09-08-2017 09:01 AM
302 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I love the relationship he has with Xerxes. And those white feet! I'm a sucker for a man who shamelessly loves a cat. Lol!
    Lol😻😸
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-02-2017 08:05 PM
    I love the relationship he has with Xerxes. And those white feet! I'm a sucker for a man who shamelessly loves a cat. Lol!
    "White shoes on patrol"
    09-02-2017 08:10 PM
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...ity-issues/#p3

Read this in what world would a v30 compare to a note ahahhahahahahhahahah
    anon(10305333) and chanchan05 like this.
    09-02-2017 08:32 PM
    Yep, Flossy not on the payroll... and I know what the first thing he'll say in the beginning of his Note 8 review... "Cost too damn high!" lol.

You should check out Flossy Carter. A little brash for some tastes but definitely not on payroll.
    09-02-2017 08:32 PM
    Like anything else, I have Youtubers I trust and go to for honest, non bias reviews. I agree that there are some that have an agenda to promote certain brands. I won't name names though, except Erica TTN is my go to.
    JawjaBill and Gray Area like this.
    09-02-2017 08:49 PM

Ouch.
    09-02-2017 09:57 PM

I think that folks are hoping that this pre-production unit doesn't have all the polish that the final versions ought to have.
    09-03-2017 11:21 AM
    Annnnnd here comes the bootloop comments: "I'll never buy an LG again!" Note 7 explodes and injured people but immediately forgiven and people are okay getting the Note 8. Rant over.

I wouldn't necessarily call the V30 king, but it's going to be an amazing alterative to the Note 8. The price tag is looking much nicer (as well as the phone design, sorry Samsung, LG wins this time). The 1.6 aperture, Hi-Fi microphone for recording, Hi-Fi DAC, P-OLED display, water resistance, wireless charging, QC 3.0 (vs Samsung's 2.0), still has military grade standard, wide angle front and rear cameras... too much to name. LG has put tremendous effort in the V30, while the Note 8, still an outstanding phone, basically is a variant of the Galaxy S8.
    09-03-2017 11:31 AM
    Annnnnd here comes the bootloop comments: "I'll never buy an LG again!" Note 7 explodes and injured people but immediately forgiven and people are okay getting the Note 8. Rant over.

I wouldn't necessarily call the V30 king, but it's going to be an amazing alterative to the Note 8. The price tag is looking much nicer (as well as the phone design, sorry Samsung, LG wins this time). The 1.6 aperture, Hi-Fi microphone for recording, Hi-Fi DAC, P-OLED display, water resistance, wireless charging, QC 3.0 (vs Samsung's 2.0), still has military grade standard, wide angle front and rear cameras... too much to name. LG has put tremendous effort in the V30, while the Note 8, still an outstanding phone, basically is a variant of the Galaxy S8.
    Samsung acknowledged the problem. Took back all bad units. Had to take it from clenched fists in some cases the phone was awesome. Gave out free stuff. etc. etc.

Please update me on what LG has done as I still have a $500 brick on my hands and would like to be made whole if at all possible.

The winner is typically determined at the end of the race, not the beginning.
    09-03-2017 11:46 AM
    I Would compare the V30 to S8 or S8plus. Note is about the stylus. I'm sure people will also compare iPhone 8 to Note, just because, but they aren't in the same category. If you compare the V30 to Note, it doesn't impress but to S8 or coming iPhone 8, then it looks a lot better. Still it's a question of brand comfort level. Meaning do you want to carry an LG or Samsung.
    JawjaBill likes this.
    09-03-2017 11:47 AM
    Just one quick note... "military grade", when being used as a term that is not part of the spec requirements for a piece of military equipment, doesn't actually mean anything. It is a marketing term. One thing it might mean is that they are using the same materials as used in a piece of military equipment, but unless they disclose which piece of equipment, there's no way of knowing what exactly it is, if anything. Example, if they were saying the aluminum part of the body was military grade, that could mean it's the same aluminum used in fences, or in forks or in some parts of an Abrams or it could mean it's the same aluminum specs used for the eyelets of hooded t-shirts available in the Exchange.

