HTC Thunderbolt Official Specs

eurosteve

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Thunderbolt is really just the HTC Evo 4G? Are there really any significant differences?

Update: Just saw the thread on this topic. Nevermind....

Last edited:

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'm repeating a question thats already been answered but I didn't notice anything yet...does anyone know if the notification light will use different colors other than red? Just wondering, its the only thing I love about my bb, lol

zap-uh

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this has already been answered, but is it confirmed that there will be a notification LED? I can't imagine not having one after I've become so dependent on it.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I think we need to take the "notification light" to its logical conclusion - have the entire casing of the phone be a giant notification multi-colored LED....

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping the notification light is brighter and/or bigger than that of my Dinc. I'm coming from a Storm/Storm2 and that led light will light up the room. I have to be facing the Dinc, to actually see the light.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I was reading through here and noticed chat about the notification light. I really like my notif. light on my droid1 and really hoped the TB would have one. In one of the leaked photos of the TB from way back in octoberish it showed a notification light. But then As I watched all of the hands on videos from CES, None of them showed the notification light!! But after due diligence. I did find PROOF!!

YouTube - HTC ThunderBolt Hands-on

Unfortunately this is only proof that it is green.. It is still undetermined if it can do red and blue (and mixing of the three).

Last edited:
Reactions: karnovaran

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I was reading through here and noticed chat about the notification light. I really like my notif. light on my droid1 and really hoped the TB would have one. In one of the leaked photos of the TB from way back in octoberish it showed a notification light. But then As I watched all of the hands on videos from CES, None of them showed the notification light!! But after due diligence. I did find PROOF!!

YouTube - HTC ThunderBolt Hands-on

Unfortunately this is only proof that it is green.. It is still undetermined if it can do red and blue (and mixing of the three).

Good catch. I looked through several videos and saw no proof. At least we can tell it'll be easier to see than the light on the Incredible.

loganthomas51

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There were pictures of VZW/LTE/4G SIM cards floating around. I think LTE may use a SIM card. It may also have world capability with 3G GSM for VZW overseas. I wonder if there would need to be two SIM slots one for 3G GSM and one for 4G LTE.

There are 4G networks overseas, but I don't think they are mainstream. There is one for the Shanghai bullet train that somehow manages to complete cell tower transfer for passengers traveling over 200mph!

Thank you Droid-Life
vzw-lte-sim-card.jpg

LTE does use sim cards the one you see in that picture are for the 4g mobile broadband card and soon for the phones.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not going to be happy if the back of the Bolt is slick. The biggest thing I hated about my 8330 Curve was the slick batt cover. I couldn't set it in my lap at my desk without it sliding and bouncing on the floor. I had to find a rubberized batt cover within three months. hated that

I also hate the idea of thickening up the profile with a dumb gel cover.

I'm hoping for a rubberized finish. Though the videos don't support my hopes. Looks like a gunmetal grey alum finnish. uck...

riksin808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for a rubberized finish. Though the videos don't support my hopes. Looks like a gunmetal grey alum finnish. uck...
there are some cases out there without a bulky gel cover, you just have to look for the right case.
but i also know exactly what your talking about im a type a person who puts on a case on day one. having a case makes the phone so much more bulkier
but i tend to resell my phone as soon as my plan ends. so i need to keep the value as high as possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe