[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It's part of the ROM control built in to AOKP. No need to flash anything additional. Give it a try.

Sorry folks, didn't mean to jump in on your conversation...I just really enjoy this ROM, I get excited to offer help/info if I can. My bad. :-[ Back to work.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
OK is there a time frame that AOKP releases like Jake did he was clock work with mid night release. I see he is still putting out jb ROMs. What to change but might wait for preview 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
OK is there a time frame that AOKP releases like Jake did he was clock work with mid night release. I see he is still putting out jb ROMs. What to change but might wait for preview 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Lol not so much, they put it out when it works.. Can't say that for many other devs ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I need to factory reset this thing to all stock. I can't get nandroids or other Roms to flash. Everything either bootloops or fails at writing /data in cwm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh wow. Yeah wait for your computer lol

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
so got the P4 file and on the first page it says to use gapps jb-2012-01-17-signed
In think in the thread I saw a new gapps aokp-gapps-07 .
does it matter which one I flash?

thanks,
Xanth

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Wipe system as well! If you do data, cache, dalvik, system, in that order it's clockwise :).

Ok so I got TWRP installed and rebooted and checked it out, still only have done a back up with it..

following the clockwise order I do not see data on top to make a clockwise rotation, unless you mean format data, cache, dalvik and then system. <-- guidance please...

wipe screen:

Cache ******* Dalvik

Factory Reset ******* System

blank space ******* Internal Stoage

Format Data ******* blank space

As always THANKS! : )

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Factory Reset > Cache > Dalvik > System in that order. No need to format data. After you flash your new ROM and GAPPS it's becoming a habbit for me to hit "fix permissions" as well.

so got the P4 file and on the first page it says to use gapps jb-2012-01-17-signed
In think in the thread I saw a new gapps aokp-gapps-07 .
does it matter which one I flash?

Ideally you want to use the GAPPS that the ROM description tells you to use, but if theres a newer one linked you should be fine to use it. Think back to this first though if you have any issues after the flash.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Factory Reset > Cache > Dalvik > System in that order. No need to format data. After you flash your new ROM and GAPPS it's becoming a habbit for me to hit "fix permissions" as well.

Ideally you want to use the GAPPS that the ROM description tells you to use, but if theres a newer one linked you should be fine to use it. Think back to this first though if you have any issues after the flash.

You do NOT have to fix permissions. Since gingerbread its not necessary and can cause more harm than good. Any dev who tells you you need to is not worth a lick... Or maybe is giving you some weirdly experimental stuff to flash, idk.

Just words of wisdom :) everything else Poseign mentioned is solid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards