Verizon Note 4 users - where is our update???

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No matter how you look at it, the fact that there have been three [or more] major updates for android since October of last year (5.0, 5.1.1, and 6.0) and the vzw note 4 devices has only received one is unacceptable. I wish I can use a different carrier but vzw is the only carrier that gets a signal where I live.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

I agree...I travel a fair amount and VZW does have good signal in most parts of the U.S. and around the world. That being said, their support is severely lacking for us Note 4 users. They refuse to even acknowledge us anymore...so it seems.

#VZWFail its Note 4 users

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree...I travel a fair amount and VZW does have good signal in most parts of the U.S. and around the world. That being said, their support is severely lacking for us Note 4 users. They refuse to even acknowledge us anymore...so it seems.

#VZWFail its Note 4 users

I'm sure that they still acknowledge us, it's just a matter of if they want to invest the resources to update the note 4 when the OS in question is already on the note 5. They only care about sales, and updating the note 4 to 5.1.1 would give note 4 users one more reason not to upgrade to the note 5.

Posted from the one and only Note 4

RockAndRollAcdc

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't make much since. I just got my note 4 before note 5. I have a 2 year contract. I have no planes on changing phones. If they don't update, I'm not going to run out and buy a note 5

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't make much since. I just got my note 4 before note 5. I have a 2 year contract. I have no planes on changing phones. If they don't update, I'm not going to run out and buy a note 5

True, I'm just saying that why should Verizon update the Note 4 to 5.1.1 if the Note 5 already has it.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
True, I'm just saying that why should Verizon update the Note 4 to 5.1.1 if the Note 5 already has it.

Because 5.0.1 has been a nightmare and I think they owe us in trying to make it better.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Based on this tweet from a Verizon public relations employee, I doubt we'll see Android 6.0 on our Note 4. But, he did say, "soon we'll see 5.1.1".

https://mobile.twitter.com/albertaydin/status/674259991533105152

Nothing definitive on what "soon" means...Christmas? Easter? ...next Christmas? :-(

The Note 4 and the Note Edge (the phone I have) has already been confirmed for Late Jan/Feb 2016. Now whether it trickles down to the carrier level by then, you'll have to ask the carriers. A lot of times, the tech support for Verizon doesn't really know the status of timelines for updates, just the issues with phones.

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 and the Note Edge (the phone I have) has already been confirmed for Late Jan/Feb 2016. Now whether it trickles down to the carrier level by then, you'll have to ask the carriers. A lot of times, the tech support for Verizon doesn't really know the status of timelines for updates, just the issues with phones.

Can you find a link to the Jan/Feb 2016 confirmed date for MM 6.0? Would love to see it.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Attachments

• Latest-Samsung-Android-6-Marshmallow-update-schedule-November.jpg
    Latest-Samsung-Android-6-Marshmallow-update-schedule-November.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 115

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I do see the 910H on there for Note 4 users....all this means is that VZW will be last as usual. Or sometime in 2017 for delivery. I would be surprised if we (VZW Note 4 users) see it before summer 2016.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Well I do see the 910H on there for Note 4 users....all this means is that VZW will be last as usual. Or sometime in 2017 for delivery. I would be surprised if we (VZW Note 4 users) see it before summer 2016.

I second this.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nobody's forcing us to be with Verizon. There are others and none of them are that much better.