Vertical Purple Line on Screen

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a pink line in the exact same space (actually there seems to be 2 or 3), and same as you they disappear when i press on the Samsung logo on top. What did you do to get it fixed ? Did the warranty work ? or did they just use the excuse "you made it fall" and so warranty doesn't apply ?

Actually I am quite intrigued that pink lines seam to appear in the near exact same position for everybody !

Domenic Zenobi

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have T-Mobile S7 Edge since March 1st without any problems whatsoever...However, while at work tonight, I had a Vertical Purple Line appear on my screen out of nowhere. I have a UAG case on my phone and haven't dropped it or anything. I was pissed off, to be honest. After about 4 hours when I got off work, I got in my car and turned on the phone, it was gone. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have ur exact problem the same spot too it came out of no where im glad to hear im not the only one with this problem how did u get it fixed to warrenty cover it?

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have ur exact problem the same spot too it came out of no where im glad to hear im not the only one with this problem how did u get it fixed to warrenty cover it?

I contacted Samsung and they did a Warranty Repair. It took about 8 days or so to send it in, get it repaired and sent back. Ever since I got it back, I haven't had any issues at all. If I were you, I would go the Warranty Repair Route

Glitch101

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN! After years of being a loyal Samsung customer (Galaxy mobile phones, TV's, and of late smart watches) it is with regret that I will NEVER buy, let alone recommend anyone to purchase their products. I purchased a galaxy gear 2 (Smart watch) within weeks, not months had to send it in for repair due to a defective LCD, sent away by my retailer and had the screen replaced - all good but a massive inconvenience. Now comes the icing on the cake - weeks later my 4 month old galaxy S7 edge had a purple vertical line running down the right hand side of the screen. I took the phone to the Samsung store in Parramatta and store attendant acknowledged the fault even taking a photo of it with his device and gave me job number 4219827526 and said the phone will be retunes within 3 days or the technician will call me to discuss the cost of replacing it if it wasn't a manufacturing fault.

1. Phone was not retuned after a week or any customer contact made so I had to chase it up
2. No call or resolution was made nor given
3. Phone was sent back stating "no fault found". When the store attended turned my phone on he was shocked to see the purple line clearly still on display.

I've since rung Samsung's overseas call center numerous times, only to be told a case manager will call you back within 24 hours (to which no one every does), placed on hold for 30 minutes to then have the line conviently drop out (happened twice) and finally told that a representative from Samsung Australia (Luke apparently) will call me - which of course hasn't. So after nearly a month of me having to chase, chase, chase with no resolution or no one more avenues for customer assistance I guess I have to suck it up and use a brand new FAULTY $1100 phone.

AFTER NEARLY A DECADE OF LOYALTY TO SAMSUNG I GUESS I WILL RETURN TO THE IPHONE AS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER RETENTION ARE FAR SUPERIOR AND MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT OF SAMSUNG.

Check out the link below. People with the same issue and this seems to be an ongoing fault if you google vertical purple line Samsung TV, GALAXY, GEAR. So i urge anyone reading this DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS, IF YOU HAVE A GENUINE FAULT DEVICE YOU'LL BE GIVEN THE RUN AROUND UNTIL YOU JUST GIVE UP.

*http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...463-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-screen-issues.html

wonneil

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Can someone who is experiencing this try sliding a mirror around the front screen(without actually touching it of course). I know on CRT screens this same scenario would happen if it were not for auto degaussing on TV's. Magnet is essentially degaussing. So... I was wondering maybe a magnetic backing is causing this?

Not sure what you mean exactly using a mirror but I am experiencing this and have a magnet on the back of my case which is used on my phone, could be coincidence but maybe you're on to something?
Anyone else using a magnetic case or holder with their phone?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean exactly using a mirror but I am experiencing this and have a magnet on the back of my case which is used on my phone, could be coincidence but maybe you're on to something?
Anyone else using a magnetic case or holder with their phone?

I have the purple/pink line that comes and goes depending upon pressure around the G of Samsung. I do not have any magnetic case whatsoever.

I have a temporary fix by dialing *#0*#, and then tapping RED. The entire screen goes red and I leave it there for 4 or 5 minutes. After I exit this screen the purple line has disappeared from my screen, but it unfortunately reappears from anywhere from an hour to a few days. I have then repeated this procedure a few times.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Sounds to me as if there is a calibration problem within the screen hardware. Maybe just pixels getting stuck?

