T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Store 1: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
Store 2: Have 3 left but they have a line. Don't know when they'll get more.
Store 3: Received them, but they're all gone. Don't know when they'll get more.
Store 4: 1 left (black), can't hold one for me. Might get more next week. (Will head to this one now.)
Store 5: 2 left (blue). Don't know when they'll get more.
Store 6: Doesn't know how many there are left. Put me on hold, followed by the call ending.
Store 7: Has some, doesn't have a count, and there is a line.
Store 8: Has some, doesn't have a count.
Store 9: Still hasn't receive any Note 7's today, but should later today to be available tomorrow...
Store 10: Line busy...
Store 11: Kept ringing; no answer.
Store 12: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
Store 13: Has some, didn't mention how many, but enough to last 45 minutes...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They got back with me on twitter and teh rep on twitter says they need to speak with the store manager about my refund and he won't be in until after 1.

Wow, this whole process from Samsung all the way down to the carriers has been a PITA. Feel bad for people who want to swap the device out but each store only has a few of them

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh this one takes the cake.

I used my Note 7 for one day then shut it off because of the recall.

I just called the 844 number to have an exchanged shipped to my store. They told me:

"since I only used the phone for 1 day it has not shown up in their system. I must use the phone for the next 48 hours in order to show up in their system and then they will put an exchange order in for me"

So T-mobile is telling me i must use the hazardous phone no matter what to do an exchange.
Wow you should have at least kept it on a few days....to register it in their system

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Would of been much easier if they shipped all the news ones to peoples houses and then made them go to store just to drop off detective units.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow you should have at least kept it on a few days....to register it in their system

He said the SIM card must be in the phone to register it.

Tforce on twitter now is trying to straighten it out. They are saying its unacceptable they are telling me to use the defective phone for 3 days

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just left my local T-Mobile. Horrible experience. I walked in and simply said "We are here to exchange our Note 7s." The lady instantly got an attitude and said "We have not been given the okay and I am not going to lose my job over a few minutes." Excuse me.... I never asked you to lose your job. You could simply tell me you are not able to do so yet. I had never seen this lady in the store before so must be new. I wish I had gotten her name.... She said I should have called. I told her I assumed it would be okay considering the official press release. She told me "well, every carrier is different." I responded with "I understand, but this is the official T-Mobile release." She told me to call back at 12, but I told her no, that's okay, I will go to another store. Waiting on the other store to open in 15 minutes.
When I went in my store, the rep they assigned me to, started to have an attitude as well. All I said was what colors do you have? She said I don't know, I am not sure I have it in stock....and no one should be picky because this is not a TMobile problem it's a Samsung problem. I told her right away, neither is it a customer problem but since I got my phone through TMobile I would hope that TMobile would "make" it their problem to make sure that this is a smooth transaction. I also told her that I would gladly have the phone mailed out to me but since it's not an option that TMobile is giving at this time, she will have to put up with the Note customers doing their exchanges......Manager came over (Because I was getting loud) and her attitude changed, it was smooth sailing after that. I guess she realized she was wrong, but I think she was more tired than anything as they made her stay over time to help because the store was extremely busy. This is why I will always order my phone to be shipped to me.

Neotravy

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned that I got mine last night after randomly calling to ask what time I could come in today to get my replacement. They said they were open until 9pm last night and that I could do it then. So I went....

When I got there, I waited about 30 mins (there was only 1 person in front of me but multiple problematic customers being worked on). When I got to the desk, I said I was there for the swap and the guy (manager) went to the back and said "I will see if we have any more". After a couple of mins he came back and said "You are lucky, you got the last one (blue). I'm keeping the other one for myself. I'm a customer too!".

That aside, the next hour was them trying to figure out how to do the swap because I originally bought my phone online and didn't have my receipt with me. While they were on the phone with support, I was setting my phone back up. At the end of the countless calls they had to make, I was told that they were unable to process the trade until tomorrow (today) because the system wouldn't let them. Luckily I had already started setting up the new one so they let me leave with it and left my old phone along with the new box and accessories there.

My fear is when I go there today, I'll have some weirdness to deal with in the exchange. I'm sure it'll be slightly painful but I already have the phone so I hold the cards (so to speak). Fingers crossed for me later today.

I wish all of you guys trying to get your phones today the best of luck. The reality is they should not have treated this like some sort of pre-order where you can't sell it before the launch date. This is a safety issue and should have been handled the very day they got stock.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
One store told me they can't waive the down pmt and taxes. Other store contacting district manager about that and will call back. I have 2 other local stores to call - one store yesterday confirmed they can and will waive everything up front so anyone needing their replacement Note 7 can walk out with no cost up front

If you turned your original Note 7 in for a full refund then you were credited the down payment and taxes back so if you get a Note 7 again then you will have to pay them. I have a loaner and still have my Note 7 so I shouldn't be charged anything. If they do try to I'll just ask them to show me in their system where I was credited those charges for my original Note 7.

Bruce Mao

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to be at my store at 10:00am PST. But, I have a meeting at work at 10:30am. For those that already got theirs replaced and seeing the process and how long it takes, do you think I can request a replacement and leave my phone there, then come back later to pick it up?

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I went into a local store in Tampa today. Had mine to swap out. A lady directly in front of me bought the last one! I was under the impression that they were only selling replacements to people who already had one? Oh well. I'll try another store later.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This whole experience including the experience in Tmobile stores is usually much much worse than the DMV. Even down here in Fl the DMV isn't that bad.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just called a store that said they would sell me a new one outright. On my way there. I'll let you know what happened

I hate a liar.

I just drove 60 miles to be told "oh, we're only doing exchanges". I said I specifically asked you if you could sell me one new and you said yes. That you could. She was like, oh, I thought you were exchanging. There was no use in getting mad so I just walked out. 120 mile round trip for nothing. Thanks T-Mobile. Going to see if Sprint has them in stock because I need a phone in the worst way. My note 4 is freezing up and restarting a couple times a day.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I hate a liar.

I just drove 60 miles to be told "oh, we're only doing exchanges". I said I specifically asked you if you could sell me one new and you said yes. That you could. She was like, oh, I thought you were exchanging. There was no use in getting mad so I just walked out. 120 mile round trip for nothing. Thanks T-Mobile. Going to see if Sprint has them in stock because I need a phone in the worst way. My note 4 is freezing up and restarting a couple times a day.

Damn, sorry to hear that happened. T-Mobile really needs to get its employees on the same page with this whole process. Some people seem to be having luck going in and purchasing while others are not.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hate a liar.

Oh sorry to hear about that experience ouch! My job is about 47 miles from my house and I've called a few locations near work and near home, finding out ahead of time what I need to know before making a trip in to one of them. Hope this goes smoothly today

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Store 4: 1 left (black), can't hold one for me. Might get more next week. (Will head to this one now.)
Store 6: Doesn't know how many there are left. Put me on hold, followed by the call ending.
Store 9: Still hasn't receive any Note 7's today, but should later today to be available tomorrow...

At "store 4." 4 people ahead in line. Don't know if they're here for a Note 7. All 3 reps are busy on the phone, presumably with CS. 1 rep says they have more Note 7's. Don't know the color. I'm only interested in black.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Are these all the stores you're calling? Is the 13th store like 3 hours away? Lol
You have a lot more patience (and time) than I do. If you don't absolutely need it today, just call the 1-844 number and have it shipped to the store.
That way, you can not stress about it.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Called 3 stores at about 11am. First store had received 8 replacements, but they were already gone. 2nd store said they have stock, but the manager hadn't released them yet (?!?), and that I should check back at about 1pm. 3rd store said they have stock but they were struggling with the system, and hoped to have it figured out by the time I got over there.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Are these all the stores you're calling? Is the 13th store like 3 hours away? Lol
You have a lot more patience (and time) than I do. If you don't absolutely need it today, just call the 1-844 number and have it shipped to the store.
That way, you can not stress about it.

I'm tired of waiting, but have all day today to wait.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe that the stores haven't gotten it together today. This process should have been a lot smoother for everyone today. I don't know who has been approved for their gear vr but this was in the email about it being approved.

Don’t forget, if your original Galaxy device has been replaced by your carrier or retailer and is not the original device you used to register for this promotion, you will need to call Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG and provide them with your new IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC address in order to be able to access your Oculus content bonus. Please allow 72 hours after you update us with your new device for this content to be available.

Probably not the focus of today but something to think about once people get their gear vr's. Sounds like to redeem the oculus promotions you have to call samsung and tell them that you no longer have the s7/edge and need to switch the IMEI to the note 7. I have a feeling samsung knows a majority of people redeemed the offer on a loaner phone. I doubt they'd refuse people or demand that the gear vr be sent back. I'm not sure if this is just for the oculus freebies or if the oculus account is already tied into the IMEI of loaner phones. Something complicated to look forward to at least. Also. I still believe samsung sort of planned the gear vr promotion around the loaner phones as an extra incentive to their loyalist customers. I also think they really want more people to get into gear vr and that's good too.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't planning on dealing with this today but I had a job right by a tmobile store so I stopped in. I returned mine for full refund due to recall. He said they were doing exchanges only. Told him I had the 7 and returned it and he said let me look at your account. He said he could sell me one since you had it and returned it because of the recall. He said their store received 12 phones all black. The entire process took 15 minutes. I paid full retail so maybe that made things go a little faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00