Inside screen protector and UbreakIfix

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Samsung keeps pointing to them for replacements instead of sending it directly to then for a month. Has anyone gotten an UbreakIfix location to successfully replace the inner screen protector yet?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Samsung keeps pointing to them for replacements instead of sending it directly to then for a month. Has anyone gotten an UbreakIfix location to successfully replace the inner screen protector yet?

God I hope we can do it somewhere local. A man can't live these days without a phone for an entire month. I traded in my S20 Ultra to get this phone.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've posted on this forum several times regarding this issue. Anyway, when I had mine replaced almost 3 months ago, none of the Chicago area Ubreak stores would do it. Therefore, I sent it in and it was a bad experience that I hope not to replicate. Of course, that was just the Chicago area and that may have changed since I had mine done.

If you do send yours in take pictures and be prepared to go without a phone for while (I had traded in all my recent phones so I was stuck on a Droid Maxx for 3 weeks! The phone still works great, but nothing is supported anymore).

only1canknome

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I had to have mine replaced. They sent me to UbreakIfix. It was terrible. They don't know how to do it honestly. They went through 4 of them before scratching the screen. Had to replace basically everything. Took 6 hours

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have. They had mine for 4 days but did a good job

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Yes I just had mine replaced a week or so ago. The screen protector was bubbling along the hinge so I went on the Samsung Members app and they setup a appointment at a local UBIF. They actually replaced the entire housing which was the inside screen, hinge and all metal sides. The only thing they didn't replace was the guts/battery and front display. They told me they don't just replace the screen protector because it's built-into the screen so they replaced all of it. They ordered the parts and they arrived next day around Noon. I got to the store around 1:45pm and they were finished with the repairs by 6pm same day. I thought it was overkill to replace all of that but whatever, hopefully the screen protector holds up until the Fold4 and I'll trade the Fold3 in. They gave me a receipt which I didn't owe anything but if I did it would have been a few bucks short of $700, glad it's still in manufacturers warranty.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes I just had mine replaced a week or so ago. The screen protector was bubbling along the hinge so I went on the Samsung Members app and they setup a appointment at a local UBIF. They actually replaced the entire housing which was the inside screen, hinge and all metal sides. The only thing they didn't replace was the guts/battery and front display. They told me they don't just replace the screen protector because it's built-into the screen so they replaced all of it. They ordered the parts and they arrived next day around Noon. I got to the store around 1:45pm and they were finished with the repairs by 6pm same day. I thought it was overkill to replace all of that but whatever, hopefully the screen protector holds up until the Fold4 and I'll trade the Fold3 in. They gave me a receipt which I didn't owe anything but if I did it would have been a few bucks short of $700, glad it's still in manufacturers warranty.

I'm paying $15 monthly for the Asurion protection plan. I damn well better not have to beg any place to get it fixed. Hoping I won't have issues, but glad to hear you got your phone fixed and the right way.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I'm paying $15 monthly for the Asurion protection plan. I damn well better not have to beg any place to get it fixed. Hoping I won't have issues, but glad to hear you got your phone fixed and the right way.

Your issue is with the inside screen protector also? If so that's covered under the manufacturer 1 year warranty, you don't need a protection plan to get that fixed.

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Lord...listening to these stories is just making it obvious the ridiculousness of the whole thing. Samsung needs to get ahead of this and figure out a way to have the screen protector replaced relatively cheap and FAST. Insane for them to think anything else is acceptable.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
So my Fold³ factory fitted screen protector has failed up the centre on the Fold part.

I'm certainly not letting Samsung have it if they seem to replace the whole screen etc instead of just affixing another stick on tpu screen protector.

I'd rather just try a Whitestone Dome film protector or just use it without one !

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So my Fold³ factory fitted screen protector has failed up the centre on the Fold part.

I'm certainly not letting Samsung have it if they seem to replace the whole screen etc instead of just affixing another stick on tpu screen protector.

I'd rather just try a Whitestone Dome film protector or just use it without one !
Try Dome film should be equivalent or exceed the one thats on there

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Try Dome film should be equivalent or exceed the one thats on there

I've been looking at many sources for the Whitestone Dome film type protector and looking at scores of reviews.

Although I know some poor reviews of the product will be from user fitting error there are far too many to not take notice.

I'm going to have to look at other manufacturers options too.

Heck I may go without using one as I may retire the Fold³ to use at home as a tablet if I end up buying the new Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra.

As ever thank you for your input as it's always appreciated my friend.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been looking at many sources for the Whitestone Dome film type protector and looking at scores of reviews.

Although I know some poor reviews of the product will be from user fitting error there are far too many to not take notice.

Heck I may go without using one as I may retire the Fold³ to use at home as a tablet if I end up buying the new Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra.

Ill do research also on the film , your welcome , be careful using without protection especially with Spen if u decide that way

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Ill do research also on the film , your welcome , be careful using without protection especially with Spen if u decide that way

Thank you for the heads up in regards to the Fold³ sPen.

To be honest even though I have one from the Samsung Starter Pack I've not used it much due to not having it to hand all the time and I'm not keen on the various cases that have a spen silo housed onto them.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Boy these Folds are shedding screen protectors like my mustang sheds rear tire rubber lol. I hope the Z Flip 3's don't follow this trend :eek:

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Bought mine used without inner screen protector (didn't realize it wasn't there) and have no issues. Have had it for three months

P.S. Heavy spen user as well.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

When I sent my phone into the factory, they did not indicate that they replaced the whole screen and they "only" charged me $20 for replacing the screen protector.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
When I sent my phone into the factory, they did not indicate that they replaced the whole screen and they "only" charged me $20 for replacing the screen protector.

I'm just going by various posts I've come across.

The level of work maybe determined by the repair centres !

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Bought mine used without inner screen protector (didn't realize it wasn't there) and have no issues. Have had it for three months

P.S. Heavy spen user as well.

That's comforting to know :)

After looking at replacing the screen protector and the reviews I'm going to proceed without trying to apply one. Good to know the Fold sPen works OK on the display too.

I'm assuming you meaning no marks etc have been left after using the sPen.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Your issue is with the inside screen protector also? If so that's covered under the manufacturer 1 year warranty, you don't need a protection plan to get that fixed.

Sorry, no I don't currently have any issues (knock on wood). I was just saying that I'm paying far too much for this protection plan to have any issues with getting it fixed and properly. I typically NEVER carry phone protection plans. I just haven't needed them. I'm overly protective and my phone trade-ins would be rated as near perfect/new.

I didn't intend to get this phone, but when switching to ATT I wanted the S21U in at least 256GB. They didn't have any and couldn't tell me when they would ever get them. They gave me a huge trade credit for my Verizon locked S20U if I got this phone, so I went for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez