[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I find TiBu to be much quicker than auto-restore. In my guide I outlined the method I use. Haven't used auto restore since my bionic days, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I used to have so many issues with TiBu I just stopped using it. Maybe I'll give it a try next flash. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
So would SuperSU technically be "super super user"? :p

Technically, it would be Super Substitute User. :)

The su command/function originally represented Substitute User. The purpose of su is to allow a user to temporarily switch their session to another user's ID. Over the years it has inaccurately become referred to as Super User since 99.9% of the time, it is used to gain root/admin privileges.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When I installed preview 1 I did all the wipe functions. Since I know I can start over if needed, and it's not my carry phone, I did preview 4 and its gapps without any wiping. Worked like a charm.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When I installed preview 1 I did all the wipe functions. Since I know I can start over if needed, and it's not my carry phone, I did preview 4 and its gapps without any wiping. Worked like a charm.

You're asking for hell if you didn't even wipe cache and dalvik. Format system too if you have to dirty flash. You won't lose anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The biggest question I have is how much can you play with the Navigation bar. That's still something you can't mess with on the CM10 ROM. Are you able to change and add new buttons and can you change the color? Other than that there's not a lot of difference between this and CM10 that I see unless someone else can point out another major difference.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The biggest question I have is how much can you play with the Navigation bar. That's still something you can't mess with on the CM10 ROM. Are you able to change and add new buttons and can you change the color? Other than that there's not a lot of difference between this and CM10 that I see unless someone else can point out another major difference.

You can change the icons and add more buttons to the bar. You can't change the brightness or the color--yet--past changing the icons.

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You can change the icons and add more buttons to the bar. You can't change the brightness or the color--yet--past changing the icons.

Nice, is changing the icons something that you have to flash as far as getting the new icons in there, or the alternate icons are built in? This actually makes me want to try AOKP now.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice, is changing the icons something that you have to flash as far as getting the new icons in there, or the alternate icons are built in? This actually makes me want to try AOKP now.

It's part of the ROM control built in to AOKP. No need to flash anything additional. Give it a try.

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Lastly, this will be the first time I've not dirty flashed with TWRP. I assume the system reset which wipes data/cache is the one I want to use for wiping data. Also cache, dalvik. Do I need to wipe system to or that's pretty much done when I wipe data anyway?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Lastly, this will be the first time I've not dirty flashed with TWRP. I assume the system reset which wipes data/cache is the one I want to use for wiping data. Also cache, dalvik. Do I need to wipe system to or that's pretty much done when I wipe data anyway?

Wipe system as well! If you do data, cache, dalvik, system, in that order it's clockwise :).

Reactions: 2defmouze