[ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
ok so i can't figure out what to do with those files and how to give feedback on them :D ummm anyone any ideas, im still on board to see this phone with some CM!

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, sorry to have taken so long to respond xiontaz but i'm kinda glad i did; Our friendly neighborhood sliderdev (RHG) has forked a build for it into it's own repository. I suspect there may be much more in store for the slider than i anticipated with my 1/5 post.

https://github.com/teamgelato

unfortunately, RGH informs me that the rom does not yet build but he is contacting the appropriate people (i'm not sure who exactly) to try and figure this out. If you guys want to work on it and post you findings, i'm sure that would be immensely helpful and thoroughly appreciated.

Go TeamGelato!

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Great, then he must still be on board! I keep checking the forums twice a day so any updates or anything neededd I'm here, I think dark_samus is too lol, just not so often :) , btw michael how is your phone situation going?

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all it's been awhile since I've been on (you know life lol) anyways if I just knew how to build from github I think with a couple of builds I could have a working cyanogenmod 7 &/or 9 I have some code for the radio and a couple of other things so technically I could easily do it alas I don't know how to build from github *sigh* anyways I'll try to get on more frequently from now on like twice a day to check on things also did you happen to figure out your phone michael? can you try to get into recovery (with phone off hit power + vol - or power +vol - + home) and if you can I think you can get the stock rom from lg's site and reflash your phone from the stock recovery then I would advise rooting (if you haven't already) and installing clockworkmod recovery or team win recovery (whichever you like best) this is you best bet for getting your phone back in working order

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I really don't see cm7 or cm9 coming to the q or slider... way too many issues with the builds to debug without source. Unfortunately it probably will never happen. I understand everyone is willing to jump in and try to help but this isn't a cakewalk and would take too many hours that most of us don't have to spare. :/ good luck though.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I really don't see cm7 or cm9 coming to the q or slider... way too many issues with the builds to debug without source. Unfortunately it probably will never happen. I understand everyone is willing to jump in and try to help but this isn't a cakewalk and would take too many hours that most of us don't have to spare. :/ good luck though.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

what I did was get the chip info there is more than one phone that uses this hardware and the source is within those githubs so when you build you specify the githubs where the source for that hardware is (or gather it into a fork on github) then when you build it will build from those sources and *in theory* should work fine with our device then we'll have a working radio (I don't mind not having a camera that thing kinda sucks anyway mine turns everything orange)

dtalley11

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been poking at the source here and there. If you are interested and have a bit of experience and know how about the android build system, please join me at #slider-dev on freenode.net (you can even use web chat, freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) ) hope to see some people around, I think communicating via irc would be the best for us.

Update- I am going to get some sleep tonight, but I should be on tomorrow, if anybody has any questions about the build process(which I am by no means an expert of), or if you are ready to get going.

Last edited:

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Cmon samus don't give up I saw u got on and left, and there was no one there at the time! Come back some other time haha, I drop by the irc

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

dtalley11

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to push the envelope or anything but it would be nice to have a larger group, more brains will make this thing easier. Xiontaz and myself are on a lot (and we don't bite), if we are not on when you first get on, or we are not talking, then go ahead and ping us. Its channel #teamgelato on the freenode irc just in case you are wondering. As mentioned before you can feel free to ask me any questions about how to get going on compiling android (I may not be able to answer all of them, but I can try) but our main focus is getting a device folder going for jellybean. If we can get that going, I may be able to pull some strings to help us with the RIL.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I would have asked awhile ago but I don't have my new computer done yet (I'm building it) when it's done I can start building android. This will be my best hardware and it's my only computer with a 64bit processor (yeah I know I'm lame)

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys I don't think this phone will ever see CM7 but I do think it will see CM10.1