Scuzzbo

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Now on my third S7Edge. The two previous ones developed this fault around 3-4 months old.
Purple line running down from the left hand edge of the battery state indicator to bottom of screen.
Like other users, phone has never been dropped- even though it is in a Otter Box case.
The last one started strobing the bottom half of the screen like a torch whilst in Screen saver mode, the day before it developed the purple line.
Used to be able to stop the first one doing a purple line by pressing the screen over the 'G' of Samgsung.
Cannot do that with the second one. The line is there permanently.
Samsung appear to have a serious problem with these displays with the way the screen connector mates with the mother board!

stemaw

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same issue, pressing the 'G' of samsung causes it to show/hide the purple lines but 95% of the time the lines are there.

I went to CarphoneWarehouse to ask for support and they suggested it needed a new screen and I should visit a Samsung Support Centre. So I did and they advised me there was a national shortage of screens and they were unable to repair it. They said my only option was to phone customer services and see if they could offer a replacement handset.

I phoned customer service and an unhelpful agent suggested I had to send it for repair despite acknowledging there was a national shortage of parts. He told me if they couldn't find a part after a period of time it would be escalated to an alternative resolution (presumably a replacement handset).

I refused to send my phone off for a unknown timescale but was told this was the only option I have.

This £640 handset is just 4 months old. I really don't think this is acceptable customer service and I should be offered a refund or replacement. Frankly I'd take the refund as this has been the worst phone I've owned and the most expensive. On top of the screen issue it regularly burns the entire battery life in a couple of hours (Media Server service) and regularly refuses to charge wirelessly. Yesterday it decided to phone a random number after I'd left it alone to make a brew.

I wonder if the national shortage of parts is due to how many people are returning phones for repair or if it's because they're frantically putting all their efforts into fixing the nortorious Note 7 issues!

If this were a USED car, I'd have 6 months reject it. Samsung think it's perfectly acceptable to sell poor quality kit and expect customers to deal with the inconvenience. In case you were in any doubt, I'm pretty annoyed.

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I had this on a S6edge and an s7edge - it's a defect, take it back.

On all of mine that were problematic, you could easily replicate the issue by applying light pressure to the SAMSUNG logo at the top of the screen, a purple or green line would flicker up and down the length of it. In my case, the phones were brand new.

dk12345

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I had mine repaired after sending it to Samsung twice. I think they were about to send it back the second time without repairing it but I phoned and said I will send them pictures as my line came and went they claimed they didn't observe any fault

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried this, it was in another thread somewhere on this forum

Go to phone and dial *#0*# it opens a test interface. Click between red green and blue until the line goes away.

Masseyclan

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I have T-Mobile S7 Edge since March 1st without any problems whatsoever...However, while at work tonight, I had a Vertical Purple Line appear on my screen out of nowhere. I have a UAG case on my phone and haven't dropped it or anything. I was pissed off, to be honest. After about 4 hours when I got off work, I got in my car and turned on the phone, it was gone. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes I have the pink line on my phone it's a Galaxy S7 Edge active the waterproof phone I turned my phone off and back on after a few minutes but it is still there

Last edited by a moderator:

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Well my 3rd replacement now has the same pinkish line on the right side the first two did.
Sending it in for repair this time.
One last chance.
The tech said they know what is causing this issue and they can fix it.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My pink vertical line got worse, so I brought the phone back to an AT&T service center. They gave me a replacement (refurbished) under the one year warranty.
(The tech told me that they have had many returns due to this issue.)

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Well my 3rd replacement now has the same pinkish line on the right side the first two did.
Sending it in for repair this time.
One last chance.
The tech said they know what is causing this issue and they can fix it.

Just been informed Samdung won't be fixing my phone until the 18th. WTF! Two day shipping to get there and sit for a week. Replaced twice and no loaner program. Now sent in just to sit a week!1
May be my first and last Samsung. I may also dump Verizon. Never had issues like this from USCC. I'm stuck using an old BlackBerry Z10. Ack!!??

Waiting for my S7E & using a tired BlackBerry Z10

Update: Got the phone back. Tech says the solder point at the top is to close to the screen. It's breaks. Known issue. Getting a refurbished unit does not guarantee a fix. Only sending it in does.
I shall how well the fix sticks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez