AT&T Android 11 Post changes you notice, any bugs that need attention or apps not working?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't kept up with the 11 Beta or read much about Android 11 on other phones to know what changes are in 11 so I just thought I'd start this post for people to share differences they noticed... good or bad, any bugs they noticed that deserve some attention or any apps they notice working or not working. Or changes and issues with OneUI 3.0.

I'll start...

- I notice in Android 11 the Power button that use to be next to the Settings button when you swipe down to open the Quick Panel is no longer there. Too bad because I used that to restart or shut down the phone instead of holding down the power button.

- Emergency Notifications re-enabled after the update. Woken up with an Amber Alert in middle of night while I am traveling in Texas. It does give you the option of disabling after to silent the notification and takes you straight to the settings so don't have to go looking for it.

- Defaulted back to Samsung Keyboard from my SwiftKey it seems. Guess a few things to reconfigure.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't kept up with the 11 Beta or read much about Android 11 on other phones to know what changes are in 11 so I just thought I'd start this post for people to share differences they noticed... good or bad, any bugs they noticed that deserve some attention or any apps they notice working or not working. Or changes and issues with OneUI 3.0.

I'll start...

- I notice in Android 11 the Power button that use to be next to the Settings button when you swipe down to open the Quick Panel is no longer there. Too bad because I used that to restart or shut down the phone instead of holding down the power button.

- Emergency Notifications re-enabled after the update. Woken up with an Amber Alert in middle of night while I am traveling in Texas. It does give you the option of disabling after to silent the notification and takes you straight to the settings so don't have to go looking for it.

- Defaulted back to Samsung Keyboard from my SwiftKey it seems. Guess a few things to reconfigure.
The power button is still on my quick panel.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Android 11 Post changes you notice, any bugs that need attention or apps not working?

The only thing I've noticed so far is most if the Good lock modules do not work.

I don't like the revamped Edge lighting . I'm glad that it works on all apps now , but I don't like that you can no longer choose a color for each individual app. It now automatically chooses the app color unless you pick one color to use for all the apps.

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Android 11 Post changes you notice, any bugs that need attention or apps not working?

I love how the settings options are spaced apart now on the screen . On Android 10 everything looked so crammed together. Now the options are easier to find and see .

I like that you can go into settings under notifications and see your notification history.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Everything works on my end , just a few apps from Goodlock 2020 that they are working to update for Android 11.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I love how the settings options are spaced apart now on the screen . On Android 10 everything looked so crammed together. Now the options are easier to find and see .

I like that you can go into settings under notifications and see your notification history.
In reference to this, I agree!

BUT... I have multiple Desktop folders with multiple apps in them (they WERE all single page folders) - Android 11 changed the Icon spacing within the folders to 3 wide and now they are ALL multiple page folders! Can't seem to find any way to adjust spacing or any info on same?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I have no idea how to fix that. Hopefully a fix will become available soon.
In reference to this, I agree!

BUT... I have multiple Desktop folders with multiple apps in them (they WERE all single page folders) - Android 11 changed the Icon spacing within the folders to 3 wide and now they are ALL multiple page folders! Can't seem to find any way to adjust spacing or any info on same?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The power button is still on my quick panel.

Oh I see... When I do the initial swipe to get the half panel I don't get it. But full swipe it shows. Hmm... use to show in the half swipe. Need to do that extra pull down. But at least it's there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201212-093448_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-093448_One UI Home.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20201212-093603_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-093603_One UI Home.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I have no idea how to fix that. Hopefully a fix will become available soon.

That's why I hope this thread can be helpful for finding common issues and see if AT&T or Samsung can use to fix.

I think I read somewhere the T-Mobile Android 11 update for the S20 models just got pulled... maybe found issue that warranted removing the update.

Hope no issues with AT&T update here. I'm actually traveling on business trip in Texas and may not have been the smartest idea to update on the road and risk bricking my phone... but I couldn't help myself. :p

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Updated: I moved on to another post and saw a few others had teh update, changed date to 13 Dec, and 2579MB update downloading right now.

Cheers.

[Earlier grumpy post follows]

Confused.

Are you guys on AT&T service with AT&T branded phones? Or on AT&T service with factory unlocked phone?

Is this a Beta?

I am on AT&T service with AT&T Note20 Ultra purchased form Samsung. Latest software update I have is BTK1 from mid-Nov with Nov 1, 2020 Security update.

Am I missing something? :cool:

Last edited:

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The good:
-Nest notification previews are back in the notification panel when swiped down.
-Im always game for a visual overhaul. Although Oui 3 isn't a huge change aestheticly, it's a nice touch.

The bad:
-Icons within a folder only go 3 across thus having more pages to scroll (I'm a less is more kinda guy)
-Messages app doesn't give a pop-up when I'm using the phone. Hopefully there's something im missing and can change bc that's one of my favorite features is to be using one app, get a message and I can respond or mark as read from a pop-up at the top of screen.
-Cant seem to get edge lighting to work like it did before. Before when screen was off, I would get a message, edge lighting would activate and I'd get a preview of the message. Now, when screen is off, message comes in and screen will now turn on with no edge lighting. Maybe these are bugs, maybe they're the way things are now. Either way, I don't like these changes.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
-Cant seem to get edge lighting to work like it did before. Before when screen was off, I would get a message, edge lighting would activate and I'd get a preview of the message. Now, when screen is off, message comes in and screen will now turn on with no edge lighting. Maybe these are bugs, maybe they're the way things are now. Either way, I don't like these changes.

I think I have figured this out. Unfortunately, I think this is a difference between brief and detailed notification popups. Edge lighting only works with brief pop-up notifications and I like detailed so I can respond within the pop-up. Oh well, just something I'll have to get use to.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'll start...

For the power, definitely an inconvenience, I've started using swipe down and restart for a long time now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95