[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hated

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Very frustrated right now. Whenever I click start, 10 seconds into it, it fails. Not sure what is going on or I am doing anything wrong, but it is very annoying. Can anyone help?

Hated

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

So I downloaded a different Stock file to see if that was the problem and it was. Downloaded a different one and it worked fine. Thank you very very much for this I really can't thank you enough. Really needed to get back to stock. Clear and easy tutorial.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

So I downloaded a different Stock file to see if that was the problem and it was. Downloaded a different one and it worked fine. Thank you very very much for this I really can't thank you enough. Really needed to get back to stock. Clear and easy tutorial.

Sorry for not being able to jump in and help. Been busy at work. Glad you are up and running.

AndroidManuel

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
hi Golfdriver97 , i think everything is going well, but i´ve been waiting for like 15min now, and i dont know if the download is still running, i mean, at the Odin tab of Message, theres still the <OSM> Leave Cs.. but i dont know if is still running, what do you think? :) Whats the normal waiting time range?

Oh one more thing, at the Corrent Binary and System Status, at my android i got "Custom" description. i dont know if that normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Oh one more thing, at the Corrent Binary and System Status, at my android i got "Custom" description. i dont know if that normal.

Are you up and running?

The custom description is not normal. The flash should return everything to stock. Were you rooted before?

Rykira Cadorna

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

ser?? i have an s4 active and i would like to update its version 4.2.2 to the latest

is there a problem?? i was just checking and i read some of the forum and is there some kind of Error in updating??

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

ser?? i have an s4 active and i would like to update its version 4.2.2 to the latest

is there a problem?? i was just checking and i read some of the forum and is there some kind of Error in updating??

Not that I was aware of. Samsung updates shows the device, depending on region code up to 4.3.

paulosaints

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Hello! I have a N7105(4.3) and an N8000(4.1.2), both of them still waiting for the Kitkat... I would like to update them via Odin, but i have 2 questions.

Do i need to root?

Does the update via Odin factory resets my devices? (because i am not ready now to do a factory reset)

By the way, is there a way that after a factory reset i can get all the apps, settings, wallpapers, ringtones back with a click like it was before the reset?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hello! I have a N7105(4.3) and an N8000(4.1.2), both of them still waiting for the Kitkat... I would like to update them via Odin, but i have 2 questions.

Do i need to root?

Does the update via Odin factory resets my devices? (because i am not ready now to do a factory reset)

By the way, is there a way that after a factory reset i can get all the apps, settings, wallpapers, ringtones back with a click like it was before the reset?

Thanks

If there is a ROM out for the device, then Odin can flash it.
Odin does do a reset.
As for a one click restore, not that I am aware of.

Mark Quill1

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

I had a rooted stock galaxy s5 and the ota update kept failing,so,I tried Samsung kies which was worse than useless. After searching for the update I came across your forum about flashing with odin...I gotta say thank you guys you made it so simple...no problems no fails. All I gotta do now is re-root my device and get rid of all that bloatware....Again...thanks guys..

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I had a rooted stock galaxy s5 and the ota update kept failing,so,I tried Samsung kies which was worse than useless. After searching for the update I came across your forum about flashing with odin...I gotta say thank you guys you made it so simple...no problems no fails. All I gotta do now is re-root my device and get rid of all that bloatware....Again...thanks guys..

Welcome to the forums. Glad this could help!

jezza81

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for this guide, it's a life saver. :) Managed to put stock rom on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 after update messed up the home screen launcher.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for this guide, it's a life saver. :) Managed to put stock rom on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 after update messed up the home screen launcher.

You are very welcome. Glad it helped.

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi Guys,

So i have an S3 which i bought in Ireland. It is GT-I9300. My phone bricked during a samsung upgrade. My device is not rooted. I can still access ODIN mode by pressing the required buttons etc.

I have tried to update the stock frmware through Samsung Kies and Kies 3 as per another guide on here but i have had no luck that way. So next i downloaded Odin and the Stock firmware to flash. I successfully completed all of the steps and it showed on the ODIN screen on my s3 that the firmware was present but it did not install and the phone was stuck in the Samsung boot screen loop. So my question is my did the firmware not install when i successfully managed to flash it using odin? Maybe it is the stock firmware i used? Can someone help me locate the proper stock firmware to use please.
Please see photos attached

Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-I9300
Custom Binary Download: Yes( 2 counts) - This is 2 as i tried it twice
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official

Attachments

• Files used.jpg
    Files used.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 5
  • odin image.jpg
    odin image.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 6

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I would look at either Samsung updates or sammobile for your downloads. There might have been a download error in the file you have.

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

I am pretty sure i used Samsung updates, i am now trying a firmware from sammobile hopefully this will work. Is there anyway to be 100% sure your using the correct firmware?I bought the phone from a friend and it was factory unlocked - i don't know if that makes a difference.

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

I would look at either Samsung updates or sammobile for your downloads. There might have been a download error in the file you have.

So i just downloaded a firmware from sammobile and sent it the phone using ODIN, it transfered sucessfully and when it restarted it is still stuck on Samsung Boot Screen?any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.