Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Sent an email to Samsung and got this reply. BTW I'm from the UK ordered from Samsung directly on the 30th March.

"Thank you for contacting Samsung UK Online Store!

Dispatch should take place on the 19th or 20th of April with delivery within 1-2 work days. Thus the Galaxy S8 will be with you almost a week earlier than its general release. As soon as the order is shipped you will be informed via email.

We remain at your disposal, should further assistance be needed.

Samsung Shop Support Team."

All I can do is wait till I get an email - haven't a clue now if I'm gonna get it this week at all!

Soooooo....Where in the email does getting it between the 21st through the 23rd equal a full week before the 21st, the general release date?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Called again just now. They said nothing wrong with my order but that at any time between now and tomorrow morning I should get the info and ship out and get it by the 20th.

Of course if we don't get it shipped until the 19th we won't get it in time.

You can probably thank Digital River for this since they're the ones that ship it. I probably should have listened and ordered from my carrier instead of them.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Called again just now. They said nothing wrong with my order but that at any time between now and tomorrow morning I should get the info and ship out and get it by the 20th.

You can probably thank Digital River for this since they're the ones that ship it. I probably should have listened and ordered from my carrier instead of them.

I'm on the phone with them now.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

There is no excuse for not giving customers an avenue to track the progress of their orders.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My mom just checked her account and her card was just charged. Still nothing on our end though order shipping wise.

My card was charged last week. Samsung rep over the phone said they would ship today and its on track for 20th delivery. There are no issues she was aware of.

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Just checked my order page and it now says shipped! This is in the UK.
I haven't had an email yet, just checked it by chance.

Hamboningfreddy

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
In the event that the phone does come late, will we get any compensation? Like extended Samsung premium care or something? I feel like there's no way to keep Samsung accountable for something like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod