Non-USA Carrier Note 7 Recall Thread

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
So random thought here, those of you that were in the other thread for pre ordering the phone from rogers and recall I missed getting the phone through Costco by one day

This might be a blessing in disguise.. I could return this phone to rogers for the full refund and once the phone is for sale again I can go to Costco and order it through them like I had wanted to before to get all the their perks like the free charger and gift card and the device protection

I already have the gear fit watch so I still got my pre order gift to keep.

Only thing I might miss out on is any potential free gifts samsung may send out to those who are waiting. But so far I haven't heard of much for Canadian customers

KallyPhornia

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, meant to say, I originally applied on the phone to Samsung on the day it was announced, and then on their website on Thursday. I haven't received an email yet. I'm wondering if it's going by Province, I'm in BC so maybe we're last?

Have you heard anything yet?

I filled out the online form on September 8th and still haven't gotten an email. I called the number today and the guy gave me the option of registering with him again. He told me not to worry I would be contacted as soon as they had a phone available, but right now, they have no phones available so if they called me they would have no update.

Plus I have now gotten 2 text messages from Rogers, the latest saying to power down the phone. And yesterday I got a voicemail from costco telling me the same thing.

Hopefully we will get answers soon!

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I've heard nothing from Samsung yet, I registered almost a week ago. Got a text from Telus to contact where I bought it. I'll wait patiently as I'm having no overheating on mine at the moment

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Have you heard anything yet?

I filled out the online form on September 8th and still haven't gotten an email. I called the number today and the guy gave me the option of registering with him again. He told me not to worry I would be contacted as soon as they had a phone available, but right now, they have no phones available so if they called me they would have no update.

Plus I have now gotten 2 text messages from Rogers, the latest saying to power down the phone. And yesterday I got a voicemail from costco telling me the same thing.

Hopefully we will get answers soon!
That's interesting... I have no voice mail from Costco yet. Bell has been oretty good about coordinating with Samsung and their text messages. According to the latest text I should find out in the 15th where and when to swap my phone (I took the swap option rather than ship option in the exchange program.)

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if it's East coast getting them first? I'm in the West and I've heard another west coaster not getting theirs today

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine never showed today, I end up taking mine back to Rogers today after hearing what Samsung is making us do to take back the old ones but I haven't contacted Samsung yet to cancel the shipment

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine never showed today, I end up taking mine back to Rogers today after hearing what Samsung is making us do to take back the old ones but I haven't contacted Samsung yet to cancel the shipment
Are you east or west? Also, were you within your 14 day return period?

KallyPhornia

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't gotten an email confirming that I registered for the replacement program.

I got a letter from Costco today stating they will not participate in the exchange program and I have to use the mail option with Samsung.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I still haven't gotten an email confirming that I registered for the replacement program.

I got a letter from Costco today stating they will not participate in the exchange program and I have to use the mail option with Samsung.
I haven't received an email either even though I registered both online and on the phone. I'm not too worried though considering I never got an email about my gear s2 free gift but it just showed up one day. I'll probably call them tomorrow.

KallyPhornia

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got a call this morning from Samsung. I had to request to change my exchange for pick up in store to mail to home. It wasn't totally clear if she could process that change over the phone. I still don't really know what's happening... Anyway, progress!

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I got a call this morning from Samsung. I had to request to change my exchange for pick up in store to mail to home. It wasn't totally clear if she could process that change over the phone. I still don't really know what's happening... Anyway, progress!
Interesting that they called you. I thought people were just getting emails? I didn't get a chance to call them but I heard someone else from BC that said they received an email that it would be shipped on Monday. Another thread shows many people back east got theirs yesterday. Fingers crossed it will come next week!

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Interesting that they called you. I thought people were just getting emails? I didn't get a chance to call them but I heard someone else from BC that said they received an email that it would be shipped on Monday. Another thread shows many people back east got theirs yesterday. Fingers crossed it will come next week!

I got an email today September 16 from FedEx showing my replacement phone is on the way for delivery Monday September 19. I'm in BC

Media Warrior

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I spoke with Samsung call center today. Lady there told me all North American replacement phones will be shipped by Monday night. So the next step is wait... Still no confirmation email from TELUS or Samsung that the online registration from last week was received... 48 hrs... Not.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Called again today, told them I've had no communication since registering 2 weeks ago. She took my info and said it would be expedited blah, blah. I'm not impressed, and why is our replacement team based in US?