[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
One or the other gapps. Do you want picsa sync or a modified camera app?

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

sorry to be lame... what camera mods?

what I really want is for the thumbnails to appear in my gallery without having to transfer to my pc and back again. if I do not do that all i get is an icon with file name, happened after JB.
Is there a post/thread that explains the issues? I read a few post ago someone did both gapps, the one signed gapps is a larger file than the one for picsa.
I like the old ICS roms, new gapps and rom no choices.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
sorry to be lame... what camera mods?

what I really want is for the thumbnails to appear in my gallery without having to transfer to my pc and back again. if I do not do that all i get is an icon with file name, happened after JB.
Is there a post/thread that explains the issues? I read a few post ago someone did both gapps, the one signed gapps is a larger file than the one for picsa.
I like the old ICS roms, new gapps and rom no choices.

If you want thumbnails to appear, just get the latest signed gapps from goo.im:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Then for Picassa sync for the thumbnails, go here to download:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-picasa-20121011-signed.zip

Install ROM, followed by the signed gapps, followed by the signed picasa zip.

You should be good to go after that.

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
JB5 has been rock solid for me. Battery life has been great with Franco Kernel as well but I have a question for you guys.. How are you controlling the notification LED? I normally use Light Flow but it's buggy as hell with this ROM. It was working fine on CM10 but for the time being prefer AOKP. Any alternatives?

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you want thumbnails to appear, just get the latest signed gapps from goo.im:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Then for Picassa sync for the thumbnails, go here to download:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-picasa-20121011-signed.zip

Install ROM, followed by the signed gapps, followed by the signed picasa zip.

You should be good to go after that.

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

This worked great for me.

Sent from my Island using my Smoke Monster

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
JB5 has been rock solid for me. Battery life has been great with Franco Kernel as well but I have a question for you guys.. How are you controlling the notification LED? I normally use Light Flow but it's buggy as hell with this ROM. It was working fine on CM10 but for the time being prefer AOKP. Any alternatives?

I was having crappy battery life with B5 and Franco M6 then I wiped cache and davlik and reflashed M6 in CWM instead of using Franco's app and now battery life is much better.

Also Light flow works well for me. Sometimes I have to open the app up to get it to behave again.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out why my battery has been disappointing. I used to be able to turn on my phone in the morning, take it off the charger, pop it into my pocket while I go to work, then use it when I go on break three or so hours later, and when I'd turn the screen on, I'd be at about 97-ish percent. Now when I do that, I find that I'm in the low 90s, high 80s.

I'm kinda thinking it must be the latest radios, because I let my phone sit on wifi most of the day yesterday, and the battery wasn't draining as much when not in use. Not sure if I should flash back to the previous radios, or what, though... I'd prefer to keep everything "current", but if it would help my battery life...

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

AOKP has its own LED control in rom control. I've been using it for apps that don't have a default LED color. It's been working fine for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out why my battery has been disappointing. I used to be able to turn on my phone in the morning, take it off the charger, pop it into my pocket while I go to work, then use it when I go on break three or so hours later, and when I'd turn the screen on, I'd be at about 97-ish percent. Now when I do that, I find that I'm in the low 90s, high 80s.

I'm kinda thinking it must be the latest radios, because I let my phone sit on wifi most of the day yesterday, and the battery wasn't draining as much when not in use. Not sure if I should flash back to the previous radios, or what, though... I'd prefer to keep everything "current", but if it would help my battery life...

I've read that the first 10% drain isn't really accurate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I was having crappy battery life with B5 and Franco M6 then I wiped cache and davlik and reflashed M6 in CWM instead of using Franco's app and now battery life is much better.

Also Light flow works well for me. Sometimes I have to open the app up to get it to behave again.

The only notification that isn't working properly is for SMS. I've tried all different kinds of combos and it still doesn't work right with goSMS. Any ideas?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so just did a DF to Build 5 and both gapps, all seems to be fine including GPS. wish I could under stand the gerrit so I know what was new or updated. any cool new features that a basic user needs to know? woudl love to set up lock screen just to paranoid that is wont unlock the phone lol.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
any cool new features that a basic user needs to know? woudl love to set up lock screen just to paranoid that is wont unlock the phone lol.

Only things I've really noticed are the ability to add new unlock targets on the lockscreen, as well as the return of the navbar widget option. As far as the lockscreen targets, you could just make a backup before you play around with that, then if something goes wrong, just reboot into recovery and restore. Or, find something with a persistent notification that you can click on and go into an app, that way if you can't unlock the phone, for some reason, you can just go back in with the app in your notification menu and fix the lockscreen settings.

But I doubt you should have that problem anyway. Well, so long as you don't mess with the unlock target. I played around with my settings and added a couple targets, and I didn't have any issues, but like I said, I didn't touch the actual "unlock" target at all.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Only things I've really noticed are the ability to add new unlock targets on the lockscreen, as well as the return of the navbar widget option. As far as the lockscreen targets, you could just make a backup before you play around with that, then if something goes wrong, just reboot into recovery and restore. Or, find something with a persistent notification that you can click on and go into an app, that way if you can't unlock the phone, for some reason, you can just go back in with the app in your notification menu and fix the lockscreen settings.

But I doubt you should have that problem anyway. Well, so long as you don't mess with the unlock target. I played around with my settings and added a couple targets, and I didn't have any issues, but like I said, I didn't touch the actual "unlock" target at all.

Why not?
AOKP Actions>Unlock is a replacement.
There's also ring/vib/silent toggles in there you can add as a lockscreen target...

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So...who wants a new build?

Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Show Lockscreen Before Secure Unlock (I submitted my rebase to gerrit...those of you who make your own builds and didn't know how to fix this; you shouldn't have to now)
*Lockscreen Vibrate Toggle (Submitted the rebase for this as well if you didn't know how and want to pick it for personal builds)
*Vibrate upon "locking" on the Lockscreen target (hovering over)
*Make Toggles Hidable [This was actually merged]
*Allow Haptic Feedback on Toggle Press [This was actually merged]
*Add more Long-Press Targets to Keyboard
*Torch Fix (Part merged - the actual linking to the new APK has not been - pending testing. Seems good to me!)
*Clock/Date have Long/Short press actions (open calendar/clock activities)
*CM advanced phone settings (vibrate on connect, every 45 seconds, call waiting)

Download:
Here

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone getting a " clock has stopped" error? I keep getting it. Tried clearing cache and it didn't work. I am running aokp 6 jb with updated gapps.
Any suggestions?

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if group texting will be added?,.......Never mind, "group MMS" mentioned above, must be more hungover than I thought!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums