HTC One (M8): Buying unlocked

Justin Stepp

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a droid Maxx and want to buy the new M8. My phone is on the corporate account and Verizon will not let me walk into the store and buy one at full retail unless one of the mangers listed on the account is there. The guy said I should just buy one off of amazon.

I ordered the Verizon version off of amazon but now I'm wondering if I should have just bought the unlocked one not associated with a carrier. Would there be any difference between the two? I guess the Verizon one will have all the bloatware, and could take longer for updates correct?

And I was also told all I have to do is swap Sim cards since the Maxx uses the nano Sim. Is that true as well?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Buying unlocked

Unlocked and developer editions won't work on Verizon. So you would have to buy the Verizon variant. Difference is that the unlocked or developer editions don't have CDMA radios.

Yes Verizon would have more bloat and probably slower for updates.

The m8 has a nano sim, so just swap sims and you are good to go.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Buying unlocked

Unlocked and developer editions won't work on Verizon. So you would have to buy the Verizon variant. Difference is that the unlocked or developer editions don't have CDMA radios.

Yes Verizon would have more bloat and probably slower for updates.

The m8 has a nano sim, so just swap sims and you are good to go.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

This. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.