T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
that is messed up! - they should have refunded the total amount!! when I got that "receveived at warehouse" message, it took several days too but the total was refunded. I would reach out to them on twitter. I had good results. They ordered me the 2nd phone after a nightmare of a 45minute overseas telesales rep experience. hopefully they can straighten out the issue and help you get your money back asap! good luck!

I don't understand their return policy in general. How is it so hard? Even best buy doesn't seem that messed up. Thelp originally wanted me to go back to the store 30 miles away!

What it sounded like happened is the store did not send my phone back to the warehouse right away. They said they would take care of the shipping for me so I wouldnt have to ship it back. What I'm thinking is it sat there and they waited until they had a bunch of Note 7 returns and pack them up all at once and of course it was probably shipped ground too which probably took almost 5 days.

I don't understand if you ordered it why the store can't issue the refund but has to wait until warehouse gets it. I mean I brought it to a tmobile store. When I worked for Officemax if someone ordered a computer or something online we would still refund them the amount in the store. I guess I should have requested them send me a new Note 7 and shipped mine back, but that wouldn't have eventually mattered because it sounds like they will nix the Note 7 now.

Btw I've noticed s7 edge cases seem to be in lower stock lately. I guess a lot opted for the S7 edge maybe.

edhawk

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm on JOD, knew something like this would happen, T-mobile is just not smart enough to figure all this out. Usual bill is $350ish, got the text saying my new bill is ready this morning. $1085. Huh? Of course no detailed info is available yet so who knows what this is. I went from S7E to Note7 then another S7E replacement and finally back to Version 2 Note 7, All on JOD, turned in all the old devices at the store and made them give me a receipt showing $0 balance due. Can't imagine how many hours this is going to waste of my life to get straightened out. And now I really need to get something else to replace Note 7 ver 2 failboat. I travel every week and can't take the chance something happens about banning these firestarters from planes or worse.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Enjoyed the note 7 while it lasted....hey guys this device will be permanently recalled...there really is no choice now....I really did appreciate everyone on the T-Mobile board when we were fighting to get our replacement devices...this is the end so going to the lg v20

Last edited:

NYGUYE

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
There's a forum for that phone, they'd have more information. I hope you enjoy your phone. Take care.

I bought my note 7 at Samsung.com I asked to replace my note 7 and they shipped me an open box note 7 without the phone itself, called customer service and they gave me run-around from department to another department, some departments would drop my calls while i was on hold. Worst experience of any online purchase I've ever had. Customer reps. don't know anything, all they know is how to push the button to transfer and let someone else to worry about this. And this is called a technology company? than finally someone took my info down and gave me a issue ticket # when I called back the next day they gave me same run-around as the day before and then another agent told me that they could not locate my ticket number because they didn't have access to that system. OMG who are these people? they said they would need to create the request again, next day I called yet again and they said that they now see the request but investigation will take 1-2 weeks to figure out what happened. I bought my original note 7, 2 months ago so I still don't have my replacement phone and now there's going to be a replacement of a replacement. Just outrageous, this is just horrible. Samsung is treating there customers like nothing. I also asked to speak to the supervisor and all the agents told me that the supervisor is not available and that the supervisor could only call me back in 24-48 hrs but no one ever called me. I can't even reach any knowledgeable agent to complain and than if I did what's the use. My recommendation is to run away from this company. Their engineer's could be good but their customer service is horrible. I've never seen for any company to be treating it's customers that way. Samsung if you don't have customer service then don't sell your products direct to consumers. Samsung is completely Incompetent.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
IF you ordered the phone and paid in whole don't expect to get your full refund for weeks. I returned mine sept 14th still waiting for a refund on my charge card. They only refunded the tax so far. Tforce said it might take up to 8 weeks from the time the warehouse scans it. total BS

I attempted to get a refund this morning before all the Tmobile news hit. I was told that it'd take a ridiculous 45 days to get my refund and it'd be in the form of a check. I said "nope, no thank you. I don't even want to return the phone." lol. The lady did say that if it's a full blown recall that ends up happening they'd be forced to give me my money back ASAP.

Before I left I did ask her if she had any info as to whether they'd stop support or stop selling the phone permanently. She said that from what she's been told (through management and memos) there is no desire to stop sales permanently unless Samsung say's there is definitely something up with these devices. Samsung has apparently given Tmobile a timetable of a week and a half for information on what if anything is going on and what steps need to be taken.

Anyways. Take it with a grain of salt, but I thought it was interesting info.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I attempted to get a refund this morning before all the Tmobile news hit. I was told that it'd take a ridiculous 45 days to get my refund and it'd be in the form of a check. I said "nope, no thank you. I don't even want to return the phone." lol. The lady did say that if it's a full blown recall that ends up happening they'd be forced to give me my money back ASAP.

