[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.1 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 11-12-2011

So it looks better than before! The status bar used to always look transparent and the time would overlap with other icons when i pull the drop down menu. Now it's black when pulled down with everything in the center. Thanks!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

For a different look, go to Tablet tweaks and check to move the status bar at the bottom.

If you want to try my modified zdune patcher. You can make color edits for any text in the status bar. Transparency is still a manual smali edit. But easy to do in Notepad plus. You just pull the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk.

I'll post it tonight or tomorrow.

GambitsAce23

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

When I try to flash it from custom recovery it says....

can't open /sdcard/11.12.2011-CM7.1-iho-kraven.zip
(bad)
installation aborted

What am i doing wrong?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

For a different look, go to Tablet tweaks and check to move the status bar at the bottom.

If you want to try my modified zdune patcher. You can make color edits for any text in the status bar. Transparency is still a manual smali edit. But easy to do in Notepad plus. You just pull the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk.

I'll post it tonight or tomorrow.

Kraven, do you know a fix for the checkbox issue in Zdune's themes? It's not a big issue but a little bit inconvenient. Zdune said he didn't know how to fix it. Jason's Orion theme doesn't have the issue. Thanks!

HCGeek

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Awesome work on this ROM!!!
Everything is working Great. But it states "Unknown" under Baseband & there is no PRL or Profile Update buttons in Settings > About Phone. I have went thru the directions completely twice & still states "unknown". Calls, Txt, Data, Wifi & GPS all work perfectly. Any ideas??
Thanks

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working Great. But it states "Unknown" under Baseband & there is no PRL or Profile Update buttons in Settings > About Phone. I have went thru the directions completely twice & still states "unknown". Calls, Txt, Data, Wifi & GPS all work perfectly. Any ideas??
Thanks

That's normal for cm7 roms! Your still on zvd,it just states unknown.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HCGeek

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

Every month, you should nandroid backup your current CM7 rom and restore this in recovery

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html

Go through and update the PRL and Profile, do a reboot to make sure you're good, and then go ahead
and restore your current nandroid backup of CM7.

The PRL and Profile will be saved when you flash back to CM7.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

For the advanced users. Changing color fonts in the status bar.
Feel free to make a new post with this.

Here is the status bar patcher by Zdune with my mods. It will decompile the SystemUI.apk to allow color edits and move the clock if you choose to. (same as the patches I make, but you can edit the colors). Afterwards, It will create a signed and flashable zip onces everything compiles correctly, undo.zip also.

Requirements.
Latest Android SDK installed and enviroment path set.

Notepad++ for edits.
Windows only.

Download: patcher4windows_by_Z25a.zip

Reference: Zdune Android - Tweaks
CM7 Theme Patcher v1.6 (Windows users) - xda-developers

Install: Just unzip this package to a folder and work inside it. The run the patcher.bat file.
You can either pull the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk out of the CM7 rom zip yourself or pull inside the program.
Once you choose status bar tweaks and a mod (either center clock or transparency), it will decompile the files for you and open up a pop up directory and text file. Here is where you will do the manual edits for color and transparency.

edits1: Transparency: the popup directory is where you find the StatusBarService.smali file to edit for transparency. Open that in notepad++ and find the line to edit found in the popup text file. As stated in the popup text file: It is line 2209 in the latest version. But could vary.Change const/4 v5, 0x2 to const/4 v5, -0x3

edits2: Font color: Look for the status_bar.xml in /temp/res/layout/ and edit the android:textColor="#ffffffff" items for changing the font colors. There are six places to change. Use a hexidecimal color chart to edit the last six f's. For example #FF000000 is black font. , #FFFFFFFF is white font. #50FFFFFF is semi transparent white font.

Now choose option 5 on the menu to build your mods. Then choose 6 to make the flashable zips. And flash in recovery to see your results.

Thanks to Zdune25 for the patcher and Taine0 for status bar xml tweaks.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Two screenshots of the problems in the MIUI theme and Meizu theme.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Every month, you should nandroid backup your current CM7 rom and restore this in recovery

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html

Go through and update the PRL and Profile, do a reboot to make sure you're good, and then go ahead
and restore your current nandroid backup of CM7.

The PRL and Profile will be saved when you flash back to CM7.

Just to be clear,
if i'm running this ROM, then i'm on VD?
That is one thing I didn't pay much attention to when I rooted.
Just knew I was on the latest. This was right before sprints "failed" gingerbread...

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Just to be clear,
if i'm running this ROM, then i'm on VD?
That is one thing I didn't pay much attention to when I rooted.
Just knew I was on the latest. This was right before sprints "failed" gingerbread...
Yes. This ROM is for ZVD only. It won't work if you're not on ZVD.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Great!
I've been thinking of trying to update my profile and prl.
Also, accidentally deleted my stock backup a while ago...
So, 2 birds, 1 stone!

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Is there any chance of an automatic update while updating the prl and profile?

AFAIK, you can't update PRL or Profile while on CM7 automatically. (There is a little complicated way to do it using a tool but not sure where exactly that thread is, sorry)

The simplest way is to go back to stock VD, update prl and profile and switch to CM7 again.

Again, this is AFAIK.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

That's what I meant. Cm7 blocks auto firmware updates. (I think)
But, if I nandroid back to stock, is there a chance it could download the gingerbread update?
I highly doubt it, but it's always better to ask...

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

That's what I meant. Cm7 blocks auto firmware updates. (I think)
But, if I nandroid back to stock, is there a chance it could download the gingerbread update?
I highly doubt it, but it's always better to ask...

If I recall, they pulled the update so you won't get it OTA, but you can download it on your computer to put on your phone if you do want it.

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I found a bug of very little importance but a small annoyance. I wanted to try the custom carrier text in the latest build but it does not show up when the status bar is set to bottom via tablet tweaks, I always keep mine at the bottom so I am left out for now :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci