Questions about the Huawei P20 pro

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
You'll need to download Gboard from the Play Store. Once downloaded, just open it like any other app and it will walk you through the process of setting it up.

Don't worry I've found it. Got the phone all set up for how I had it before but can't find the turn off vibrations from twitter notifications. Also can't find the always on display too.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry I've found it. Got the phone all set up for how I had it before but can't find the turn off vibrations from twitter notifications. Also can't find the always on display too.
Good. Glad you got it set up like you want it.

I can't help you with Twitter, unfortunately.

For the AOD, go to Settings, Security, Screen Lock & Passwords, Always Display Information.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
For some reason when I got to settings then choose my Huawei ID I can't get cloud to connect. Every time I try it says failed to connect to server. Had it connected before I factory reset the phone. Any ideas how to get it connected?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
For some reason when I got to settings then choose my Huawei ID I can't get cloud to connect. Every time I try it says failed to connect to server. Had it connected before I factory reset the phone. Any ideas how to get it connected?
I never used Huawei's cloud service, so I'm not sure what's going on. You might want to try logging in to your account from your PC to see if it gives you any info. You might need to add your phone to your account again since you reset it, but that's probably not the issue.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same but this seemed to happen after Facebook did some updates definitely them and not the phone.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
How is your Facebook app? I'm having scrolling lag and stutters a lot.

Before I factory reset the phone Facebook did lag a bit when scrolling but now I've set it up as a new device it hasn't lagged at all.

Also resolved my own problem of not getting cloud enabled on my Huawei account I tried it on 4G instead of WiFi & it worked :) happy now.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there somewhere I can buy the official Huawei charger cable? Looked on Amazon & there are just third party ones. Need a spare so I can charge my phone while I'm out playing Pokémon go all day & don't wanna damage the only cable I have for this phone.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It's been a week since I factory reset this phone there has been no restarts at all. Still adding a few apps back everyday & nearly complete with all my apps only a few left to download. Maybe I did have a buggy set up from my old phone.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
It's been a week since I factory reset this phone there has been no restarts at all. Still adding a few apps back everyday & nearly complete with all my apps only a few left to download. Maybe I did have a buggy set up from my old phone.
That's great news. I'm glad you got it working the way you want.

Agnelija

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
Hello. Recently I've received a new Huawei P 20 Pro and since my previous bad experience with my old phone, I've developed a phobia- I am afraid of my breaking my new phone! So, just to be safe, I thought I will drop my question in here, maybe someone will be able to help me out.

Question in regards to wifi- How's your Hp20P is catching the signal? Lets say your home wifi- is the connection good? How long does it take to actualy see wifi symbol after you press wifi on your screen? Because at the 1st and 2nd day after I've received a phone it worked like a bee, but now, it seems to me, that it's becoming a little bit slower ( I mean, to connect to wifi). I takes maybe 1 sec more than usual. Maybe it's how it should be? Because since the wifi is coming from the other source than the phone itself, maybe that why sometimes you can catch signal within 1 secs and sometimes it takes 3secs. In other words- wifi waves are not related with phone settings...are they? Because my older Huawei, being very old phone, managed to connect to wifi, but it took like 15-20 secs everytime and it was painfuly slow.

I just want to live at peace, knowing that it's just happening in my mind ( I mean that wifi takes 1sec or even 0.5 mili sec to load up) But just to be sure, is it happening for you as well, when sometimes it connect straight to wifi, but sometimes it takes a little bit more time?

Thank you!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
WiFi signal on my Huawei p20 Pro is fine & it's a good strong connection. When I come home & turn WiFi on it only takes about a second after I've turned WiFi on. It's very fast at connection, faster than my other phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress