T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just chatted with them and they are no longer doing the orders to the store they are just saying to call first and make sure they have some in stock

a1ee7172adace05264615a989207fad2.jpg

tara segaline

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Keep calling. They told me that twice - just go to the store and get it there. I called again and the next rep put the order through and was so pleasant about it. I had the phone 2 days later. Also, every time I called I asked for credits for all the hassles. Even the in store rep gave me credits and I did not even have to ask him. I was in and out with my replacement in 15 minutes, even with having to do a loaner return I feel bad for everyone trying to get their replacements and not being able to. It should not be that hard to get a replacement for an official recall. These stores are required to take them back. I really think it just comes down to getting lucky with a good rep who knows what to do and not being lazy and disgruntled about all the extra work.

adam13141

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I was able to exchange both my wife and my Note 7s today at a T-Mobile store. The process was long, it took about 2 hours. They let me keep all accessories that came with the phone, I just gave them the box it came in.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged mine today at T-Mobile and was a quick good experience. I was in there for 15 minutes. I got to keep all my original accessories, even the s-pen.

So far, the battery life seems better then the other after the update.

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
It took a lot of calls to find a store that had a silver Note, and they only had one left so I had to race over there. Once I got there the exchange took 5 minutes.

The lady who helped me said mine was easy because I purchased it in a store. For phones purchased online, they typically can't be returned in stores. So for people exchanging Notes bought online, they have to override the system. She said that has been taking about an hour, because they have to call people to get approvals and the system takes a while to update.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I guess I will get my replacement phone Tuesday or Wednesday. But I'm hoping sooner. But after a chat on the phone yesterday the rep told when these phones finally go on sale for the public I can use my jump to get the color I want. That's the only way I can change colors. This silver S7 Edge loaner is growing in me. Since I used my jump to get my N7 how can I use it again to swap colors (if possible)? Wouldn't I have to pay taxes and down payment all over again? Not to mention use my other jump less than 2 months. How would this work if I did this?

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya man. Well my problem now is Tmobile can't find the iPhone 6S I mailed back when I got my original Note 7...lol, niiiiiice. Can't wait to deal with that next week, but eh, that's a problem for next week.
You too? I swear T-Mobile is a joke sometimes! They can't find my husband's 6 Plus either. This whole thing is a mess!!!

uhhh

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Got my replacement and it shows a manufacturing date of 2016.08.30. Oh yeah, the new battery sucks! It charges slow and drain much faster than the old N7.:mad:

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will get my replacement phone Tuesday or Wednesday. But I'm hoping sooner. But after a chat on the phone yesterday the rep told when these phones finally go on sale for the public I can use my jump to get the color I want. That's the only way I can change colors. This silver S7 Edge loaner is growing in me. Since I used my jump to get my N7 how can I use it again to swap colors (if possible)? Wouldn't I have to pay taxes and down payment all over again? Not to mention use my other jump less than 2 months. How would this work if I did this?
Don't use up a jump to get a different color. Because of the recall you can return or exchange your recalled Note 7 for any device in store. That means you can exchange it for any color.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I got my replacement Note 7 Wednesday battery life is better, and doesn't lag as much... Good job samsung! I switch from Onyx Black to coral blue and I love coral blue very sexy color

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Don't use up a jump to get a different color. Because of the recall you can return or exchange your recalled Note 7 for any device in store. That means you can exchange it for any color.

I can't. As I said the replacement phone is being sent to a local store..a black one. That phone is associated with my account so there for I can not change colors. Which I think is BS. It's my phone I'm the one who is paying for it not Samsung or T-Mobile. Its not the end of the world if I cant change colors, but the fact I'm not aloud too is why its BS.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You too? I swear T-Mobile is a joke sometimes! They can't find my husband's 6 Plus either. This whole thing is a mess!!!

This has me worried. If you read my horror story I've had about not getting my $864 back yet because they have no record of me returning my Note 7 at the store. I'm supposed to have my money put back on my card soon tmobile told me, but if not by Wed I will be calling and heads will roll!

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got my replacement on Thursday, I tried to on Wednesday night. I got out of work later than usual and couldn't get to the store until 8:35pm (they closed at 9pm) of course they had customers in front of me but I waited patiently. They didn't finish until 8:56pm, finally one of the guys asked what I was there for and I told him to exchange for the replacement Note 7. Completely annoyed he told me that it would take over an hour and that they close in 4 minutes. I was pretty frustrated because I wasn't going to have any time the next day to do the exchange & after the forced update my old N7 was running like crap. Also I'm not one of those customers who needs their phone setup so I don't think it would've taken that long but I just wish someone would have said something to me when I was waiting in line. Or when I called earlier that day to make sure they were in stock.

Luckily for me the next day we had a power outage at my work but when I called to see if any of the local T-mobile stores had the new N7's in stock literally everyone was sold out except for the store I was at the night before. So even though I told T-Force I refused to step foot in that store again I went back. I'm glad I did different people were working, they were very friendly and even though it took almost two hours I got my coral blue note 7. Then sent John Leger a dm about the awesome employees who helped me Thursday night.

tl;dr Exchanged Silver for Coral Blue took app. 2 hours

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
So I finally got my replacement on Thursday, I tried to on Wednesday night. I got out of work later than usual and couldn't get to the store until 8:35pm (they closed at 9pm) of course they had customers in front of me but I waited patiently. They didn't finish until 8:56pm, finally one of the guys asked what I was there for and I told him to exchange for the replacement Note 7. Completely annoyed he told me that it would take over an hour and that they close in 4 minutes. I was pretty frustrated because I wasn't going to have any time the next day to do the exchange & after the forced update my old N7 was running like crap. Also I'm not one of those customers who needs their phone setup so I don't think it would've taken that long but I just wish someone would have said something to me when I was waiting in line. Or when I called earlier that day to make sure they were in stock.

Luckily for me the next day we had a power outage at my work but when I called to see if any of the local T-mobile stores had the new N7's in stock literally everyone was sold out except for the store I was at the night before. So even though I told T-Force I refused to step foot in that store again I went back. I'm glad I did different people were working, they were very friendly and even though it took almost two hours I got my coral blue note 7. Then sent John Leger a dm about the awesome employees who helped me Thursday night.

tl;dr Exchanged Silver for Coral Blue took app. 2 hours

How u like coral? I like it but it's very hard to find a case that matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38