Note 9 SD card sideloads /firmware how to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU for getting back to me. I can't tell you the model number because I can't get into the OS. I've been trying to find it online.

I've used Odin 3.13.1 3B Patched, 3.13.1, and 3.14.1. All of them fail.
Is it SM-960U OR SM-N960U1 ?
go to sammobile and get the latest firmware , probably you loading a firmware that's older then what you have on it now .
Download mode can give what build number on it .
Your welcome!

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it SM-960U OR SM-N960U1 ?
go to sammobile and get the latest firmware , probably you loading a firmware that's older then what you have on it now .
Download mode can give what build number on it .
Your welcome!

So, I'm pretty sure it's the SM-960U. It's the AT&T locked Note 9 128GB.

I tried downloading the firmware from sammobile, but it looks like they won't let me download it with a free account. I couldn't find a link; only links to upgrade to premium.

Sorry; I'm probably not thinking very clearly right now. I'm in full on panic mode trying to get my phone back in order.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm pretty sure it's the SM-960U. It's the AT&T locked Note 9 128GB.

I tried downloading the firmware from sammobile, but it looks like they won't let me download it with a free account. I couldn't find a link; only links to upgrade to premium.

Sorry; I'm probably not thinking very clearly right now. I'm in full on panic mode trying to get my phone back in order.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the build number. I can't get that. Whenever I do the button combination to get into download mode, it takes me back to that same message: "An error occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC Software."

Like I said, Odin sees it, so it must be able to receive files, but it doesn't display any kind of information. While looking around online, I saw that this used to be used with a special mode in Smart Switch for initializing the device, but they removed that from Smart Switch.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you take screenshot of what slots you using in Odin?
3.13 is good for this install

Thanks. So, I had another idea. I downloaded the file that you mentioned earlier in the thread; I think it's the September patch. I'm transferring it to another computer now and am going to try that.

The first time that I tied this, I used all the slots in Odin except for USERDATA, because a youtube video I saw showed the guy not using that one. After that, I've always filled all the slots. Again, the first few times I tried, I used the HOME_CSC, and other times I just used the CSC. (So, I'm not even sure if my data is still on there...I'd LOVE for it to be there, just for the sake of not having to set everything back up.)

I'll try to send a screenshot when I try this next time, if you need it.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope. The file posted at the first link in post 74 of this very forum. Trying again with the USERDATA box filled. (What is that one, anyway?) I know that the others are bootloader, network, etc., but I don't know what that one is.

Failed again at the exact same step. I think it's always the same: system.img.ext4.

Do I need to format this thing, or something? Maybe the file structure is messed up? (My IT experience is coming out now.)

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you snap a picture in download mode very top what build number you have ?

So, that's one of the crappy parts. I can't get into the regular download mode. When I do the correct key combination, (Vol down + Bixby + power), it gives me the regular prompt, volume up to continue, volume down to cancel, and when I hit volume up to continue, it just goes back to that "An error has occurred..." message. I can't seem to get to the regular download mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez