P7P - Sticky scrolling issues

jgandroid

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello Pixel peeps,

I was surprised to not see a thread here on the scrolling issues I'm seeing on my Pixel 7 Pro. Its really bad and I took the day one udpate and haven't seen any improvements. Basically when you do a flick when trying to scroll, it just stops. You have to filck really hard and then its way too fast. I am coming from a Pixel 6 and did not have this problem. I have them side by side and the Pixel 6 is perfectly smooth and the P7P is horrible. Any one else having this problem??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have unlocked with TMobile sim , I heard about it but thought the small update fixed it as no one here came forward , where does this happen?

jgandroid

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's happening sort of sporadically but I would say about 75% of the time. I noticed that the most in the facebook app but it happens everywhere around the phone. When you try to do a quick flip the screen just doesn't scroll. It just stops very sticky and very different from my pixel six that I have sitting right next to it. I also bought an unlocked version and I'm running a T-Mobile SIM

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Font size helped...interesting...I have left my font size on the default and was swapping resolution and refresh rates and I was NOT able to see any scrolling issues at all! I thought maybe those with the issue had defective phones? But it appears to be a bug of sorts. Glad you found a resolution for now.
On a separate note I have changed screen settings back and forth many times now and I really see NO difference that makes any impact on the way the phone functions. Turning off "smooth display" still allows for very smooth scrolling. FHD compared to QHD shows no discernable difference to the naked eye. So, I leave everything on the lower of the two settings. Does it save me any battery???? Maybe not, but I know that I am not stressing the system this way. Maybe it will have a long term effect on the battery or the phone as a whole. YMMV

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the Sticky scroll too. I figured it was just the difference coming from a S21 and i'd have to get used to it. I especially notice it when i have Recent apps open. Quick short swipes just jiggle the screen. I'm used to that just shifting over 1 app. Then anything else flys through like 4.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Sticky scroll too. I figured it was just the difference coming from a S21 and i'd have to get used to it. I especially notice it when i have Recent apps open. Quick short swipes just jiggle the screen. I'm used to that just shifting over 1 app. Then anything else flys through like 4.
Probably by next update should straighten those issues out