T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Just hung up w/ the a Rep from the 844 number... this is getting so frustrating. She told me my order is on backorder and won't ship out til November. I didn't want to waste my whole day (Bday) in a Tmobile store. Rep also told me not to cancel my order since a lot of people are cancelling and might bump up a spot for me. This is getting ridiculous and I super hate using the S7edge. Tomorrow I will try my luck, I don't care what color I get. I just want to use a Note phone. Tmobile should get their act together!

Same thing happened to me I called because the t force people gave me the number and the rep I talked to was of no help either,most t-mobile employees have no idea what's going on they all say whatever comes to their mind at the moment lol

I'm actually contemplating just waiting til the 30th and if I can't get replacements I'm just going to buy a cheap phone to use til I can see what Google has to offer, it will be difficult because I like the note line but for what I'm paying for this phone I'd think I'd be able to enjoy it

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I have a pleasant experience today exchanging my Note 7 in my Tmo store. I kept all the accessories including the S-Pen from the original phone. The associate did an exemplary service that I even tip him with $10, not that I need to, but I want to.
I wasn't able to get there until 1:30 pm. 4 associates working the floor and 6 customers ahead of me, 4 with Note related stuff and 2 buying other phones.
Sat there waited patiently and about 20 mins later, the same associate that took care of me when I bought the Note 7 came to get me and apologized profusely for the wait. He took a glance at my silver Note 7 that I was still using and ask if I was there for the replacement. He then told me the only available color they have is the blue, The irony of it, is I wanted the blue originally but it wasn't available and had fallen in love with the silver. Now, it's just the blue - heck, I'll take it! I handed him my original receipt and he was so happy mentioning all he needed was in the receipt, making his work easier and only took him less than 5 minutes to do whatever in their system. Went to the back to get the phone then ask me if I wanted to transfer the files to the new phone. I refused, told him I backed up my files in my home pc and I will do it at home (thinking it will save me time and his time). He transferred the sim to the new phone, and started peeling the plastic covering on the screen. I said no don't do that! He then looked at me and said he was going to install a new Zagg protector on my phone. Reminding me that my old phone got the Zagg film - front and back. He then mentioned it was also on my receipt. I was so impressed with his initiative and he did a good job and took the time to install it, despite by that time there were more customers waiting.

I've read some comments above regarding not credited for their returns, what not. The reason mine went smoothly and quick was, it was an even exchange and have my original receipt, nor I have to return a loaner as well. The couple (2 guys) who were being helped by another associate took forever. Their case: both got the original Note 7 that they returned at an earlier time and both also got the loaner phones. Their EIPs where showing both the original Note 7s and the loaner phones. Took the other sales associate about 30 min. to get in touch with customer care to erase those EIPs so he could issue them the replacement Note 7s. But in general nobody was aggravated or impatient and that sales associate did make everything right for those 2 guys.
Me, I walk out of there with my shiny new coral blue Note 7 with Zagg covers and extra accessories and an S-Pen.

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
after going to a store and no employee knowing what was going on then calling the 844 # and still no idea of what was going on then trying the chat session and the run around and finally speaking to someone who had half a brain ordered me a S7 Edge about a week ago. Now fast forward to today and i stand in line for an hour and a half and knowing that the store had plenty of replacements in stock because they told me in while in line. I was actually #3. They were helping #1 & 2 on replacing their Notes. Couldn't hear was exactly was being said but they both walked out without replacements and with their defective units. Then i go up and they ask me if i have a receipt and I said that I do not but that they can check online to see my receipt. They proceed to now go into a script of how they can't replace the phone without a store receipt because of their computers not functioning properly. Then the employee tells me that she will order me one while on the computer and that the processing will be done at T-Mobile headquarters and a replacement phone will be sent to their store and then i can replace the phone without a receipt. So i check now 8 hours later and nothing is ordered. Either T-Mobile or samsung doesn't want my business. I really have no recourse for this ineptitude and i'm stuck unless i jump ship to another carrier (except Sprint) and purchase an iPhone. I feel like i have wasted a full 20 hours of time trying to sort this fiasco since over a week ago, not to mention having to re-organize the loaner phone.

I'm glad for those who had a hassle free experience and that's great! but that seems to be the exception not the norm right now.
Just had to vent. I think i'll return the loaner and the note7 and use my note 5 and order an iPhone.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
after going to a store and no employee knowing what was going on then calling the 844 # and still no idea of what was going on then trying the chat session and the run around and finally speaking to someone who had half a brain ordered me a S7 Edge about a week ago. Now fast forward to today and i stand in line for an hour and a half and knowing that the store had plenty of replacements in stock because they told me in while in line. I was actually #3. They were helping #1 & 2 on replacing their Notes. Couldn't hear was exactly was being said but they both walked out without replacements and with their defective units. Then i go up and they ask me if i have a receipt and I said that I do not but that they can check online to see my receipt. They proceed to now go into a script of how they can't replace the phone without a store receipt because of their computers not functioning properly. Then the employee tells me that she will order me one while on the computer and that the processing will be done at T-Mobile headquarters and a replacement phone will be sent to their store and then i can replace the phone without a receipt. So i check now 8 hours later and nothing is ordered. Either T-Mobile or samsung doesn't want my business. I really have no recourse for this ineptitude and i'm stuck unless i jump ship to another carrier (except Sprint) and purchase an iPhone. I feel like i have wasted a full 20 hours of time trying to sort this fiasco since over a week ago, not to mention having to re-organize the loaner phone.

I'm glad for those who had a hassle free experience and that's great! but that seems to be the exception not the norm right now.
Just had to vent. I think i'll return the loaner and the note7 and use my note 5 and order an iPhone.

Yikes! I have a feeling it is more about how TMO is handling the returns rather than Samsung, since other carriers were offering exchanges before TMO. I would hope they would get more organized about it - maybe this experience will help reflect that. My experience was not as bad - took an hour and that included using smartswitch.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Yikes! I have a feeling it is more about how TMO is handling the returns rather than Samsung, since other carriers were offering exchanges before TMO. I would hope they would get more organized about it - maybe this experience will help reflect that. My experience was not as bad - took an hour and that included using smartswitch.

There's a major outage now lol

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The store employees only care about making sales, at least where I'm at. I waited an hour and a half today in a store that had replacement units, which I personally saw a decent number of them in there, and they found out I was JOD and told me that their system was down and not processing exchanges and that they'd call me back. They told me I'd have this problem at every store so not to bother calling around. I was furious at having had to wait so long to be turned away, but they gave me a charger and promised to call me when their system was working again. I spouted off on Twitter so TForce reached out but they were totally useless, told me to go back to the store that afternoon.

3 or so hours later I called other local stores and nobody had the phone. I then called the original store, talked to someone who didn't realize I had been in earlier and she straight out lied to me told me they never got any units in, that they were supposed to but the phones never showed. I called her out then she changed her tune and told me some other nonsense that they got units but that the ones they got were for selling to new customers and doing upgrades and would not be accepted by the warranty system. On top of all this, now that the replacement units are supposedly "available", TMo is not offering to do an exchange for a different loaner phone from their inventory.

I contacted Samsung to complain re: TMo's premature withdrawal of the loaner offer and they basically said tough crap, talk to TMO and please shut the phone off until they do something for you. I signed up for JOD to get this phone and I suppose I will just have to use a Jump if I want to stop carrying it and risking my safety, since after all of the aforementioned, I called the 844 line which placed a ship-to-store but it's on back order so if I'd like to not carry a fire hazard around until who knows when, that may be my only option. I'm going to decide tomorrow whether I want to raise hell until they cancel my JOD lease altogether and then go back to unlocked devices or just use the Jump and never ever touch another Samsung device again. Seriously, this has been one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with a cellular provider and a device manufacturer.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I received a text after I ordered it that gave me my order number that was tues about 1/2 hr after I did the phone order.Then a Second text weds am that it shipped then nothing after .no shipping info or track number .so weds evening I went on twitter help and asked for more info on my order.she then sent me a link to confirm my account info.about 15 min later she confirmed it shipped and then gave me ups and track number.i was then able to go to ups and see my phone should be delivered to store by Thurs at 3pm.

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I pick up my N7 last night after going to the local mall here in NJ took about 90 mins with wait time got it in black once everyone found out they had them place got crowded pretty quick. I not sure what up with Tmo so stores can't do a exchange because the phone is not in there system other stores no problem weird u would think they all have the same system.

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been with Tmo since they were Voice Stream and never had a problem with them but with the recall and exchange process it's painful obvious they need need to train there people better let's hope no more recalls.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my note 7 in mid town Manhattan the whole process took about 40 minutes. I thought they would give me a problem like the 1844 number due to the fact that I turn the recalled phone in on sept 1st this was way before they started distributing loaners.i just used my old phone during that time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
S
o glad I got my replacement yesterday evening. Now the wait for my son's replacement S6😐. It's 5 months old and suddenly quit turning on. 2 minutes into charging its so hot we have to quickly put it down and unplug. They don't offer loaners now for S6 so waiting on warranty replacement which isn't expected in until Friday grrrr. He's using this awful little cheap unlocked go phone so he can at least text us from school. Always tool care of his phone-this one apparently had a defective battery

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Also, I emailed John Legere and gave the Ocala store some mad props. I hope he reads it and contacts them to give them a virtual high five. I couldn't have gotten better service at an Apple store than what I got there today. Excellent service!
My store was great too. And it wasn't one I've been to before. I was calling around and they happened to have the one blue one left yesterday and were willing to hold it until 4pm for me. I got there at 3:53 They knew what they were doing and if they didn't have a pc issue the process would've been maybe 20 minutes. Instead it was closer to 40-45. Well worth the wait and freedom from anxious waiting lol.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I pick up my N7 last night after going to the local mall here in NJ took about 90 mins with wait time got it in black once everyone found out they had them place got crowded pretty quick. I not sure what up with Tmo so stores can't do a exchange because the phone is not in there system other stores no problem weird u would think they all have the same system.
They may have ha d issues with the . One of my locals said they had to manually load and enter the sku's. The other local where I got my replacement, they said they had to return one of the replacements from Samsung because it was improperly labelled. Didn't have the V2 on the box and something else was amiss. Mine had the black square and V2. They also were careful to go into the phone itself and check this code that confirms its one of the good replacement ones. I felt much more at ease.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
They may have ha d issues with the . One of my locals said they had to manually load and enter the sku's. The other local where I got my replacement, they said they had to return one of the replacements from Samsung because it was improperly labelled. Didn't have the V2 on the box and something else was amiss. Mine had the black square and V2. They also were careful to go into the phone itself and check this code that confirms its one of the good replacement ones. I felt much more at ease.
I have the black square where do you find the V2 labeling?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the black square where do you find the V2 labeling?
71a9530817caffe37c485f03ba72874b.jpg

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My box only has the black square. I checked the imei number and it checked out fine

Attachments

• 1474539853655.jpg
    1474539853655.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If it's that late liek he said, then you should just wait for the S8 Edge then. Most people on here will probably jump over the the S8 Edge anyways like they did this year with the Note 5 to S7 Edge.
Unless the S8 has less pronounced curves I won't be switching. That's o e thing I didn't like about the Edge. Way too much curve for my liking. I didn't like the rounded edge compared to the squares edge of the note either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95