DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Sound Profiles, Volume/Vibrate/Silent Controls

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a stupid question, but how do I switch between vibrate & ring and just vibrate now? Holding the power button only gets me a "power off" button.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I switch between vibrate & ring and just vibrate now? Holding the power button only gets me a "power off" button.

The volume down/up key.

Going silent doesn't work this way anymore. :(

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

The volume down/up key.

So when I change to "Priority" it goes vibrate only? I'm confused. I haven't kept up on the changes as much this time around. What the hell are interruptions?

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

So when I change to "Priority" it goes vibrate only? I'm confused. I haven't kept up on the changes as much this time around. What the hell are interruptions?

Just tap the bell all the way on the left after you hit the volume up or down button and it will switch it to vibrate.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Just tap the bell all the way on the left after you hit the volume up or down button and it will switch it to vibrate.

That works. Thanks.

I'm all for improvements, but the whole interruptions thing just isn't making sense to me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

If you set it to NONE it will be silent for everyone. Priority will only ring or vibrate depending on your current profile for those starred contacts.

So basically remember DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PHONE TO VIBRATE unless you want starred callers to vibrate instead of ring while priority is activated.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

That works. Thanks.

I'm all for improvements, but the whole interruptions thing just isn't making sense to me.
Ahh welcome to the "wonderful world" of Lollipop notifications. As much as I love material design and the implementations of features from other OEMs, this is where the truly screwed up, IMHO... Luckily Android M simplifies this but considering how long it took us to get Lollipop, I have little hope of receiving M.

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal...because you can't stop the signal!

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

The volume down/up key.

Which I HATE with a passion. Why take something so easy and break it? Was it really that bad to go to silent like the old method did? Why introduce a new way that requires more steps and unnecessary nuances? Of all the changes, this is one that shouldn't have happened. And heck, when IN silent mode, it's silent, period. You can't hit the volume rocker up and go out of it. You have to take the extra steps to go back to vibrate/sound mode. Again, very annoyed by this one.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Silent mode...

Missing the usability of the volume rocker to toggle silent/vibrate/normal. I've found the only way to consistently stop vibration is to use Priority mode, as that setting seems to work better than All mode as far as vibration goes. Not sure why though...?

Overall, very happy with the improved application performance and ui. I guess I had to complain about something.

Anyone have thoughts on the new None-Priority-All settings and what method do you prefer to use?

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Did Lollipop do away with different vibration profiles or am I just missing where the settings are? On KitKat, I had it so that calls, texts, and other notifications had different vibration patterns, which was pretty helpful when I'm not in direct sight of my phone and it goes off.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Did Lollipop do away with different vibration profiles or am I just missing where the settings are? On KitKat, I had it so that calls, texts, and other notifications had different vibration patterns, which was pretty helpful when I'm not in direct sight of my phone and it goes off.

I think you have to select them in the apps themselves.

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I think you have to select them in the apps themselves.

I tried looking in the dialer, messaging, and Hangouts apps and didn't find them. It's been so long since I set them up in KitKat that I'm not sure I'm missing where they're located...

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Silent mode...

The NONE-PRIORITY-ALL mode may be our only way to silence the vibrations until third party vendors create software for this task. I noticed that the program 'Locale' doesn't silence the vibrations. For sleeping, the DOWNTIME mode must be enabled to prevent the phone from making any noise.

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Any word on setting up different vibration patterns for calls and notifications? It looks as if Lollipop completely dropped this feature. I did a quick search and it looks like the S5 guys also lost it when they got 5.0 a few months back.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't see vibration profiles in my settings either... It probably is gone. Not the only thing that they took out as Trusted devices is gone (albeit got replaced by Smart Lock tho). I would imagine that if you really needed vibration profiles they is probably an app for that.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Any word on setting up different vibration patterns for calls and notifications? It looks as if Lollipop completely dropped this feature. I did a quick search and it looks like the S5 guys also lost it when they got 5.0 a few months back.

If you go into the apps themselves, some of them let you control this feature. Whatsapp app and the native texting app both allow you to change it. I'm not sure about overall settings though.

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

If you go into the apps themselves, some of them let you control this feature. Whatsapp app and the native texting app both allow you to change it. I'm not sure about overall settings though.

I'm in the native texting app and don't see the option. The only thing is to turn the vibrate on and off. Same with Hangouts. And I know for both of those, I had separate vibration patterns prior to 5.1. Am I looking in the wrong place??

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Which I HATE with a passion. Why take something so easy and break it? Was it really that bad to go to silent like the old method did? Why introduce a new way that requires more steps and unnecessary nuances? Of all the changes, this is one that shouldn't have happened. And heck, when IN silent mode, it's silent, period. You can't hit the volume rocker up and go out of it. You have to take the extra steps to go back to vibrate/sound mode. Again, very annoyed by this one.

That's what annoys me the most. Was it really necessary to complicate things? Give us options, not take them away. Progress doesn't move backwards.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Is setting someone as priority just checking the star in their profile? I didnt know if that did it or if there something else i needed to do.

Never mind i found it lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87