T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that most people are in the same boat as me...but, I don't see the benefit of ordering on the very first day. You don't get your phone any earlier than someone who orders on 9/9, most likely.
I will get the black and will most likely keep it for a year or longer this time, as they are changing the JOD terms by August.
It's odd they are only mentioning the 360 camera so far and not the SD card/charger as well. Are they trying to push these more?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well that is what I was going to do but my JOD phone is the S8+ and I wanted to keep it but I guess if I want the Note 8 it's bye-bye to the S8+!!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
...I'm still bummed how tall this device is, as the V20 was way too tall and this is taller. ....

yeah i'm with you about the height... i mean, i'd of had zero issues if it was 15mm wider and a 6.8 - 7 incher, but that long, lanky, "Big Ethel" form factor does zero for me... Definitely gonna have to pass and just enjoy my C9 Pro with its 6 inch screen/6 gb ram but only H+ signal a while longer.... (sigh)

BTC

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Explain to me better please because I've been with T-Mobile the last five years and I usually always pay the taxes upfront and I do have jump I pay the additional $10 a month for it

Jump on demand requires no monthly fee. It's an 18 month lease at 0% with residual payment at the end. If you keep the phone for 18 months you can pay the residual and keep the phone or you can just turn the phone in and be done.

You can also jump to a new phone anytime after you have had the phone for 30 days and you can jump 12 times per year, no fee, you just start a new 18 month lease each time you jump.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Gosh, I thought the LG V20 was a perfect size!! It reminded me of the Note 7 almost to a "T" and that was the only reason I got it but it couldn't perform like the Note 7 but I jumped to the S8+ with the LG V20 and it's just a smidgen taller than the S8+ but I am going to order tonight as well.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I think the $200 is the taxes and down payment but they are spreading it out over your 18 months and that is why it's $39.00 a month instead of $30.00???? Anyone else think this????

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the $200 is the taxes and down payment but they are spreading it out over your 18 months and that is why it's $39.00 a month instead of $30.00???? Anyone else think this????
For one,it can't believe JOD. For regular jump and instalment plans, I believe there is a down payment, taxes up front and possibly lower monthly payments.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I remember paying $104 for my upgrade and the I had to pay like $56 taxes when I got the 7 Edge. I wasn't prepared for that so that is why I sort of remember it. I think they are doing this to take the sting out of the price and having to come up with such a hefty down payment but you have to also remember if you don't fulfill the contract or jump and trade that one in I think you will have to come up with the taxes at the time of upgrading or paying it off. NO matter what it is a good plan. I have found that T-Mobile is really better at deals than any other carrier I have been with.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I remember paying $104 for my upgrade and the I had to pay like $56 taxes when I got the 7 Edge. I wasn't prepared for that so that is why I sort of remember it. I think they are doing this to take the sting out of the price and having to come up with such a hefty down payment but you have to also remember if you don't fulfill the contract or jump and trade that one in I think you will have to come up with the taxes at the time of upgrading or paying it off. NO matter what it is a good plan. I have found that T-Mobile is really better at deals than any other carrier I have been with.

Tmobile is pretty decent at trying to make the customers happy, it's just that these cell phones are getting so out of hand expensive

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I think the other option I saw was the Wireless Fast Charger and the 128GB SD Card OR the 360 camera....When I got the S8+ back in may they also gave what samsung offered (Gear VR with controller) and T_Mobile offered the ClearView Case, 64 GB card and it also was suppose to come with some nice ear buds but they cheated me out of those.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

The phone is the same price whether it's EIP, JoD or buying outright. EIP is $210 down payment plus full taxes (I think) up front, then $30/month. JOD is no down payment, $39 plus tax each month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87