T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredberrett

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey bro, are you firm on your account of replacement dates? That would be tomorrow. I love this Note 7 more than any device I've previously owned. It's phenomenal. Rolling the dice and holding out until I can swap one for one.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
If I get any message from T-Mobile stating to go to the store to pick up my replacement...I will leave work right away no question since I want to have choice of color...when are these replacements coming?...definitely keeping my charger and earphones...it will be nice to have two usb-C chargers...if they have any issues with keeping the charger I will have a old charger ready for them with usb 2.0 and I bet they will never notice....
They usually don't, any time I've returned phones or tablets to T-mobile or Sprint neither have asked for the chargers back. When I jumped on my Note 4 to Note 5 the sales clerk asked me if I wanted to keep my s-pen, which surprised me.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Exchanged a family member's blue coral Note 7 for a gold S7 Edge in-store today. They're quite happy with it, and find it to basically be the same phone minus the S-Pen. I found it to be the same experience when I had an S7 Edge as well. The S7 Edge is also a little more stable, with fewer crashes. Some people never notice a crash on their Note 7, it really just depends on what apps you use. Whatsapp for instance does crash on occasion. Noticed that on two separate Note 7s. Luckily all the bugs have already been removed on the S7 Edge through updates that the Note 7 hasn't received yet due to the recall.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
For whatever reason that Samsung decides at the last minute not to send out replacement phones what do we do with N7 we already have? Can they actually make us send them back? Especially the ones who already paid in full for them. I really enjoyed my S7E but have enjoyed my N7 a bit more. My S7E loaner should be here early next week. Just a thought.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason that Samsung decides at the last minute not to send out replacement phones what do we do with N7 we already have? Can they actually make us send them back? Especially the ones who already paid in full for them. I really enjoyed my S7E but have enjoyed my N7 a bit more. My S7E loaner should be here early next week. Just a thought.
Why wouldn't you exchange it for a good one?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
For whatever reason th.at Samsung decides at the last minute not to send out replacement phones what do we do with N7 we already have? Can they actually make us send them back? Especially the ones who already paid in full for them. I really enjoyed my S7E but have enjoyed my N7 a bit more. My S7E loaner should be here early next week. Just a thought.

It might just be a rumor, but I heard that after Sept 30 or 31st, Samsung will REMOTELY KILL ALL OUTSTANDING BAD BATTERY NOTE .7s. Past that date,all outstanding un returned phones will be door weights.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
It might just be a rumor, but I heard that after Sept 30 or 31st, Samsung will REMOTELY KILL ALL OUTSTANDING BAD BATTERY NOTE .7s. Past that date,all outstanding un returned phones will be door weights.

I've been noticing lately I've been getting very bad battery life battery drains quickly and anywhere under 15% the phone automatically dies and it runs very hot

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I think this all depends on what the CPSC finds in their test.

If its that bad and we keep seeing these reports of fires, there is no doubt the CPSC CAN MAKE carriers block IMEI's. This would be down the road like couple of months from now. But they government can absolutely tell carriers to block. Would have to be done by carriers not Samsung.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My S7 is on the delivery truck today. *sigh* I already miss my Note 7 :( I really hope the replacements come out sooner than October or December...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
In a tmobile chat this morning, I was told by a rep that I would have to pay any associated tax/down payment on the replacement Note 7 when it's available. Has anyone else heard this?

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
In a tmobile chat this morning, I was told by a rep that I would have to pay any associated tax/down payment on the replacement Note 7 when it's available. Has anyone else heard this?

I think that would be true if you did a full return and refund. If you've only gone the loaner route and still have your N7, I can't see how they could charge you since at that point you would be doing an exchange.

There isn't a clear channel of or for information which is what is making it all so confusing.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I returned the note 7 in store as soon as I heard about the recall. I wish I would've gone the route of loaner through the mail. At any rate I grabbed a note 5 loaner while there for now.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Today I was watching the today news show I don't really care for that program, but they showed this dude's car on fire and he said his Galaxy S7 caught on fire they also specified it was not a note 7 it was an s7

They also said the fire department had not yet reached the conclusion of what started the fire.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless we hear from the CPSC this week dont count on it.
I'm fairly certain they're working behind the scenes without updating us on every detail of their work. More than likely when they announce something they are going to announce that the original Note 7 is recalled but that devices are available now to be replacing those that haven't been exchanged yet. I wouldn't be surprised if that comes to be in the next few days or a couple of weeks at the most.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Today I was watching the today news show I don't really care for that program, but they showed this dude's car on fire and he said his Galaxy S7 caught on fire they also specified it was not a note 7 it was an s7

They also said the fire department had not yet reached the conclusion of what started the fire.
All sorts of reports like these are showing up now even though they aren't about the Note 7. I've been looking and the most I can find is three reports about the Note 7. 1 being the Jeep the other being the car in Florida and another being in a garage. Other than that I haven't seen any other reports and even those have not been officially blamed on the Note 7.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
We went to NY last weekend for the memorial ceremonies at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. I rode NJ Transit and the Path Trains, rode the subways as well since we were there the whole weekend. Even used the phone to purchase tickets and present our tickets through the NJT app to the conductors. I was watching movies on the train. I carried a Jackberry portable battery on my bag and charge the phone with it. Used the phone non-stop throughout the weekend. On the way back home another guy who went to see the US Open, was literally charging his Note 7 on one of the train's outlet. We made jokes about the phone. He too is riding it out until he gets a replacement.
The Path and Subway trains you insert your metro pass at the gates. There's no personnel that checks on passengers aboard the train. NJ Transit, maybe, since there's conductors checking on tickets on board. But I doubt they'll have time to check on phones.View attachment 239406
I figured as much. There's just too many people with phones to keep up with. Great pic BTW.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
All sorts of reports like these are showing up now even though they aren't about the Note 7. I've been looking and the most I can find is three reports about the Note 7. 1 being the Jeep the other being the car in Florida and another being in a garage. Other than that I haven't seen any other reports and even those have not been officially blamed on the Note 7.

I was reading an article online, which I know can be completely fabricated, in it a teacher claims her s7 caught on fire while she was at a cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.