Nexus 4: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

Dasilva14

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

Hey. I have a samsung S3 SGH-I747 and I can't send nor Receive Mms .could someone help me? Thanks

Jimmy Robinson

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Been working on this for about 2 weeks. Just happened to come across this site. I put in SETZKOR's settings and everything works.

I'm using a BLU Life Play Phone in case anyone is wondering.

Thank you so much setzkor! You have made my day!

Arniewolf11

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

I had same prob spent hour on phone with them.. no good the only thing they solved was eating up my minutes!
I Just tried your remedy Setzkor and at first I got back my sending pics out.. I then did a hard reboot of my Galaxy s4 and now I can do all..
The Ip address along with Apn type is what seem to work so far for me.. Thanks to all for each input!

Yes you all are right the APN
Type must be filled

Last edited:

19charger70

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I tried this apn it worked thanks so much for puttin tht up net10 tech support couldnt een hlp me screw there tech support thnks again :)

plunderd

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Tried every single thing listed in the previous posts and no luck I'm using straight talk with an AT&T galaxy s3

Dara Freeman

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

My Samsung infuse was on Straight Talk for over a year , No Problems with anything...I took it off Straight Talk for a month and then went back to it ...No MMS ! !! I spent hours on the phone with ST and it was like talking to a Plant. In any event my wife's Galaxy 11 was never off ST so it had the old Sim and the old no's , I put hers in my Samsung and everything worked Great.... I called ST and they said no there is nothing they can do ...ddduh... anyway I am trying to find an old AT&t Sim and I will transfer my # to that and it should solve the problem. Bob F

banipena

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I also tried everything recommended here. Nothing worked. I purchased another net10 sim card, transfered my service and now I'm receiving MMS.

Tracer317

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

To anyone having the same issues with not receiving mms through net10 with a galaxy...Download gosms @ the play store It fixes the problem and is a great message app... It is a free download... and only 4.99 to upgrade to pro... well worth it to stop the ads.... but works wether you upgrade or not....I had the same problem.... now I can send and receive mms....

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

To anyone having the same issues with not receiving mms through net10 with a galaxy...Download gosms @ the play store It fixes the problem and is a great message app... It is a free download... and only 4.99 to upgrade to pro... well worth it to stop the ads.... but works wether you upgrade or not....I had the same problem.... now I can send and receive mms....
It didn't work for me... neither did Handcent or ChompSMS, all of which have their own MMS configuration possibilities. None of them worked for me, although to be fair I never went so far as to get another SIM and transfer my service, but why should I have to?!?!?

This was an ongoing problem, along with the intermittent data, so I switched to AT&T GoPhone, works perfectly and has never once glitched in anyway since I got it.

Chris Dedic

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

After dealing with net 10 for hours about inability to receive and download pic messages on my unlocked samsung rugby, and them finally telling me to call my manufacturer, i came here. None of the settings I found here got me working, however the post about Handcent SMS did work. To boot its a nicer messaging app than the factory one!

rttkm

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I am having the OPPOSITE problem. Blu Life Play on Straight Talk - ATT GSM. I can receive MMS just fine, but can't send. Noticed that when sending, my data connection turns off. Sometimes it comes back on by itself; other times I have to manually turn it back on...after a couple of minutes. Not sure why sending a MMS would automatically turn off data connection...? Running Jelly Bean 4.2.1.

aviationman201

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I have the Galaxy note 2 and i have tried all of the setting that i have found and still cannot sent or recieve mms using the net10 sim

Sadiepuff

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I have a stock Verizon I-535 S3 with an at&t Net10 sim card in it. Everything works fine except receiving mms. Two days ago I was able to receive but not send, I didn't change anything in my APN settings, now I can send but not receive. Anyone have any ideas

Specs:
Verizon I-535 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 stock

APN Settings
Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I had the same issue with Net10. Download Tweakker APN INTERNET MMS from the play store and see if the recommended settings work. Fixed my problem.

Cj Smith

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

i don't even use the regular sms app anymore..if you have an android phone.. you can allow an app called "hangouts" to control your sms..and through "hangouts" u can both send and receive picture messages..iphone users might be able to do the same.. i do not know.

travelingag

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm having this same problem and 3 different Net10 reps couldn't help me! the APN settings are all correct,
Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type: internet + mms

Now I don't have a place under APN type to put default, admin, fota, mms, supl, hipri. the only options available are 1) internet + mms, 2) internet, or 3) mms. and that's it. So now I don't know what to do. all the mms settings are enabled (delivery reports, read reports, auto-retrieve, roaming auto-retrieve, and mms alert). Also, i cleared my memory cache and deleted most of my messages, probably have like 10 messages left in the phone, so there has to be enough memory for them to load..

I tried handcent and gosmspro, neither worked for me. :( took out the sim and cleaned it. nothing. took out the battery like 6 times, nothing. i can access the internet via data, wifi works, i get other sms messages. can send mms messages, just can't receive. so not frustrating whatsoever. :-/

can anyone help me?! please! i doubt Net10 will send me a new SIM, they kinda suck as a company and keep saying it is my phone's settings. which it isn't. and i really don't want to buy another one of their sims, on principal. am about thisclose to switching to somewhere else, but not having a guarantee that mms will work then makes me kinda cautious about going to all the trouble and spending the extra money..

Beverly McCormack

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

This did not work for me. I have the same issue cannot receive pictures in text messages. Everything else works ok. I have a Sony Xperia ION

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjay