Vertical Purple Line on Screen

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have T-Mobile S7 Edge since March 1st without any problems whatsoever...However, while at work tonight, I had a Vertical Purple Line appear on my screen out of nowhere. I have a UAG case on my phone and haven't dropped it or anything. I was pissed off, to be honest. After about 4 hours when I got off work, I got in my car and turned on the phone, it was gone. Has anyone else experienced this?

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess, I will have to call Samsung because this problem keeps occurring. It will go away for awhile and them reoccur. Sucks because outside of this issue, the phone has been flawless

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I dropped and major cracked my E 7 and a thin gray-green vertical line from the top
crack to the bottom appeared. I used phone for 10 days before sending to Samsung for repair.
For one of those days the line had a weird red thinner line within itself at about the same place as yours.
I think we have a pic on wife's phone.

Tanya02

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
im almost sure the line is caused by that "SD_Black" theme you downloaded, because I downloaded the same theme and I have a thin green line down the left hand side on my s7 screen, even after I deleted the theme.

have you tried doing a factory reset on your phone?

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
That's a defected screen..better claim warranty soon

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually just received my S7 edge in the mail yesterday after sending it in for warranty repair. Samsung replaced the screen. It took about a week and a half to send it in and get it back. I had to order a Blu Studio Energy 2 to use while I sent the phone in (Best Battery Life that I have ever seen on a phone and only $130 on Amazon) I would definitely contact Samsung. Feels great to have a flawless screen again

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This was the exact problem I had. Contact Samsung. Free Screen Replacement. You will just have to send it in and wait for about a week and a half for it to get back

Suhail Mandlik

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Because I used to apply pressure on my s6 edge while playing FIFA 16 there have been multiple purple lines on my screen. When I approached the vendor they refused to give the warranty because they think it's due to drop down physical damage.. Can anybody advise any alternate solution to claim warranty.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Same pink line now coming on my s7 edge which is around 2 months old..will claim warranty and replace it...

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

DRepke

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S7 Edge started showing this vertical line about a weeks ago, only it's pink, not purple. Furthermore, it was initially a single line although now it's usually a "double" pink line with one line thicker than the other. I've included a screenshot.

This line also started appearing out of nowhere. My S7 Edge has also been working flawlessly for the past few months or so and it's never been dropped. All-of-a-sudden, the line was just there. I don't remember exactly when it first appeared but it is pretty annoying.

I talked to Samsung support a few days ago. The tech, of course did not believe it was a screen defect and had me try several things, none-of-which helped any, of course. He recommended that, since I have insurance with Verizon, I try Verizon first since the replacement would be a lot faster and more efficient. I'll probably check with Verizon but tend to think I'll be better off having it repaired under warranty from Samsung (although I don't particularly like the two-week wait). I have to check my Verizon insurance but, if I remember correctly, it's not a totally free replacement. The Samsung Tech is supposed to call me back in a few days.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? I'm also curious as to whether or not a screen replacement would require a factory reset of the S7? Thank you.

UPDATE: After previewing my reply before posting it, I just realized that the screenshot I uploaded does NOT show the vertical pink line(s). I thought it was there when I first created the screenshot. But it's definitely not there now. I'll upload another screenshot later if I can get one that shows the pink line(s). Sorry about that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160703-140242.jpg
    Screenshot_20160703-140242.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

DRepke

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I was able to take a photo of my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge showing the pink vertical line(s) that did not appear in the screenshot I submitted earlier. Note that this line appears on every screen in every program I run except that it does not appear on the "always on" blank screen.

Attachments

• WP_20160703_006.jpg
    WP_20160703_006.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 114

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue..i gave it to Samsung care for screen replacement...under warranty...its defective display...
I was able to take a photo of my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge showing the pink vertical line(s) that did not appear in the screenshot I submitted earlier. Note that this line appears on every screen in every program I run except that it does not appear on the "always on" blank screen.

Loganhocking

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I sent mine back to samsung for same issue last week even though my service provider Vmobile wanted £268 to fix it..
should be delivered back today.
hope its all sorted
just had my phone back from Samsung, phone replaced. chuffed

Last edited:

just0

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
So I currently have this issue, in fact out of my friends who all have either the S6 or the S6 edge, 4 out of 6 ppl have it. So we have all sent them for repairs.

It started off as a single faint line, which would disappear when I would turn off the phone and wait 5 mins, then turn it on again. Then it became permanent. Not sure what to do, I contacted Samsung and they referred me to the repair center. I brought it in and they stated they see this issue all the time and that they could fix it, I was just missing my proof of purchase. So i'm looking for it now, but in the mean time the lines have steadily increased to 5-6. It appears to only be lines as it does not affect the touch input or the device itself. I've never dropped it and there is no water damage. It's just disappointing, as they on the phone they say they've never heard of this issue, but then when you go in person they say they see it all the time, as well as if you google 'Samsung S6 pink lines' you see it in all of the forums.

Edit: from 3rd party shops they quote $379 CAD to replace the screen

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Soo guys..my phone had gone for warranty...for screen replacement as I had a defective display...I also complained that battery life was bad...so the engineer replaced the battery with a new one...just to inform that when screen is replaced it comes with new metal frame and new home button...I am happy phone is brand new again...And now becoz of new battery ...battery life is good again...though I haven't installed many apps yet...been 1 day 5 hrs on battery with 40% left...sot 3 hrs

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non