Scratched screen already - use a screen protector

anon(8090067)

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine has 4 small dings in the glass!

I am VERY carefull with it too!

Not happy about this - I have not put a protector on it due to the curve and hearing even the good ones can come off

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend a protector because besides seemingly easy to scratch the oleophobic coating seems to be weak and reports of wearing with only a month old.

You can see in Erica's video at around the 3 minute mark she mentions wear. Also besides referencing two other reviewers, Alex Dobie at AC in his video mentioned the coating wearing on his Note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qfkP36fCFI&t=341s

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I havn't used a screen protector on any curved screen since the S6 edge. But I am going to try this liquid nanotechnology screen protector.

Liquid Glass Screen Protector - Easy to Install and Crystal Clear - [9H Hardness] and Scratch Resistant [Drop Protection] - Retail Packaging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072L5RSS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6022609
Let us know how that works. I've been thinking about the liquid ones myself. I personally just want the scratch protection. Also, does anyone have experience with liquid protectors, can it be removed? Thanks

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how that works. I've been thinking about the liquid ones myself. I personally just want the scratch protection. Also, does anyone have experience with liquid protectors, can it be removed? Thanks
Was just delivered today, when I get home I will apply and update you all in about a week or two.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just applied the liquid nanotechnology protection on 3 phones, will update in a couple weeks. Can't really tell that anything is on there
d9befde040e2555031ba4444da223f6d.jpg

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Nice. What case is on your note8?
It's called YouMaker, I like it because it's a heavy duty military grade case but it doesn't seem to add too much bulk. It's a good price because it's been on sale for about 2 weeks. Here's a link.

Galaxy Note 8 Case, YOUMAKER Full Body Heavy Duty Protection Shockproof Slim Fit Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Release) WITHOUT Built-in Screen Protector (Blue/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751ZYG6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6023310

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
No screen protector here and not going to use one, they ruin the feeling of the screen especially when using the spen. I am pretty rough on my phone and have no scratches, I do have a really good case with a lot of raised lip protection for drops though

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
In addition to a Zagg screen protector, that I love, I use a holster with my Spigen NeoHybrid case. The screen faces inward in the holster against a soft fabric material. I would guess that even without a screen protector, the phone would be better protected from scratches than in a pocket. I may look like a nerd with the holster, but I don't care.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It's called YouMaker, I like it because it's a heavy duty military grade case but it doesn't seem to add too much bulk. It's a good price because it's been on sale for about 2 weeks. Here's a link.

Galaxy Note 8 Case, YOUMAKER Full Body Heavy Duty Protection Shockproof Slim Fit Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Release) WITHOUT Built-in Screen Protector (Blue/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751ZYG6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6024872

Saw this earlier and told myself I would come back to it but forgot. Lol. Sorry. Thanks so much. I think I'm going to try it. Really like that blue:)

Edit: I might get the red also lol

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I used to have screen protectors on my phones when there were relatively cheap but nice looking options available. That way, if I got a scratch I could swap it out.

However, the better protectors for the Note 8 are $40-$50. At that price, if I got a small scratch I'd just leave it on -and at that point if I'm going to live with a scratch what difference does it make whether its on the phone or the protector? Also, I saw the video on how to apply the Whitestone protector and it's ridiculous how many steps there are to get it on. Curing it twice with a UV lamp? Really?

There are cheaper protectors, but those I've seen have mixed reviews at best and people complain about them popping off, peeling, not compatible with cases, not compatible with the S pen etc. My solution was that I bought the Samsung flip view cover to give *some* protection from scratches caused by friction on a table etc--and a Geek Squad warranty.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 8 plus and Note 8. Both no screen protector.... yet my Note 8 is the only one out of the 2 with scratches on the screen. ??? Dang it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Looks like they've sold out it's called metallic Gray or charcoal or something like that.

Thanks. Hmm none of the colors say sold out when I just looked. But im going for the blue anyways. Red one later if I do like the case when I get the blue. Case looks really nice. The front part of the case snaps over the front and looks like it shouldn't interfere with my screen protector right?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Hmm none of the colors say sold out when I just looked. But im going for the blue anyways. Red one later if I do like the case when I get the blue. Case looks really nice. The front part of the case snaps over the front and looks like it shouldn't interfere with my screen protector right?
Yeah its not even an option anymore for the color choices. It is a solid build of a case. Very easy to hold. I don't see where it would effect your screen protector because it should actually go right on top of it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah its not even an option anymore for the color choices. It is a solid build of a case. Very easy to hold. I don't see where it would effect your screen protector because it should actually go right on top of it.

Oh ok. That red tho looks bright. But you know pics can make it look different than it actually is in person. I'm definitely bout to by the blue now. Ebay selling for like $25. Lol. How long did it take for yours to arrive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress