Verizon Pixel Oreo update.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
No, it's not a valid question. Verizon's track record with THIS PHONE is immediate updates, so with this phone, that track record is all that counts. Maybe if the phone were released 2 or 3 months ago your question would be valid, but it's not now. What will be your next"valid" question? "Will this monthly update be on time, it's the first since Android 8?" "Will this monthly update be on time, it's the first since the Pixel 2 was released?"."will this update be on time, it's the first since...?"
This isn't valid at all, it's a continuation of the idiocy started last year with articles insisting that people don't get the Verizon version of the Pixel because updates will definitely be delayed.
Stop it. Just stop it. Until Verizon delays updates to this phone, there is no valid reason at all to question if an update will be on time or not. None.
I don't get why you are so angry about it? Also don't tell me to stop anything, this is a forum meant to ask questions if you don't like that question then you can move on and not try to start arguments. Also a security update is a much easier piece of software to process, a full update could take Verizon longer to do.

I have no questions about security updates moving forward Verizon has proven with the pixel that security updates will be on time but they have yet to release a full Android OS update.

If you don't like the thread move on and don't read it but don't tell me to stop and that my question isn't valid.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If it's not a valid question, why do I not have the update on my Verizon purchased never modified from stock pixel xl? I have seen a lot of people say they used to be on the beta and now aren't and got the update, but has anyone who was never on the beta received the update. I'm not complaining, just asking.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
If it's not a valid question, why do I not have the update on my Verizon purchased never modified from stock pixel xl? I have seen a lot of people say they used to be on the beta and now aren't and got the update, but has anyone who was never on the beta received the update. I'm not complaining, just asking.

Na no update here. Never on the beta either. Shout out to @alarsen7 for handling that situation like a gentlemen. As for VZW releasing a full Android update, I am curious to see how they handle it and how long it will take for at least half the Pixel/Pixel XL users to get "O" (that were not part of the beta). Only time will tell.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So if you go the beta route do you have to opt out? Or will you get Android P beta's when that time comes? If you opt out after the official build does it wipe your phone like if you opt out of a Developer Preview?

they will automatically opt you out when P starts hitting Pixels. but u can install O and then opt yourself out from the same page once O is installed. it wont ask you to format like the dev preview so u r safe there

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I read if you want to leave O it will whipe your device. So back everything up. Im tempted to enroll but I haven't even ssen what O does lol The beta closes soon I believe

Nope you are wrong. it will only wipe when u r still on dev preview. since the beta is now pushing stable it wont wipe it. I just did that. I got O and then unenrolled and there was no wipe. it only happens when u r on dev preview

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

thats because no one have it even the google store purchased pixel(besides the one who opted to beta program.)
if u opt to beta u get the update even if u r on verizon.

google is first rolling the update to all beta testers now. in a week they will roll out to small set of users and then after that in few days later they will update all phones.

this is still not a confirmation that verizon will get it when others get it but we are not there yet. we will have to wait for a week or 2 to figure that out

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
It let you join? I can't even find the beta page anymore

I just googled android 8.0 beta on my phone and it took me to the page and then had the option for me to enroll my device. I enrolled and then immediately got the update. Then after I updated I opted out of the program and am on the final version of 8.0.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
All set, works as advertised! Thanks to all!

(Anybody know how to get rid of that annoying notification that says I have apps running in the background? 😉)

etchersoy23

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Yeah... Uh, I've just heard Android O being released news today, and I went to go check for updates and it says there are none. So I thought, hey man, they all have Verizon Pixels like I do, maybe if I just enroll in the beta like these fine folks did, maybe I, myself, can become part of Android O. When I enrolled, I got the update for Android O, but then I rolled myself out of it, went back to the update page and the Android O update was magically gone and once again said I was up to date with Android 7.1.2,

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah... Uh, I've just heard Android O being released news today, and I went to go check for updates and it says there are none. So I thought, hey man, they all have Verizon Pixels like I do, maybe if I just enroll in the beta like these fine folks did, maybe I, myself, can become part of Android O. When I enrolled, I got the update for Android O, but then I rolled myself out of it, went back to the update page and the Android O update was magically gone and once again said I was up to date with Android 7.1.2,

You have to enroll in the Beta program and then check for the update and when it says there is an update. Download and install the update. You will then be on Android 8.0.0. Then you can go back to the beta page and opt out of the beta program and still be on the final release of 8.0.0 but no longer receive beta updates.

RealIke

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
I have a Verizon Pixel XL and enrolled in the beta program to get the Oreo update and after updating it I unenrolled myself and everything seems to be working fine but I can't seem to find the "change icon shape" button anywhere. Does anyone else have this issue??

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Pixel XL and enrolled in the beta program to get the Oreo update and after updating it I unenrolled myself and everything seems to be working fine but I can't seem to find the "change icon shape" button anywhere. Does anyone else have this issue??

Press and hold on an open spot on your home screen at the bottom of the screen that pops up is the settings for the home page. There is an option to change the shape of the icons.

RealIke

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Press and hold on an open spot on your home screen at the bottom of the screen that pops up is the settings for the home page. There is an option to change the shape of the icons.

I did and it still doesn't appear to be here. I'ma try restarting my phone.

Attachments

• 16716.jpg
    16716.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress