03-31-2018 01:34 AM
87 1234
tools
    Now on my third S7Edge. The two previous ones developed this fault around 3-4 months old.
    Purple line running down from the left hand edge of the battery state indicator to bottom of screen.
    Like other users, phone has never been dropped- even though it is in a Otter Box case.
    The last one started strobing the bottom half of the screen like a torch whilst in Screen saver mode, the day before it developed the purple line.
    Used to be able to stop the first one doing a purple line by pressing the screen over the 'G' of Samgsung.
    Cannot do that with the second one. The line is there permanently.
    Samsung appear to have a serious problem with these displays with the way the screen connector mates with the mother board!
    10-03-2016 06:14 AM
    I have the exact same issue, pressing the 'G' of samsung causes it to show/hide the purple lines but 95% of the time the lines are there.

I went to CarphoneWarehouse to ask for support and they suggested it needed a new screen and I should visit a Samsung Support Centre. So I did and they advised me there was a national shortage of screens and they were unable to repair it. They said my only option was to phone customer services and see if they could offer a replacement handset.

I phoned customer service and an unhelpful agent suggested I had to send it for repair despite acknowledging there was a national shortage of parts. He told me if they couldn't find a part after a period of time it would be escalated to an alternative resolution (presumably a replacement handset).

I refused to send my phone off for a unknown timescale but was told this was the only option I have.

This £640 handset is just 4 months old. I really don't think this is acceptable customer service and I should be offered a refund or replacement. Frankly I'd take the refund as this has been the worst phone I've owned and the most expensive. On top of the screen issue it regularly burns the entire battery life in a couple of hours (Media Server service) and regularly refuses to charge wirelessly. Yesterday it decided to phone a random number after I'd left it alone to make a brew.

I wonder if the national shortage of parts is due to how many people are returning phones for repair or if it's because they're frantically putting all their efforts into fixing the nortorious Note 7 issues!

If this were a USED car, I'd have 6 months reject it. Samsung think it's perfectly acceptable to sell poor quality kit and expect customers to deal with the inconvenience. In case you were in any doubt, I'm pretty annoyed.
    10-10-2016 01:04 PM
    I had this on a S6edge and an s7edge - it's a defect, take it back.

On all of mine that were problematic, you could easily replicate the issue by applying light pressure to the SAMSUNG logo at the top of the screen, a purple or green line would flicker up and down the length of it. In my case, the phones were brand new.
    10-10-2016 03:44 PM
    I had mine repaired after sending it to Samsung twice. I think they were about to send it back the second time without repairing it but I phoned and said I will send them pictures as my line came and went they claimed they didn't observe any fault
    10-11-2016 11:34 AM
    Another victim... It goes away if you apply light pressure just under the UNG below the speaker.

Attachment 223956Attachment 223957Attachment 223958
    I have the exact same problem same place.
    10-26-2016 01:41 PM
    Have you tried this, it was in another thread somewhere on this forum

Go to phone and dial *#0*# it opens a test interface. Click between red green and blue until the line goes away.
    10-26-2016 02:54 PM
    I have T-Mobile S7 Edge since March 1st without any problems whatsoever...However, while at work tonight, I had a Vertical Purple Line appear on my screen out of nowhere. I have a UAG case on my phone and haven't dropped it or anything. I was pissed off, to be honest. After about 4 hours when I got off work, I got in my car and turned on the phone, it was gone. Has anyone else experienced this?
    11-01-2016 04:31 PM
    Yes I have the pink line on my phone it's a Galaxy S7 Edge active the waterproof phone I turned my phone off and back on after a few minutes but it is still there
    11-01-2016 04:32 PM
    Yes I have the pink line on my phone it's a Galaxy S7 Edge active the waterproof phone I turned my phone off and back on after a few minutes but it is still there
    You will need to contact Samsung for a Warranty Replacement
    11-01-2016 10:08 PM
    Well my 3rd replacement now has the same pinkish line on the right side the first two did.
    Sending it in for repair this time.
    One last chance.
    The tech said they know what is causing this issue and they can fix it.
    11-02-2016 12:49 PM
    My pink vertical line got worse, so I brought the phone back to an AT&T service center. They gave me a replacement (refurbished) under the one year warranty.
    (The tech told me that they have had many returns due to this issue.)
    11-02-2016 09:32 PM
    Well my 3rd replacement now has the same pinkish line on the right side the first two did.
    Sending it in for repair this time.
    One last chance.
    The tech said they know what is causing this issue and they can fix it.
    Just been informed Samdung won't be fixing my phone until the 18th. WTF! Two day shipping to get there and sit for a week. Replaced twice and no loaner program. Now sent in just to sit a week!1
    May be my first and last Samsung. I may also dump Verizon. Never had issues like this from USCC. I'm stuck using an old BlackBerry Z10. Ack!!??

Waiting for my S7E & using a tired BlackBerry Z10

Update: Got the phone back. Tech says the solder point at the top is to close to the screen. It's breaks. Known issue. Getting a refurbished unit does not guarantee a fix. Only sending it in does.
    I shall how well the fix sticks.
    11-08-2016 09:00 AM
    I have T-Mobile S7 Edge since March 1st without any problems whatsoever...However, while at work tonight, I had a Vertical Purple Line appear on my screen out of nowhere. I have a UAG case on my phone and haven't dropped it or anything. I was pissed off, to be honest. After about 4 hours when I got off work, I got in my car and turned on the phone, it was gone. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have had this same problem it goes away and comes back then repeats... what did u do to fix this issue??... we r both still on warranty.. so should we just call samsung and have them fix it or what?
    11-09-2016 07:11 AM
    I have had this same problem it goes away and comes back then repeats... what did u do to fix this issue??... we r both still on warranty.. so should we just call samsung and have them fix it or what?
    Have you tried this, it was in another thread similar to this one

Go to phone and dial *#0*# it opens a test interface. Click between red green and blue until the line goes away.
    11-09-2016 03:31 PM
    11-27-2016 06:49 AM
    I have replaced THREE SCREENS (2 for free frou U Break It I Fix it) before they advused it was caused by defective adhesives. They now have edge screens with improved adhesives. Fourth & hopefully last replacement this week. Push down at top of line and it goes away.
    11-27-2016 06:54 AM
    Soo guys..my phone had gone for warranty...for screen replacement as I had a defective display...I also complained that battery life was bad...so the engineer replaced the battery with a new one...just to inform that when screen is replaced it comes with new metal frame and new home button...I am happy phone is brand new again...And now becoz of new battery ...battery life is good again...though I haven't installed many apps yet...been 1 day 5 hrs on battery with 40% left...sot 3 hrs

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2016 01:58 PM
    Soo guys..my phone had gone for warranty...for screen replacement as I had a defective display...I also complained that battery life was bad...so the engineer replaced the battery with a new one...just to inform that when screen is replaced it comes with new metal frame and new home button...I am happy phone is brand new again...And now becoz of new battery ...battery life is good again...though I haven't installed many apps yet...been 1 day 5 hrs on battery with 40% left...sot 3 hrs

Posted via the Android Central App
    Escuse me Sir, How can I send it to warranty? I have a G935F and live in Argentina but will be travelling soon to the US,Who should I contact for it to be repaired under warranty?Regards
    12-03-2016 02:00 PM
    Escuse me Sir, How can I send it to warranty? I have a G935F and live in Argentina but will be travelling soon to the US,Who should I contact for it to be repaired under warranty?Regards
    12-03-2016 02:01 PM
    12-04-2016 06:01 AM
    I have a biger line like more in the middle of the phone is the same purple one...**** im very disappointed 😟
    12-04-2016 06:05 AM
    I've had this issue on 2 No. S7 Edge, both identical issues with a vertical pink line down the screen. Both phones had never been dropped and the line appears/disappears in the same place, as you press on the G of Samsung at the top of the device. About to send back for a 3rd phone from Samsung under warranty, each time it was about 3 to 4 months after receiving the device. Asked Samsung UK if this was a known common fault, the service representative claimed it wasn't I must just be unlucky......
    12-14-2016 10:43 AM
    I've had this issue on 2 No. S7 Edge, both identical issues with a vertical pink line down the screen. Both phones had never been dropped and the line appears/disappears in the same place, as you press on the G of Samsung at the top of the device. About to send back for a 3rd phone from Samsung under warranty, each time it was about 3 to 4 months after receiving the device. Asked Samsung UK if this was a known common fault, the service representative claimed it wasn't I must just be unlucky......
    It's a known issue. I am on AT&T and returned my 7 month old phone to their service center to exchange for refurbished one. Tech told me that this is definitely a know issue and that they have had lots of returns.
    12-15-2016 04:13 AM
    It worked!!! Thanks dude!
    01-05-2017 04:56 PM
    01-25-2017 09:11 AM
87 1234