TLDR: "military" grade DOES NOT mean ANYTHING, at all, in the context of smartphones.

Made a big explanation here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...de-phones.html
    JawjaBill and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-03-2017 11:49 AM
    Sorry, the V30 can't hold a candle to the Note 8.

SPEN, better and higher quality screen with much higher NITs than any on the market,
    Larger screen, OIS on both cameras, better front facing camera, DEX, 6GB of memory, no history of bootloop issues like LG has had on most of their phones, etc.

Sorry, but just because you like the V30, doesn't make it better. I've owned multiple V phones, and they were a step down from Samsungs.
    Jona005 and Oscar Maradiaga like this.
    09-03-2017 12:47 PM
    Sorry, the V30 can't hold a candle to the Note 8.

SPEN, better and higher quality screen with much higher NITs than any on the market,
    Larger screen, OIS on both cameras, better front facing camera, DEX, 6GB of memory, no history of bootloop issues like LG has had on most of their phones, etc.

Sorry, but just because you like the V30, doesn't make it better. I've owned multiple V phones, and they were a step down from Samsungs.
    Yawn... "bootloop issues on most of it's phones". That's a bit like saying Samsung had issues with exploding batteries on most if it's phones. There were only 2 affected phones (3 if you include the Nexus 5x that was caused by completely different problem) and they were over 2 generations ago
    09-03-2017 01:20 PM
    Yawn... "bootloop issues on most of it's phones". That's a bit like saying Samsung had issues with exploding batteries on most if it's phones. There were only 2 affected phones (3 if you include the Nexus 5x that was caused by completely different problem) and they were over 2 generations ago
    G4 & G5?
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-03-2017 01:57 PM
    Yes, on 5 phones of LG's. G4, 5X, V10 and V20, G5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_sma...ootloop_issues

And that is why there is a class action lawsuit because of it. Sorry that you don't like the facts.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...us-5x-devices/

G5, V20, and Nexus 5X phones added to LG bootloop defect class action
    09-03-2017 02:13 PM
    Mint G4 available for Free. I'll leave it on the front porch. Sop by!

Anyone get Note 8 just to kill time till the real king arrives, LG V30!-20170903_151909.jpg

Anyone get Note 8 just to kill time till the real king arrives, LG V30!-20170903_151942.jpg
    09-03-2017 02:27 PM
    G5 and V20 were maybe added but there was no widespread bootloop issues with them. I'm not fussed either way tbh, I've no bias toward any manufacturer. Just getting bored of the same old diatribe being commented about phones generation's ago
    09-03-2017 02:29 PM
    G4 & G5?
    G4 & V10
    09-03-2017 02:46 PM
    Yes, on 5 phones of LG's. G4, 5X, V10 and V20, G5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_sma...ootloop_issues

And that is why there is a class action lawsuit because of it. Sorry that you don't like the facts.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...us-5x-devices/

G5, V20, and Nexus 5X phones added to LG bootloop defect class action
    5X is a totally unrelated issue, not the same thing. Being added to the lawsuit doesn't change that fact, it just means people are stupid. That information is publicly available, but also would be easy to assume based on the 5X and the Nexus 6P having the exact same issue, despite different manufacturers and different processors, etc. The issue with the 5X is a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Haven't heard anything about the V20 having this issue, even our anecdotal tales from within the forums are talking about random reboots or shutdowns, not bootloops. Even in the complaint, the one person with a V20 experienced a random shutdown and was unable to restart it, received a replacement the next day and has been fine ever since. They did not have the issue, but a separate one.

If you read through the complaints, it is painfully obvious that the attorneys have NO idea what the issue is or what they're talking about. Their data as filed does suggest there was a massive issue with the LG G4. Their data does NOT suggest any corresponding issue with any other devices.

Now we know the G4 had an issue and what the issue was, and based on widespread complaints we assumed the V10 and G5 had the same issue. But those complaints have been almost entirely absent for the V20, G6, etc. When the other person said 2 devices, I asked which, because I thought there were 3. So we can cross the 5X off, that's wholly unrelated. I'd recommend we cross the V20 off until there is some sort of evidence suggesting that someone has had a bootloop with it and that it's a widespread issue.
    09-03-2017 02:51 PM
    What a silly, but fun thread. I shall partake!

First of... a ... no. AAMOF H*ll No! There's no comparison. The Note 8 has an S Pen. So yep. Game over already!

The defining feature that puts the Note 8 in its own class & throws shade on anything else that even attenpts to use a pen (and the LG30 doesn't even have one) alone puts in a special category of it's own.

Why would I replace it with something else (and as fine a phone as the LG30 may be) that can't do the whole job. I want the S Pen capabilities & features that no other phone has. I already have hi-fi capabilities just about everywhere else (including my car). And not that I wouldn't enjoy those features on the LG, but I actually do use my phone for work and to be able to take notes on screen while locked....priceless! And that's just one of the many features within the Note series that I enjoy. To each his own I guess.

So no. I won't be trading down to the LG30. The Note 8's the beast! You're just being silly to bring this here, but it's been fun. Thank you.

P.S. And despite what many on youtube are saying I agree with this guy:

"The ultimate decision will come down to you, but only one device checks off every imaginable checklist you’d want from a smartphone, and that’s the Galaxy Note 8."

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/0...spec-shootout/
    09-03-2017 03:43 PM
    "The ultimate decision will come down to you, but only one device checks off every imaginable checklist you’d want from a smartphone, and that’s the Galaxy Note 8."
    No device comes anywhere close to checking off all the boxes, especially not the Note 8. Can't agree with that guy.

The Note 8 lacks:

128 GB Storage option
    Non-Glass back (want better build materials)
    Flat display
    Industry leading software
    Proper support for updates
    Proper support for security
    Proper support for recent Android features (A/B updates as an example)
    Acceptable privacy policies for personal use
    Industry leading resource management
    Dual front facing stereo speakers
    Industry leading camera
    Support for USB 3.0 or better
    Support for USB Power Delivery Spec
    Amazing audio (that is available from competition)
    Lack of a Bixby button and proper facing of Assistant
    OS level color management
    Minimal bloatware

So if any of those 17 things are super important to you, then the Note is missing something - but those 17 things are boxes that are definitely not being checked.

On the other hand, what it does have:

A great processor
    A lot of RAM
    64 GB storage instead of 32, progress is progress
    Great battery life
    A great display
    A great camera
    Decent on-board headphone and BT audio
    USB Type C charger with better than minimum requirement charging
    Wireless Charging
    S-Pen
    Comes with some cool toys as free gifts

Those 11 things are going to make it one of the best devices, if not the best device available, for a whole truckload of people.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2017 04:13 PM
    Nope. Never buying any LG appliance/phone whatever again after my experience with their TV and home theatre.
    JawjaBill and Jona005 like this.
    09-03-2017 04:15 PM
    Nope. Never buying any LG appliance/phone whatever again after my experience with their TV and home theatre.
    What happened with their TVs?
    09-03-2017 04:20 PM
    What happened with their TVs?
    Bought a new tv some 6yrs ago. Screen died after 6mths. They replaced the screen & attached motherboards - took 2 months! Repair place said it would have cost LG LESS just to have given me a new tv, because of their labour costs to repair. Bought a home theatre system a month after tv. It began malfunctioning 13 months later - unplayable. After 3 months of argument LG finally agreed to pay to have it fixed - 4 months to fix in total - took 2 attempts! Same again - would have been cheaper for LG to replace with new!
    09-03-2017 04:28 PM
    Bought a new tv some 6yrs ago. Screen died after 6mths. They replaced the screen & attached motherboards - took 2 months! Repair place said it would have cost LG LESS just to have given me a new tv, because of their labour costs to repair. Bought a home theatre system a month after tv. It began malfunctioning 13 months later - unplayable. After 3 months of argument LG finally agreed to pay to have it fixed - 4 months to fix in total - took 2 attempts! Same again - would have been cheaper for LG to replace with new!
    Ouch that sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
    09-03-2017 04:29 PM
302 ... 7891011 ...