Before I left I did ask her if she had any info as to whether they'd stop support or stop selling the phone permanently. She said that from what she's been told (through management and memos) there is no desire to stop sales permanently unless Samsung say's there is definitely something up with these devices. Samsung has apparently given Tmobile a timetable of a week and a half for information on what if anything is going on and what steps need to be taken.

It is simply BS. Once the warehouse gets it and scans it they issued me a refund on the tax portion within a couple days, but they claim up to 8 weeks to get my FULL refund. Does the company not have the money on hand to refund me the phone? Makes no sense why they didn't refund my card all at once. Amazon was late shipping me a textbook the other day so I got my shipping refunded, and a day later it was already back on my card.

We called 611 2 weeks ago and they said up to 14 days so tomorrow we are calling again, hopefully before they get bum rushed with returns. Who knows now long my refund would be then. What kills me is for us who exchanged for another device they basically made us purchase a whole new device instead of swapping it out so it is basically like I own two phones even though I only have one since I paid for two phones.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

It is simply BS. Once the warehouse gets it and scans it they issued me a refund on the tax portion within a couple days, but they claim up to 8 weeks to get my FULL refund. Does the company not have the money on hand to refund me the phone? Makes no sense why they didn't refund my card all at once. Amazon was late shipping me a textbook the other day so I got my shipping refunded, and a day later it was already back on my card.

We called 611 2 weeks ago and they said up to 14 days so tomorrow we are calling again, hopefully before they get bum rushed with returns. Who knows now long my refund would be then. What kills me is for us who exchanged for another device they basically made us purchase a whole new device instead of swapping it out so it is basically like I own two phones even though I only have one since I paid for two phones.

Maybe they're trying to make interest on the money as long as possible while it sits in the bank?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
There's a forum for that phone, they'd have more information. I hope you enjoy your phone. Take care.
I still mentioned the note 7 in my post so it's a well warranted post especially with all of the mess going on with the explosions...the note 7 thread may be taken down soon so it doesn't hurt for me to ask a simple question....thank you... and I will still have my note 7 until October 28th after talking to tmobile and placing notes in my account that I will be exchanging it for the lg v20

The people posting on this thread have been my support group in this debacle and I preferred to ask my question to actual posters who know where I was coming from. The people on the lg v20 forum are not dealing with our ordeals....

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I still mentioned the note 7 in my post so it's a well warranted post especially with all of the mess going on with the explosions...the note 7 thread may be taken down soon so it doesn't hurt for me to ask a simple question....thank you... and I will still have my note 7 until October 28th after talking to tmobile and placing notes in my account that I will be exchanging it for the lg v20

The people posting on this thread have been my support group in this debacle and I preferred to ask my question to actual posters who know where I was coming from. The people on the lg v20 forum are not dealing with our ordeals....

You asked about a phone and preorder. This specific forum is about the Note 7. There is an LG V20 section.

Any word on if the preorder for lg v20 starts....can we call and still preorder and then swap our note 7's out when it arrives????

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Maybe they're trying to make interest on the money as long as possible while it sits in the bank?

Yeah it's complete BS. The lady helping me out seemed surprised the system wouldn't allow the refund forcing it to go through a check.

I did however think of a possible workaround for this. I'm thinking if I can perhaps go in and do a exchange versus a refund for a device that costs less (thinking G5 or something in that range) I imagine they'd have to refund the difference. Hopefully the difference would be lowered enough to be able to process through regular means. If this works out I can then return the new device for a full refund right on the spot. Wouldn't even bother opening up the phone.

Might be worth a shot.

tara segaline

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I tried to return my replacement today, but T-Mobile is so screwed up on their billing that there is a discrepancy on how much I am supposed to get back. Also, they had NO phones in stock to replace with. So I kept the note and went to the apple store. 3 hours with an IPhone and it is already back in the box. There is no functionality with all the apps I really need. The note 5 is just ridiculously overpriced for an old model. So, I ordered the cheap J7 to live with the next few months until something better comes along. (Yeah, Id rather have a J7 over the Iphone)
So much for treating myself to a really nice phone. The Note was a present to myself for getting a big raise at work and it's just turned into a nightmare experience. I will NEVER pre-order again.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Enjoyed the note 7 while it lasted....hey guys this device will be permanently recalled...there really is no choice now....I really did appreciate everyone on the T-Mobile board when we were fighting to get our replacement devices...this is the end so going to the lg v20

Me too. LG V20. Glad I kept my Note 4 too.

BTW, the Samsung Administrator that made the call to save a few pennies by cheaping out with a cheaper battery supplier, should be tarred and feathered. Just my 2 cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez