[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.1 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 11-20-2011

It compiles different for if you have a phone or tablet with soft buttons vs our phones. You could experiment and swap out cmparts.apk from their builds, but some things are in the framework, edit should be cmparts.apk

Last edited:

MichelleKwan

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Hi All,
I'm new and finally took a stab at rooting and CM7. I got up to installing CM7 onto my Optimus S and it worked well, but there was no service. The APN was empty. I read around and realized the "radio" was missing and because it didn't work with the VH version of Android. So I tried putting the 2.2 Froyo back on the phone using the LG update file (without unrooting first) and it bricked my phone. Sad. :'( I used custom recovery to try installing the LG update.

It's pretty messed up. I can't boot into recovery anymore, but I can boot into emergency mode. I tried using the unbricking method found on this forum using KP500-Utils-EN.exe but the windows XP computer I was using kept crashing the program before I could get to the unplug and replug without vudoo stuff. :-[

I guess there's not much else I can do. I'm hunting around ebay to see if can get a decent used Optimus again. :'(

It would have been nice to find more info about the no radio issue. But I guess I should have realized that when thekraven said it won't work on the VH version.

I'm thinking of trying again if I get a new Optimus. Can you guys see if this idea would work?

1. Buy Optimus S with either 2.2 or 2.3 Android.
2. If 2.2 still on the phone, root, install xionia, back up, flash CM7, and hope to get service.
2.1 If 2.3 on the phone, use the LG method of reverting back to 2.2 and hope it doesn't brick. Then root, install xionia, back up, flash CM7 and see if the radio APN followed along this time.
3. If none of that works, have a small bonfire with the two broken phones and go get a dumb phone LG Fusic.

:-*:-*

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Well you came to the right spot:) if your next optimus is vd use gingerbreak to root! I'm not familiar with vh but I do know do not use rom manager and make sure when rooting installing custom recover and flashing the rom you have read and studied up and understand :) if you need help there are many great, smart and knowledgeable people as well as nice that will be glad to assist you in any way! GOOD LUCK:) and stay with roms that are meant to be run on the correct baseband version:p hehe

Last edited:

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Michelle, I am not sure how to help you, but I suggest you make a new thread in order to get more views and faster assistance.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Michelle, I am not sure how to help you, but I suggest you make a new thread in order to get more views and faster assistance.

Michelle's question(s) are absolutely relevant to this thread.

Hi All,
I'm new and finally took a stab at rooting and CM7. I got up to installing CM7 onto my Optimus S and it worked well, but there was no service. The APN was empty. I read around and realized the "radio" was missing and because it didn't work with the VH version of Android. So I tried putting the 2.2 Froyo back on the phone using the LG update file (without unrooting first) and it bricked my phone. Sad. :'( I used custom recovery to try installing the LG update.

It's pretty messed up. I can't boot into recovery anymore, but I can boot into emergency mode. I tried using the unbricking method found on this forum using KP500-Utils-EN.exe but the windows XP computer I was using kept crashing the program before I could get to the unplug and replug without vudoo stuff. :-[

I guess there's not much else I can do. I'm hunting around ebay to see if can get a decent used Optimus again. :'(

It would have been nice to find more info about the no radio issue. But I guess I should have realized that when thekraven said it won't work on the VH version.

I'm thinking of trying again if I get a new Optimus. Can you guys see if this idea would work?

1. Buy Optimus S with either 2.2 or 2.3 Android.
2. If 2.2 still on the phone, root, install xionia, back up, flash CM7, and hope to get service.
2.1 If 2.3 on the phone, use the LG method of reverting back to 2.2 and hope it doesn't brick. Then root, install xionia, back up, flash CM7 and see if the radio APN followed along this time.
3. If none of that works, have a small bonfire with the two broken phones and go get a dumb phone LG Fusic.

:-*:-*

Looks fine to me. Just remember to double-check and triple-check that the ESN of the used phone you purchase isn't marked as Lost or Stolen.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
You may just need to try it from another computer. Heck, I know a few of the devs have offered to unbrick if you send it to them and a nominal fee for their time. Might be a better way to go.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

pakaloabob

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Many thanks to thekraven for making this ROM possible - it has been an incredible experience so far!
Also thanks to everyone in this forum who has submitted questions and bug reports. Reading through this thread has helped me fix several quirks along the way. However, I do still have a few minor issues.
1) It seems that when I enable GPS then disable it, the icon remains in the status bar. This occurs whether I use the power widget or menu to enable/disable.
2) When I reboot the phone, I need to re-login to Facebook and Twitter, but not Gmail or Amazon (apps).
3) In the Google voice app, when I try to make a call from the messaging window, it prepends a "+1" in front of the contact number and the call is lost. The contact info at the top of the screen does not indicate the "+1," nor do any of my contacts have this. Additionally, any incoming voicemail has the "+1" as well.
If I could get help with 1 or 2 of these things I would be a very happy man :D

Just to follow up on my post:
Apparently most of my "issues" turned out to not be related to the ROM. The GPS issue may have been due to an app called testGPS. The Facebook and Twitter login issues were solved by moving the apps from SD to phone.
I also found a workaround for dialing a contact from the google voice text message screen: rather than hitting the menu button then selecting call, touching the contact brings up a dialog box with options to call, view contact, message, etc.
I would like to know where would be the appropriate place to post the "+1" dialing issue.
Thanks again to everyone on this thread!

MichelleKwan

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks all for the responses. I am going to buy an Optimus from a person tonight, not sure what baseband it is yet. I will read up on the forums to see if I can change basebands later. Swamped at work right now. But thanks again for all the input. All I want is a fast working Android phone with CyanogenMod to activate to my account before Sprint starts implementing that new forced $50 monthly plan on future phone swaps on Sero.

Oh, there are mods willing to unbrick a phone for a fee? ^_^ I will first try tinkering with the program I was using before to see if I can get it to work on my work computer. Let me know if there are other unbricking programs to try. My bricking symptom is basically I turn on the phone and it says LG, and that's it. Not a black screen, just the normal black screen with LG in white, and never changes from that.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I also found a workaround for dialing a contact from the google voice text message screen: rather than hitting the menu button then selecting call, touching the contact brings up a dialog box with options to call, view contact, message, etc.
I would like to know where would be the appropriate place to post the "+1" dialing issue.
Thanks again to everyone on this thread!

For faster fixes on bugs, you can submit issues here also. https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues Though Blarf pointed it more towards a CM7 issue here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=19174075&postcount=2689

I found something in a Verizon CM7 build.prop
Would need someone to test this by adding these to the /system/build.prop file. Or pushing the attached file to the /system folder.

# NETWORK BASED PLUS CODE DIALING
# 0 disable
# 1 enable
ro.cdma.nbpcd=1

And the modded build.prop file http://www.mediafire.com/?i8deunrdtuqclxh

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all for the responses. I am going to buy an Optimus from a person tonight, not sure what baseband it is yet. I will read up on the forums to see if I can change basebands later. Swamped at work right now. But thanks again for all the input. All I want is a fast working Android phone with CyanogenMod to activate to my account before Sprint starts implementing that new forced $50 monthly plan on future phone swaps on Sero.

Oh, there are mods willing to unbrick a phone for a fee? ^_^ I will first try tinkering with the program I was using before to see if I can get it to work on my work computer. Let me know if there are other unbricking programs to try. My bricking symptom is basically I turn on the phone and it says LG, and that's it. Not a black screen, just the normal black screen with LG in white, and never changes from that.

Michelle - check your PM box.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

need a lil help folks. My data has gone kaput my oldest nandroid is of thunderrom nothing else stock and I cant seem to get it to update the profile or prl on that old nandroid. Does someone have an update or something I can flash over the Thunder rom to go back to stock to update it while still keeping rocovery abnd everything so I can flash the cm7 nandroid back

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

need a lil help folks. My data has gone kaput my oldest nandroid is of thunderrom nothing else stock and I cant seem to get it to update the profile or prl on that old nandroid. Does someone have an update or something I can flash over the Thunder rom to go back to stock to update it while still keeping rocovery abnd everything so I can flash the cm7 nandroid back
Why not just do a nandroid backup of your current CM7 install, then download and flash the latest sROM or Reborn and do the profile and PRL updates? You could then reflash your CM7 and would have the updated radio stuff. You would also have a lean and mean fresh nandroid to use when needed again. :)

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Why not just do a nandroid backup of your current CM7 install, then download and flash the latest sROM or Reborn and do the profile and PRL updates? You could then reflash your CM7 and would have the updated radio stuff. You would also have a lean and mean fresh nandroid to use when needed again. :)

so would I just flash it wover the old thunder rom or lego rom I have then update then flash back to cm7

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

so would I just flash it wover the old thunder rom or lego rom I have then update then flash back to cm7
ThunderROM and LegoROM nandroids are not necessary; given the age of them, you may just want to get rid of them altogether. sROM and Reborn are both newer ROMs based on the stock ZVD baseband ROM so they will both allow you to update the PRL and Profile, whereas CM7 will not. I am suggesting you allow one of these to replace ThunderROM or LegoRom. ;)

After you are sure you have your CM7 backed up, wipe everything from Xionia Recovery and install sROM or Reborn ROM. After logging into your Google/Android account, go and update your PRL and Profile. Update and install any apps that you want, then make a nandroid backup of your new sROM/RebornROM install. You can keep running it or go back to CM7 from there.

**Double check that you are indeed running ZVD baseband before attempting any of this.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
That was my question. Lego and thunder Rom were zvc baseband right? If that is what you were on before going to cm7 then that may be your issue.

My bad, thunder rom was on zvd

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

ThunderROM and LegoROM nandroids are not necessary; given the age of them, you may just want to get rid of them altogether. sROM and Reborn are both newer ROMs based on the stock ZVD baseband ROM so they will both allow you to update the PRL and Profile, whereas CM7 will not. I am suggesting you allow one of these to replace ThunderROM or LegoRom. ;)

After you are sure you have your CM7 backed up, wipe everything from Xionia Recovery and install sROM or Reborn ROM. After logging into your Google/Android account, go and update your PRL and Profile. Update and install any apps that you want, then make a nandroid backup of your new sROM/RebornROM install. You can keep running it or go back to CM7 from there.

**Double check that you are indeed running ZVD baseband before attempting any of this.

There in lies another issue. With no data services it wont let me log into a google account. Im going to try to get the reborn working some way.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

There in lies another issue. With no data services it wont let me log into a google account. Im going to try to get the reborn working some way.
You would really only need to log into the Google account after getting Reborn or sROM running.

Stepping back, what exactly is the problem with your CM7 and what did you do right before it stopped working? I got the impression from your previous post that you unintentionally cleared your data cache. Are you running ZVD?

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

You would really only need to log into the Google account after getting Reborn or sROM running.

Stepping back, what exactly is the problem with your CM7 and what did you do right before it stopped working? I got the impression from your previous post that you unintentionally cleared your data cache. Are you running ZVD?

No its nothing wrong wiht CM7. About a week and a half ago sprint decided to update one of my local towers so I lost my data connection but still can make calls and texts. After speaking with sprint tech support throughout the week they have had me update the profile seems like every week and it will never connect to data. So to do the profile update I have to go back to a different version besides cm7. At first they told me the tower would be back 11/29 then that got pushed to 12/2 then 12/5. They checked this morning and ewvverything is suppose to be working

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

No its nothing wrong wiht CM7. About a week and a half ago sprint decided to update one of my local towers so I lost my data connection but still can make calls and texts. After speaking with sprint tech support throughout the week they have had me update the profile seems like every week and it will never connect to data. So to do the profile update I have to go back to a different version besides cm7. At first they told me the tower would be back 11/29 then that got pushed to 12/2 then 12/5. They checked this morning and ewvverything is suppose to be working
Backup your CM7 and install a Sprint-based ROM as outlined in my previous posts; update your profile & PRL. Reboot and see if you can get a data connection.

If yes, problem solved: Do happy dance and stay with it or go back to CM7.

If no, revert to ZVD stock, update PRL and Profile, reboot and try for data connection. If it works, do happy dance, re-root and install custom ROM of your choice. If it doesn't take that puppy to your nearest corporate Sprint store and work something out with them.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

how do I make the screen orientation faster? every time I move from landscape to portrait mode it takes about a full 1 second (I know it doesnt seem that much) but I see my friends phones are like super quick when they move their screen around.

Also I'm on 11/15/11 version w/ 3.3 bob's kernel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgie