Notes won't pin on lock screen.

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got my T-Mobile Note 7 and loving it.

Switching from Apple so spent some time to get to know the OS etc. Haven't really installed any launcher or icon packs. If I do has to be something minimal similar to the iOS. To be honest would love if we could get stock Android as it looks much more cleaner. But again I'm not an expert.

Now to my problem.

I've been reading everywhere that the phone gives the ability to take notes while locked and also pin those notes for an hour or so on the lock screen.

The option is on from settings and I'm able to write notes on the locked screen. The pin icon there is nowhere to be found? Any ideas what's going on. There is a save button that saves the note the the notes app but no way to pin in to the lock screen.

Any help will be very appreciated it.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
When the phone is off, pull out the s-pen and write something down and then you should have this icon on the top (the one that looks like a push pin next to delete)

BXE6sQZ.png

After you tap that icon, put the pen back in and you should have a new notification on the always on display. Double tap it to see your pinned note.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I see the pin icon when I write notes on the always on display

Have you turned on always on display?

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got my T-Mobile Note 7 and loving it.

Switching from Apple so spent some time to get to know the OS etc. Haven't really installed any launcher or icon packs. If I do has to be something minimal similar to the iOS. To be honest would love if we could get stock Android as it looks much more cleaner. But again I'm not an expert.

Now to my problem.

I've been reading everywhere that the phone gives the ability to take notes while locked and also pin those notes for an hour or so on the lock screen.

The option is on from settings and I'm able to write notes on the locked screen. The pin icon there is nowhere to be found? Any ideas what's going on. There is a save button that saves the note the the notes app but no way to pin in to the lock screen.

Any help will be very appreciated it.

I'm having problems with mine. It will alow me to click on the pin icon; however, after saving it only shows an icon on my always on display that I can click twice to open the memo. I was under the assumption that the memo would just display on the screen without me having to double click on the icon to make it display. Am i wrong? If not, is there a setting I nees to change?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with mine. It will alow me to click on the pin icon; however, after saving it only shows an icon on my always on display that I can click twice to open the memo. I was under the assumption that the memo would just display on the screen without me having to double click on the icon to make it display. Am i wrong? If not, is there a setting I nees to change?

You are not wrong, the pinning to AoD is not working yet it appears. Not on mine, nor anyone's I have read about in these forums.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I can't get it to work like that either actually. Maybe a bug or something.

Also for the OP. There is a pretty nice theme you can get that is close to stock android.

Edit: try tapping this link on your phone and it should take you to the the theme. if not follow directions below.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...aterialDesign%26SITE_CODE%3Dus&token=j9qFAEpm

Go to settings>wallpapers and themes>swipe over to themes>tap "top">look for "material design" right now its number 37 in the top "all" section.

download and apply that and see if you like it.

Last edited:

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
The funny part is that I don't see that pin anywhere on top - with the display alwyas on or not (tried both)
and i was under the assumption that after pinning the note wil be on all the time. Anyhow the pin is no where to be found.

Also have another problem. The gear fit doesn't show any notifications!

And lastly when i get a new email at gmail and using the phone - isn't supposed to bring a pop up with the subject at least. It's one under notification settings but only getting the sound.

I guess the transition has these problems. will figure them out lol

kjgilligan

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hoping this might help others. Mine didn't work either. I could pet I could write a note but then it would disappear and just be an icon on that always on screen. Then I went into the always on settings. Once and there I clicked to change one of the clocks the colouring of it and then it said it needed to do an update. Once the update was dark and the always on memo shows now once I have pinned it.

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks will try that. But i don't have the "always on display" on anywyas and I can't see any pin. Now I have two other issues. Gmail won't pop up notifications to see who is emailing (just gives the notification sound) and gear fit 2 won't display any notifications no matter what. lol

Gotanks3646

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This feature was one of the reason I wanted a note 7... I have tried everything including what kjgilligan suggested, but it did not ask about an update. Still just pins to an 'icon' rather than pinning to the actual 'always on' screen.

djcense

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I got an update in Galaxy Apps for the AoD today that fixed the screen off memo issue. Music controls also now show up for any music app. Pretty sweet.

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
What is an AoD. Haven't received any update. And have so many other issues. Gmail won't give pop up notifications and fit 2 won't get any notifications damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332