[HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

zepper#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There needs to be a clear set of instructions after you do the down loads. After down loading the file the instruction are not all that clear how to unzip the file and get them on the the storage card that goes into the nook. We need to know which unzip program to down load when you get to the site since there is all different progams to use.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be a clear set of instructions after you do the down loads. After down loading the file the instruction are not all that clear how to unzip the file and get them on the the storage card that goes into the nook. We need to know which unzip program to down load when you get to the site since there is all different progams to use.

You mean this?

"Unzip the image onto your computer (use WinRAR, others might not work)."

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
He's on a Mac. winimage is for Windows.

Woops, missed that obvious bit of info ;) , so has anyone been able to get Angry Birds up and running? How come with either Nookie on internal and now Honeycomb on SD I can never get it to install? Nookie Via Sd it would install.

Also it now says that the new Honeycomb supports Sd storage, what exactly does this mean? Do I need to expand any of the addl size on my Sd card ?

vpw100

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have everything installed, but during the cmd process i get device not found? i have all the drivers installed, but no luck, can you help?

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have everything installed, but during the cmd process i get device not found? i have all the drivers installed, but no luck, can you help?

We need more info...where are you stuck? What errors do you get? Windows? Mac? ADB working? Are you stuck at the image creation? Installing Google Apps?

corta

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
cant get adb to see my color nook on usb. any help. im using a mac and have sdk installed. i am primarly having trouble with terminal and the commands.

oneman

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
WinImage???

WinImage keeps saying "Error reading file ....."
I am not very familiar with WinImage and it doesn't feel very intuitive (to me anyway).

What am I doing wrong?

ideas?

Thank you!

monkeydeus

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am a developer, but complete newb w.r.t to nook hacking/android. Could someone clarify the instructions for android market for windows users? I'm not sure from some of these other posts if separate rooting is required to enable the market or not; but I've never used adb in any context, and am hoping the case is everything can be installed onto the same sd chip. The instructions as posted right now don't read to me like instructions for using a windows command prompt, so would appreciate any extra help/explanation. Thanks.

vpw100

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
yes, windows, i have the sdk installed and it appears the adb is installed and working properly in eclipse. when i type first cmd line to access the adb.exe i get an error in the cmd module device not found. In device manager i don't have any errors for missing drivers.

should the nook show up in my list of devices? it shows up as nookcolor, but only as 2 expansion drives?

Last edited:

Chad_Taylor

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so I use winimage to burn the image...put it in my nook and boot, but it never goes past the A N D R O I D _ screen. When I look at the SD after I've burned the image it says it's only about 115MB. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chad

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am a developer, but complete newb w.r.t to nook hacking/android. Could someone clarify the instructions for android market for windows users? I'm not sure from some of these other posts if separate rooting is required to enable the market or not; but I've never used adb in any context, and am hoping the case is everything can be installed onto the same sd chip. The instructions as posted right now don't read to me like instructions for using a windows command prompt, so would appreciate any extra help/explanation. Thanks.

adb is simply the connector to the android device. so the adb commands do things like push files to the device or reboot it. So the commands you are running are under the context of adb.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so I use winimage to burn the image...put it in my nook and boot, but it never goes past the A N D R O I D _ screen. When I look at the SD after I've burned the image it says it's only about 115MB. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chad

Try the newer image and see if that does anything different. I don't know what else it could be besides a bad burn. Alternatively you could try burning a Froyo image to the card just to see if it's working properly. At least you would know that the process itself is working and the nook is reading at least the froyo image properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffbbtopnhacai