Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The Note 7 was awesome, everything kind of seems like a downgrade to me. I exchanged my Note 7 for an S7 Edge this morning because I just wanted to be done with this and it's ok but can't help despising it a little bit.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

If you're going to include the HTC, you should mention the about the regular S7. No crazy large curved screen that results in multiple accidental touches like the S7 Edge and the same size as the HTC 10. Also, you can use a tempered screen protector as well.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I swapped out for the S7 edge. Not particularly happy about it, but I don't like the look of the Pixel XL or V20, so the S7Edge is the closest I'm getting to the Note 7, albeit without a stylus.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy offered me a $250 gift card to go with the Note 5. I like it okay but even despite that promotion I wish a little bit that I'd gotten an LG V10. However, I did pre-order the V20 so I guess I can live w/out the V10. I'm not completely in love with the battery life on the Note 5 but as a tertiary device I guess it'll be okay. That $250 gift card actually went a long way.

Did you pre order the v20 from best buy?

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I am disgusted, I would have gone with the Note 5 but that's moving backwards and only 64hb with Verizon, really. I totally switched over to this phone, got rid of my apple watch and purchased a gear. I'm not pleased, now I have to settle. I hope Samsung offers its prior N7 customers a sweet deal when the next note comes out

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm so aggravated over this situation. It may be just a phone but after all the hours spent through the pre order prcess through getting the replacement, the fact I waited for this phone specifically to upgrade and there isn't a single other phone that suits my needs. My galaxy S5 was on its last leg, so now what am I supposed to do, shell out for a phone I don't even want? Not to mention the money wasted on the 6 tempered glass screen protectors I have, the wireless charging stand, two anker usb c battery packs, 3 cases, the SAMSUNG VR etc. All purchased on amazon and ebay so SOL there too. I feel like breaking something honestly.

What happened to waiting for the CPSC to find out if the new batch were even defective? In this age of media sensationalism and social media outrage was this just a rush to judgement? We don't even know for a fact the new note 7's aren't safe. Not one of those stories has been verified. Samsung is stopping production yes but that very well could have nothing to do with whether the new batch is safe and more of a cutting their loss for their share holders to not inflict more damage to their brand, maybe with all these reports and knowing that most are false they realize that no matter what they do any more note 7 out will always have that stigma so they are cutting their losses on this device. Could it be possible that after the CPSC finishes their investigation and if they determine that they were in fact safe that those who still have Note 7's can keep them once they are cleared, just they wont be making any more?

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm so aggravated over this situation. It may be just a phone but after all the hours spent through the pre order prcess through getting the replacement, the fact I waited for this phone specifically to upgrade and there isn't a single other phone that suits my needs. My galaxy S5 was on its last leg, so now what am I supposed to do, shell out for a phone I don't even want? Not to mention the money wasted on the 6 tempered glass screen protectors I have, the wireless charging stand, two anker usb c battery packs, 3 cases, the SAMSUNG VR etc. All purchased on amazon and ebay so SOL there too. I feel like breaking something honestly.

What happened to waiting for the CPSC to find out if the new batch were even defective? In this age of media sensationalism and social media outrage was this just a rush to judgement? We don't even know for a fact the new note 7's aren't safe. Not one of those stories has been verified. Samsung is stopping production yes but that very well could have nothing to do with whether the new batch is safe and more of a cutting their loss for their share holders to not inflict more damage to their brand, maybe with all these reports and knowing that most are false they realize that no matter what they do any more note 7 out will always have that stigma so they are cutting their losses on this device. Could it be possible that after the CPSC finishes their investigation and if they determine that they were in fact safe that those who still have Note 7's can keep them once they are cleared, just they wont be making any more?
This is why I'm choosing to wait. If rather have the Note 7 with no further updates than exchange it.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I swapped out for the S7 edge. Not particularly happy about it, but I don't like the look of the Pixel XL or V20, so the S7Edge is the closest I'm getting to the Note 7, albeit without a stylus.

I did the same. I'm not happy about it but I really had no choice. I need a phone even if it's not one that I prefer.

Don't get me wrong, the s7e is a good device. it's just not a n7.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm back on my Note 3 for now. Literally the only thing I miss from Note 7 is the camera. The camera is spectacular. On the other hand I get to use my ir blaster again and my notifications sound so much better coming from note 3 speaker. I know Note 7 had many, many other improvements but I either didn't notice them or hadn't learned to use them. I was disappointed the Note 7 was not faster than Note 3 despite more ram, faster processor, and updated ui. My Note 7 was a little laggy just like my Note 3.

LG is not known for making dependable long lasting phones and have crappy battery life but at least with V20 I keep 5.7 inch screen and will have ir blaster. I think it may have hdmi capability too which is a big plus for me.

To be honest my Note 3 is pretty nice so the V20 will have to be very good for me to keep it. If the Pixel had a 5.7 inch screen I might have gone that route.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you include the Nexus 6P 128 GB

I bought it this year by March and definitively love it! Great 7 months with this handset with excellent camera performance, dual speakers and QHD screen!.

I surely recommend the Nexus 6P and you will have a great bang for the buck as well as another two years of direct security patches from Google.

I am looking into this...which carriers does it work with? I am on Tmobile and can you still get a brand new one?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Switched back to my s6 and it is so hot all the time. It constantly says battery Temp is around 105. My note 7 on the other hand never gets above 93 degrees

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Sucks because for Verizon customers, the Samsung annual upgrade program isnt valid for the s7 edge anymore. You had to of bought it exactly a month ago. So now, if I do buy an s7 edge, I for sure have to keep it for the whole two years unless I pay 400 bucks after one year which is a little steep. I'm not missing out on the note8.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Good luck getting your hands on one lol Out of stock everywhere.

Verizon only had the black matte 256gb iPhone 7 plus available to ship now. They said the jet black, matte black and other colors in 32gb was back ordered or whatever til November 30 and the 128gb was back ordered to December 7. I got lucky i guess. Now my corperate store here only had 1 with rose gold and I wanted black lol

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone! :)
I don't think I could go back to 32 gb with no expandable storage and a step back in camera quality, especially low light.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish Samsung would speak up and make this a little less painful. Give us something for being loyal through two recalls. A voucher for the next device or something. $25 ain't cutting it. I'm just so over this. :(

On the news just now, they said Reuters estimates Samsung will lose 17 Billion because of the Note 7 problems. I can see why they aren't paying more than $25 at this point, but I definitely agree that it isn't enough for all the hassles

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch