Why don't I have the Show Content on lock screen option in settings for my calendar?

kmarkert98

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just had a software update and now I can't see the details of the meeting that I'm getting a notification for. It just says "Content Hidden" or something like that instead of telling me the name of the meeting/appointment. When I go into settings, I only have "Hide content" and "Do not show notifications" for options and I don't want either. I want to see the name of the appointment/meeting on the lock screen. Any ideas??

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's possible some app or account is blocking that content on the lock screen. Go to your security settings and see what's checked as device administrator.

Nov 7, 2022
Visit site
So I figured it out. I had to go through security of the lock screen, not through the calendar settings.

Hi,
found this thread.

and what did you change under the lock screen settings? I am missing that option too,
and went to the security of the lock screen , but don't see anything special there?
played with the few switches, but nothing.

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
found this thread.

and what did you change under the lock screen settings? I am missing that option too,
and went to the security of the lock screen , but don't see anything special there?
played with the few switches, but nothing.

Thank you

Welcome to Android Central! First, do you also have a Galaxy S7, or some other phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, go to Settings>Lock Screen>Notifications ​(and tap the word Notifications, not the toggle switch). Make sure Details is selected, and Hide Content is toggled off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear -- is it only Outlook that isn't showing detailed notifications on the lockscreen, or are there more apps than that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's an app-specific thing, or maybe some minor incompatibility that was introduced by a recent update (either of the system or of the app). Send feedback to the developer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress