers. Before I order a battery off of amazon I was wondering would that even be a cause of it? It is a 3 year old phone never gave me any problems about charging. But now the charging light wont even come on when it is plugged up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
3 years is a pretty long time for a phone battery. It may just be spent. In general, batteries have a lifespan of around 400-500 charge cycles, so depending on how heavily you use your phone and how often you have to charge, you can expect your battery to die after anywhere from one to maybe 3 or 4 years. I'd just order a new battery. Better yet, see if you can upgrade to a newer phone for cheap! Lots of great deals for phones right now, especially since the new flagships like the HTC One and Galaxy S4 have been released.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a battery expert, but I think when it's dead, it's dead. I was going to suggest that you try a different charging cable, but your original post mentioned that you tried several different chargers, so if that's the case, it isn't a cable problem. It could be the charging port on the phone, but if that were the case, then you're probably better off getting a new phone rather than paying to repair it. If you know someone else with the same phone, you could always try to swap batteries and see if it will charge up on the other person's phone, which would strongly suggest a problem with your charge port.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In regard to affordability, you could always consider other no-contract providers like Virgin. They typically have some decent phones in the $50-60 range, which will likely still be faster and more powerful than the citrus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non