Optimize Battery Usage?

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
If you go to settings | battery and tap the more option there is an option Optimize Battery Usage. Says Turn on Optimize battery usage for individual apps. Some functions such as those that use mobile networks or sync data, will be restricted to save battery power.

Has anybody used this, does it do anything?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have, had it on the S6 Edge + as well. It watches and any app you have not used in 3 days is "optimized" I suspect it just does not use CPU or data. If you press the icon for an optimized app it will launch and work normally (so things like you SMS app and email, will never hit the 3 days).

Safe to turn on. It does not save much, but every bit helps

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Those are apps you shouldn't optimize... If you click on the little gray arrow you will see all your apps

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 edge

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Good post. I just found this function. On my S7 Edge, when I go to all apps, they already are turned on (by default?). I guess this allows you to NOT optimize? (don't know why you'd do that, but there are probably reasons).

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
If you like getting notifications right away especially for things like Gmail you would be best to Un optimize those apps

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress