Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

AndreaTexas410

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Agreed but I don't have my old phone unfortunately! And I don't think that Samsung can gear up so fast after the beating they took on this to bring another phone to market any time soon. I think I've decided to go with the S7E because it's newer and different with the thinking that I'll be on board for the Note 8 (or whatever they call it!). I am bummed though.

I'll probably do the same.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
If I were to get a phone to replace the Note 7, I'd probably go with the LG V20. I just don't like the others and for me personally, it has the least amount of compromises when meeting my needs.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I am looking into this...which carriers does it work with? I am on Tmobile and can you still get a brand new one?

Surprised that no one has answered you. The Nexus 6p works on all carriers and also has Wifi calling, along with band 12. You can try searching eBay and B&H Photo for new ones.

I am also surprised that the 6p hasn't been mentioned.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Surprised that no one has answered you. The Nexus 6p works on all carriers and also has Wifi calling, along with band 12. You can try searching eBay and B&H Photo for new ones.

I am also surprised that the 6p hasn't been mentioned.
This is a nerd site ... everything from 15 months ago is TOO OLD! except the Note 5 because it's the last Note. lol

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand this thread, the only actual alternative is Note 5. Nothing else.
People buy Note because of it's build quality and sPen, nothing else since there are a lot of phones with same screen size and resolution.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand this thread, the only actual alternative is Note 5. Nothing else.
People buy Note because of it's build quality and sPen, nothing else since there are a lot of phones with same screen size and resolution.
I think many people bought the Note 7 with differing priorities and the size or pen may have been bonuses rather than the thing driving them to purchase the device. There could be several devices that meet there needs in other ways, such as if the camera was their highest priority, or the most internal storage, etc.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I, like most of us, am really upset about having to give up my awesome and perfectly running replacement note 7 which I just got up and running 3 days ago. I waited for the replacement for almost 4 weeks and then 3 days after I get it this is the bs that happens. Which by the way why are we having to give up all our phones when the direct cause of the 4 or 5 replacement phones buring isn't known yet? I'd really like someone to make me understand that one.

Anyway, so again like alot of people here, I'm not happy with the choices available right now. I would get an S7edge if samsung would put a nice discount on it for us Note 7 owners and then use that until the s8edge/note 7 comes out and stay with samsung since I have been a loyal customer. If they don't I'm very seriously considering getting an Iphone 7plus. I have never wanted nor considered an Iphone for myself since my kids love em but my wife and I always stuck with the Note series. Thing is I'm pretty pissed off at samsung over this nonsense and time/money wasted. Not to mention I really really love my Note 7 and don't want to give it up but if I have to and samsung doesn't have my back in any way to keep my loyalty then I think I'm out.

I've been watching youtube reviews for the Iphone 7plus all day and it's a nice device as well. Not as nice as a Note 7 but still nice and dam fast and with long battery life and everything is smooth as silk and just works and works well. So ya I'm not happy and I wanted to get some opinions. You guys think it's wrong of me to expect samsung to offer us something toward a replacement samsung device. Hell I would even take a 200-300 discount off next years note 8 and pay full price for the s7 edge now but to pay full price and get nothing in return feels like a slap in the face for something I don't really want. Opinions?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna hold on to my Note 7 til the end of the month (my old Note 4 is gone so I have no replacement phone), as I'm not ready to downgrade to a S7 Edge (and be stuck with it for a year on lease) and I want to check out the LG V20, which sounds promising on paper, but I saw some YouTube videos today with a demo V20 vs a Note 7 and the screen scores for color accuracy wasn't good, not as good as the N7 at all, and the camera test had the N7 looking much better, so not sure what to do now.
I read something today about that Huwaei Mate 9, 5.9" phone with 6gb ram, but is it coming Verizon and will it have a capable camera? Probably no for both. It's supposed to be announced 11/3.
Note 5 is too big of a downgrade - processor, camera, no SD, small internal memory. No thanks.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Went to T-Mobile yesterday and the response to me wanting to return the Note 7 was meh-ish at best. The reps said that it's a good phone and I don't have to return it if I want to and samsung is just halting production right now and that they might make them again. I explained to them that's not the case it's completely recalled and cancelled and they are urging people to return it. They said they talked to a samsung rep earlier the day. They kinda persuaded me in not returning it yesterday but I will return it before the week ends. Funny enough I got an text from t-mobile saying that the note 7 is cancelled and samsung and cpsc recommend returning it. Was thinking of getting the s7 edge but might just use an axon 7 instead I really like that phone. Want to s7 edge for vr.

The point of this. While I was at t-mobile I spotted a phone that I've never seen before. There aren't really any reviews for it. and there is an international dual sim model.

The LG Stylo Plus 2 on T-mobile

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/lg-stylo-2-plus.html

It has a stylus it has a lot of samsung's stylus and note features too like writing on screen and saving memos. I played with it a little at t-mobile and was actually really liking it. Even has a fingerprint scanner and 6.0. I'm not sure if it has NFC. I'm going to test it out at the store again. I might get it and just try it out. I don't know if anyone here has used it but the ratings on t-mobile aren't bad. They have it for straight talk, boost, virgin mobile, and some others a little cheaper. I did look at the note 5 but I can't do without an SD card.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am totally suggesting a S7 Edge AND a Intuos Creative stylus 2 pen. It is the closest we can get to a Note 7.... The pen uses bluetooth. It feels like the sPen when writing. I tested it on the Note 4 - sPen and the ICS 2. I did find an app (I need to look it up again) that will give an option for keyboard - for handwriting recognition.

I am charging my new S7 Edge now.... been installing updates. I did play with the ICS2 on my daughter's S7E yesterday and it worked great!!! :)

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
4cddb1ceb9d8597fb1d6e5f8e423c381.jpg

Went to Verizon and went back to the future with a Note5 😊 (my previous phone)

I need my stylus there was no other substitute.

So I'll keep it until the Note8 is released

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think a lot of people are a little wary about going all in with Sony right now considering their recent track record, at least in the US. However, the XZ looks promising, but I would suggest keeping an open mind with other devices. Here's a good blog post about the XZ and hands-on: The Xperia XZ gives me hope that Sony can turn things around in the U.S. | Android Central
I used an XPERIA XZ.

In short, it's alright and certainly a pretty good phone, but for $699, it's a bit of a tough sell.

CF8DA0F7-34B8-4960-80C4-7E94E5162BFF.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201