broken screen (disappointed!) what to do?

yellow slider

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

well this morning my screen broke (I now have a spider net look of the broken glass on about half of the screen). it happened because of the short charger cable, I pulled the phone the cable resisted, I tried to prevent the phone from falling and it got a little (but in the right angle) hit from the table while I still hold it (didn't fell at all). I was very surprised to see that it's broken because of the tiny hit it got. I have a good case that protects the screen too.

gorilla glass? not.

what should I do? I'm from Israel and we don't have HTC labs here.

Thanks

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

well this morning my screen broke (I now have a spider net look of the broken glass on about half of the screen). it happened because of the short charger cable, I pulled the phone the cable resisted, I tried to prevent the phone from falling and it got a little (but in the right angle) hit from the table while I still hold it (didn't fell at all). I was very surprised to see that it's broken because of the tiny hit it got. I have a good case that protects the screen too.

gorilla glass? not.

what should I do? I'm from Israel and we don't have HTC labs here.

Thanks

insurance??

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
A) I would go get a cheap phone until I figure out what to do.

Or

B) I would put a screen protector on it now if you can't get another phone right away- so that you don't get glass in your fingers.

Then

C) I would mail the phone to HTC abroad (iassuming you can't find anyone to do the repair for you locally)

Or

D) sell it for parts and consider insurance and a phone that can get repaired locally.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

yellow slider

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
A) I would go get a cheap phone until I figure out what to do.

Or

B) I would put a screen protector on it now if you can't get another phone right away- so that you don't get glass in your fingers.
Have it already.
Then

C) I would mail the phone to HTC abroad (iassuming you can't find anyone to do the repair for you locally)
the local HTC importer is not willing to handle this issue (send it abroad) although I have international warranty.

Or

D) sell it for parts and consider insurance and a phone that can get repaired locally.
There is no market for parts here

I'm going to contact HTC and hope it's not too expensive and complicated to send it to them.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I hate when people say this. GORILLA GLASS IS NOT CRACK OR SCRATCH PROOF. IT IS SCRATCH RESISTANT. I don't understand why people think it's crack proof

Exactly. But people also think that inner-city children are "crack" proof also. They "crack" all the time. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully HTC can help you out - let us know what happens and details if possible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SchmidtSV76

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
So my friend bought a One from t-mobile and 5 days later, there was a single crack running across the screen. It wasn't dropped (apparent from the compete lack of any scuffs/scratches/dents on a phone notorious for showing such things) and the crack is on the inside, you can't feel it at all. It looks almost like a scratch. Anybody have any advice? She called T-Mobile and the girl specifically asked if the crack was internal, and then told my friend to bring the phone in and they would replace it. Upon arriving at the store, the employees told her that she must've dropped it and they couldn't do anything. There was only one female working at the store and she said she hadn't talked to anyone about it on the phone at all.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
So my friend bought a One from t-mobile and 5 days later, there was a single crack running across the screen. It wasn't dropped (apparent from the compete lack of any scuffs/scratches/dents on a phone notorious for showing such things) and the crack is on the inside, you can't feel it at all. It looks almost like a scratch. Anybody have any advice? She called T-Mobile and the girl specifically asked if the crack was internal, and then told my friend to bring the phone in and they would replace it. Upon arriving at the store, the employees told her that she must've dropped it and they couldn't do anything. There was only one female working at the store and she said she hadn't talked to anyone about it on the phone at all.

Any time I crack a screen it always feels smooth to the touch. Unless you REALLY shatter it.

Prime example: last night I had dropped my HTC One on the floor and didn't realize it. I stood up, and stepped down on it with my heel, cracking the screen...

But its just like you said- completely flush, thin hair-like crack across the screen. I can hardly see it unless the screen is turned off and held at an angle.

Unfortunately your friend did something to break her screen and didn't realize. I can think of no flaw that would make a screen spontaneously crack with no input of pressure.

I'm sorry her new phone broke. Here in the states, I heard assurion may let you add insurance on your phone several months after you buy it, even if you opted out of insurance at the time of purchase. Dunno personally.

Last edited: