T-Mobile is holding back 5.1.1 for some unknown reason

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
From time to time, I check my phone to see if there's a 5.1.1 update awaiting. Nothing. So I called Customer Service just now. They don't have a clue, either. It's a mystery. I'm thinking they could be waiting for 6.0 (Marshmallow)...but that doesn't sound reasonable, either. The question is why would TMO release the latest produced Note 4s with 5.1.1 (910T3) and not push it out to earlier produced phones (910T). Aren't they the same? Is there something they're not telling us about the earlier phones that are stuck on 5.0.1? Wouldn't you think the same basic phones would be able to handle the same software? Is there something that causes the earlier 910T not to function properly on 5.1.1? Nobody at TMO either doesn't know or won't tell us. Makes me more than a little suspicious...and disrespected. It's become a non-issue for me lately, since I'm switching to the Moto X Pure Edition as soon as it arrives in my hot little hands. But it should be an issue for those sticking with the Note 4 (910T).

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The whole N910T and N910T3 really bugs me.
I want to get a note 4 but i want a T3 unit. The 2 closest TMO stores dont have them. So my other option is to wait for the T version to get 5.1.1 but as the OP has pointed out, where is it..

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
From time to time, I check my phone to see if there's a 5.1.1 update awaiting. Nothing. So I called Customer Service just now. They don't have a clue, either. It's a mystery. I'm thinking they could be waiting for 6.0 (Marshmallow)...but that doesn't sound reasonable, either. The question is why would TMO release the latest produced Note 4s with 5.1.1 (910T3) and not push it out to earlier produced phones (910T). Aren't they the same? Is there something they're not telling us about the earlier phones that are stuck on 5.0.1? Wouldn't you think the same basic phones would be able to handle the same software? Is there something that causes the earlier 910T not to function properly on 5.1.1? Nobody at TMO either doesn't know or won't tell us. Makes me more than a little suspicious...and disrespected. It's become a non-issue for me lately, since I'm switching to the Moto X Pure Edition as soon as it arrives in my hot little hands. But it should be an issue for those sticking with the Note 4 (910T).
What a coincidence! I have a 910T and I pre-ordered a Moto X Pure Edition on Sept. 2nd.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What a coincidence! I have a 910T and I pre-ordered a Moto X Pure Edition on Sept. 2nd.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Good choice. I didn't switch to the Moto X because I didn't like my Note 4. I like it just fine. In fact, I was going to hold on to it for a while; definitely wasn't going to switch to the Note 5. But, when I took a close look at the XPE, I decided to make the switch and not endure the Samsung bloatware anymore. The fact that the XPE includes the microSD option, sealed the deal. I ordered the 64GB version, which will go great with my 128GB microSD card. It'll really make the SD option even better once we get Marshmallow 6.0. Plus, we shouldn't have to wait very long for system updates, like do now from the carriers.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick