Droid 4 Stuck on Droid Eye Screen Even After Full Data Wipe/Factory Reset

hallry

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So starting a few days ago, my Droid 4 started acting up. My wallpaper kept on being reset, and the notification bar kept on disappearing. Apps like Browser and Facebook kept on crashing, too. And then as of yesterday, my phone is getting stuck loading on the Droid Eye screen when I try to turn it on. I got it into Recovery Mode, wiped the cache partition, and that didn't work. I brought it a a nearby Wireless World, and the guy there suggested taking out the battery, before realizing that the battery is non-removable. So then he said my only real option was to wide data/factory reset, which I did, but it is STILL not loading past the Droid Eye. Anyone have any idea about what to do about this?

Sincerely,
Desperate College Student :mad:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, hallry. Welcome to the AC Forums. I'll do my best to help you out! Have you modified the device in any way? Root/rom etc? Is there a custom recovery installed? Shoot back with the answers to that and I'll be able to help you diagnose and possibly fix your issue.

hallry

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't modified it at all. No rot/rom, no custom recovery or anything of the sort. Just stocked of whatever it came with.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Take it back to the carrier. Don't hesitate, because they only give you a limited time to do so. They should replace the device for you, and I wouldn't leave without that happening.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress