T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered Tuesday 9-20 around 3:30pm, so it was too late for UPS to pick up that day. Went out the next day and I got a text that it had been shipped, since there was no tracking number in the text I got on a live chat with T-Mobile to get a tracking number which they provided and it was delivered to the store today.

Heads up to those who ordered to a store. So if the UPS shows it has been delivered to your store, phone the store first and see if it's been updated in the system and they will be able to give it to you. I noticed on UPS that it had been delivered, I called my store about an hour after that to verify and asked if I could come and pick it up since I was about to take my lunch break and the store is only about 3 miles away. They said it was there and that I could come and pick it up; great I thought. So I get to the store, there are 2 people in front of me so it takes about 15 minutes until I can talk to a rep. They go back and get my Note 7 and start plugging away at the computer. Finally he looks up at me and says unfortunately this phone hasn't been updated in the system yet so we can't give it to you (by this I'm guessing he means since it hasn't been updated in the system they have no way to assign it to my account, create the EIP and so on). Then he said it can take anywhere from 2-3 hours for the system to update... I was sooooo close to getting my new Note 7 and then he just takes it away from me... cruel. He took my name and number and said he would check throughout the day to see if it has been updated and for me to call in when I get off work to see if it's ready. Had it been a much longer drive to the store I would have been po'd but it's only a few miles so it is what it is but I did end up wasting my lunch break.
You are correct, they never even knew of my ups shipment that was sent since it wasn't updated in the system...so they gave me what they had available in their system yesterday although I knew it was delivered. I really wanted my replacement device so i did not even argue with them (did not even seem to know of the ups delivery so why argue) and accepted a blue note 7 thankfully ....i checked my eip on my tmobile and ensured that both my loaner s7 edge and old note 7 was canceled (early close pay out) and they are and my new replacement blue is on eip only....never got the device (black note 7) that was actually delivered in my name

Bruce Mao

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I just received approval for a gear vr with my note 7 replacement...this is my third gift...first i got the gear fit 2 watch with old note 7, the 256 gb microSD card just shipped for loaner s7 edge, and now the new replacement note 7 has been just approved for gear vr ...i love samsung....the quicker you can get ya replacement..the better chance for gift approval on the same s7 promotion...

I don't see anything on the Samsung Promotions page where the replacement Note7 would qualify. The only current promotion running for new purchases as of today is for the S7, S7edge, and S7 Active. How/where did you apply for promo for replacement Note7?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything on the Samsung Promotions page where the replacement Note7 would qualify. The only current promotion running for new purchases as of today is for the S7, S7edge, and S7 Active. How/where did you apply for promo for replacement Note7?
Use the s7 promotion...fill it out...it works...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Nonmember? Might as well just wait for the S8 Edge to be out then. If the wait time is this long, Note 7 sales are going to be tanked with the S8 coming out.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
At the end of this all...i will have received over 500 dollars in free gifts and 250.00 in credits...im thankful for this recall...almost enough to buy the device outright

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What did you put in the option of what phone do you have? There is an option of "other" other than the S7, S7 edge and S7 active. Should I use that one?
I chose S7...yes it may seem dishonest but I figured that it would be the only way for it to work and it did...the note 7 hypothetically is a larger s7 with pen features lol...although we know it's more than that

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Nonmember? Might as well just wait for the S8 Edge to be out then. If the wait time is this long, Note 7 sales are going to be tanked with the S8 coming out.

I'm wondering, hoping more like it, that's for phone orders.
I don't want a curved screen, but I get your point. Everyone says the Note 7 isn't as curved, so I think I'd be OK. Verizon has them on their website shipping next day, unlike tmobile who has nothing.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I went into one T-Mobile store today no N7's left (no shocker there). I called 3 others in my city with the same results. Well I did leave my name and number on a waiting list for the blue. It could be a week or so who knows how long it could be before I get a call. Or I can call 1-844..and see if I can get one sent out with the color of my choice. This phone is getting really hot just typing this. I have a feeling it's going to be at least a week before I can get my new N7 replaced.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Was able to get a replacement today after calling 10 stores. Its a crazy day but was able to manage it.
So here goes... I went to the first Tmobile store who had the Note 7 in stock but only in black color. When I told them I had a loaner, they said they don't accept returns for the loaners because they were only a dealer...DUH?! I thought they were a corporate store when I saw it at tmobile.com but then they told me to go to a corporate store w/c was half a mile (whew). So when I went to the corporate store, there was a huge line. It was mixed for making payments, purchasing other phones and there were 3 of us doing the Note 7 exchange.
They did a return on my loaner S7edge first because I had no receipt and it was shipped to me. They kept making mistakes in doing the return process because they just got the memo yesterday and the employee was his first time to do the exchange process. After they finally processed the return for the loaner, they did a return for my Recalled Note 7. They gave me a refund of the down payment I made online plus taxes w/c they informed me I'll be getting after 3-5 days. Then they did a new purchase for the approved Note 7 replacement. I had to pay the down payment plus taxes again. I already wiped my old Note 7 to make it faster. Then they did a smart switch from my loaner S7edge to the note 7 w/c took about an hour. After that I wiped off the loaner phone. They told me to call customer care for the $25 credit because they don't do it in the store. It took me almost 2 hours for the whole process. The tmobile employees there told me that they've been so exhausted with this process.
Samsung made a big mess and they should compensate the carriers for all this choas they created. Oh and they got a copy of my ID too and attached to their records since I got both phones online. Be prepared when you're headed to do the exchange and make time! I got time off from my work today because yesterday most stores were sold out. This morning some stores only had the blue note 7. I exchanged mine to the same color w/c is the titanium silver.
Now my problem is, I ordered from the 844 number and was told it won't ship out til Novemeber since its backordered. I persistently tried going to a store to try my luck w/c I did. Then when I called 844, they told me I can't cancel my order anymore. I'd have to call the store where its going to be shipped and request for the store to return it to sender. Another headache! Seriously, I'm done dealing w/ this b*llsh*t. Samsung better make it right next time.
What do you mean when you type w/c? What does that stand for? You said it about 3 or 4 times.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just received approval for a gear vr with my note 7 replacement...this is my third gift...first i got the gear fit 2 watch with old note 7, the 256 gb microSD card just shipped for loaner s7 edge, and now the new replacement note 7 has been just approved for gear vr ...i love samsung....the quicker you can get ya replacement..the better chance for gift approval on the same s7 promotion...
How did you get that I did not even see that as an option when I went in to The samsungpay app under promotions

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
How did you get that I did not even see that as an option when I went in to The samsungpay app under promotions
Go to the samsung promotion actual website...google it and fill out the s7 promotion...for device (choose s7) and then use your replacement imei and wifi mac code...use your eip document as receipt...they may be temporarily approving these for now so do it asap before it stops..once it's approved there is no way they can cancel it or change the gift option you chose...i have called in the past with my loaner device trying to switch gift options and I was directly was told this

Han_Solo

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Go to the samsung promotion actual website...google it and fill out the s7 promotion...for device (choose s7) and then use your replacement imei and wifi mac code...use your eip document as receipt...they may be temporarily approving these for now so do it asap before it stops..once it's approved there is no way they can cancel it or change the gift option you chose...i have called in the past with my loaner device trying to switch gift options and I was directly was told this
Which eip? I didn't receive one for the new replacement.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Dumb question, but is the Gear VR a universal fit for various phone sizes.

Yes, it will fit anything back to the S6. Have you had one before or used it before? If not, you will love it. I know some people say its gimmicky, but forget that noise, VR is seriously the future. I use mine almost every day, more than my Xbox actually.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

I really doubt that Note 7 sales are going to "tank", man. If Samsung had any thoughts of that, with all that has already happened they would have just pulled the plug on this device completely. What is most likely to happen is a month from now when all this has blown over they will have all been replaced, be back in stores, and everything will carry on and we will be talking about whatever is relevant then. The S8 is still a solid 6 months away, I'd say. If they learned anything from this, it should be NOT to rush another phone to market.

Edit** What they ought to do, if anything, is push the release of the S8 a few months back and just get rid of the Note line altogether and just make the bigger version of the S series what the Note is now. I know everyone will say thats what they are not going to do, and I agree...just saying what they SHOULD do.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So now my T-Mobile store who has my replacement phone (went in earlier today to pick it up but couldn't) says the system still has not updated and they can't release it to me. I called the 844 number thinking they were a different level of support and they can't do anything either. It's corporate who has to release them or update the SKU's within the system and until then the stores can't give them to customers. Starting to wonder what the point of ordering the replacement was if they won't give it to me. Hopefully they will update the system over night and I can get it tomorrow. The rep at the 844 number felt bad and put a credit on my account for all the hassle. She joked that it's so messed up that they (the folks at the 844 number) don't even want to come in tomorrow. She did mention that the phones are on back order and probably sometime next week until stores get them again but maybe she was referring to my area, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.