Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Those switching to S7 Edge, waiting for N8 or buying s8 edge?

I will get it only if the next Note replacement is not released at the same time. Since we just ordered the S7E to hold us over for a few months, it will most definitely be an upgrade over the S7E. I am hoping they streamline all of their screens to look like the Note7. Definitely will get the biggest screen version of whatever comes out next.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Meh, I already had the Note 5. Never got great battery life out of it. Used an S7 edge as my loaner device. Was OK, but I really missed the Note 7 Grace interface. Was laggy at times. Less internal storage. Not a nice to hold.....I could go on. I think I am going to try something totally new and go with the LG V20. Then maybe jump to the S8/edge or whatever comes out when that does. Then the Note 8 if it happens. Thankfully I have T-Mobile jump on demand. Never thought I would use it so much.
Speaking of JOD, the rep on the phone today told me all Note7 users got their JOD counters reset. So, even if this was your third JOD this year, you're back to 1. This is just one rep, so take it with a grain of salt.
Also, not sure if the 3 upgrades are for one calendar year or rolling 12 month period.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm just curious with you all that are switching to the S7 edge, will you buy the s8 Edge or whatever they call the larger screen, or will you hold onto the S7 Edge and buy a Note 8 later next year?

The way you wrote makes it sound like people could just swap their Note 7 for an S7 edge, and then swap again for an S8 edge if/when they come out in February/March. That however is not the case. Whatever anyone swaps for now they'll be stuck with at best doing a trade-in and payment of the remainder of the cost, or paying full price for whatever eventually comes out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Pixel XL? It's an okay phone BUT no water resistance and no SD card slot! Better off with an S7 edge then.

I am fine with the trade off. Water resistance is nice but it will never drive my purchase for a phone. I snagged the 128 GB Pixel XL and that is more space than I think I can fill so no SD card slot also doesn't bother me.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I need advice please. I have to return the n7 like everyone. I have a trip in 2 weeks and I'm not taking the risk of keeping the n7 on the plane. I'm not a fan of lg and it still not available. Tmobile will not sell the nexus. And I don't wanna get an old one like s7 or note 5. The only option is the iPhone 7 although I am not an apple fan. And i still have to wait couple of weeks to get it from tmobile... What should I do???

You legally can't take the phone on a plane now. If you do...well let's just say you might not make it to your destination as you could be held for questioning for a very long time.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I was also told that jumps are reset. It is supposed to be 3 jumps in a 12 month period, but I have also heard of many who have jumped more than that without any problems at all.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anybody looked into that google phone I forget the name but that don't look to bad I am trying to see what to get since i have to turn my note 7 in
I actually ordered it. I'm going to take it for a test run. If I don't like it I'll be coming back to Note 5 or S7 edge.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, it is DONE! My iPhone 7+ arrived via UPS today. I immediately jumped in the car and headed to my favorite VZW store (almost an hour away...btw if you are in the Houston/Woodlands area I highly recommend the Woodlands store. EXCELLENT service every time).

New black S7e on the way. Picked up the otterbox symmetry for it as well. The symmetry for the Note 7 was a piece of engineering genius. Kept the edges protected yet accessible within a very sleek design. Otterbox has been making bank off of me due to this N7 fiasco. :D

Thanks again to everyone that set me straight. Like I told my guy at VZW, no more "angry shopping" and back to my 90 day rule. ;)

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Next Note!!! My husband will take my S7e as he will be ready for a new phone and I will pounce on the new Note.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm a regular s pen user. Didn't get the N5 due to lack of SD card. I'll get the next note but will wait for it to be out for a bit.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
So what are the big differences with the iPhone 7?

Comparing it to the n7, what are the big differences?

I know it is bluetooth only, but I hear the thing is it hardly had any customization features. No drag and drop for music and files.

I never had an apple product, always android. At this point with all this n7 drama, I wish it was all done. I'm waiting for a v20 at this point.

Thank you

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I'll be getting a V20 for now and see what Samsung has to offer next year with their N8 or whatever it'll be called ?!

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Wish I could but I'll be stuck with the s7 edge for 2 years. Which I'm upset about, I got rid of my note 4 to upgrade to the 7, so I'm stuck without a phone. I wish Samsung gave us a loaner even if it was a refurbished phone to hold us up till the new note 8 came out or even the s8. I never wanted the s7 edge and now I feel like I'm stuck with it because there are no other options.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

I didn't want to be stuck with the S7e for 2 years so I bought a Note 5 off of ebay, it will suffice for now.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: So what are the big differences with the iPhone 7?

Comparing it to the n7, what are the big differences?

I know it is bluetooth only, but I hear the thing is it hardly had any customization features. No drag and drop for music and files.

I never had an apple product, always android. At this point with all this n7 drama, I wish it was all done. I'm waiting for a v20 at this point.

Thank you

I am not sure what you mean about Bluetooth only. The iPhone does not have a headphone jack, but comes with a lightning to headphone jack adapter.

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

is the v20 water/ dust resistant? I'm kind of leaning toward the v20, but I really love the display on the note 7..

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: So what are the big differences with the iPhone 7?

I've had phones from three ecosystems. Android (Nexus 5, Note 4 and LG G5), Apple iphone 4S (and ipads) and Windows phones.

By far the most restrictive with customization is iOS. It's gotten a little better in the last couple of iOS iterations but nowhere near what you can do with Android. You're restricted to iTunes for any sort of file transfers etc.

If you like tweaking and customizing your device I think you'll get really bored iOS really quickly.

And don't get me started on how iOS is supposedly "innovative"...like having to leave the camera app and go into the settings app to adjust camera settings... :confused:

The main benefit with the iPhone is Apple's customer support. You know your phone will get timely updates for years, and iPhones are overall well made, reliable phones that will perform well for at least a couple of years. They're phones for the people so to speak. If you're tech savvy and like tons of features and customization, iPhone isn't for you in my opinion. Unless jailbreaking comes back with a vengeance.