T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
So who here is holding onto their Note 7 to wait for an exchange?

Me. I have no intention to return my N7 until the replacement devices have arrived. Then I'll just go in and do the swap. I haven't had any issues with my N7 at all, and the device feels cool to the touch when charging. Haven't really noticed any overheating at all since I've had mine tbh.

I am however taking precautions by just simply not charging it at night and keeping it within eyesight when charging during the day.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Only concern I have with LG is quality control issues and such as well. The G5 had issues with the modules coming loose over time and other things. I would hate to go to LG and the phone ends up being a flop like the G5.

This is why I'd personally never even consider an LG or HTC for that matter device. It's Samsung or Apple for me. Also I just can't accept not having a physical home button...at least until Sammy and/or Apple force me to accept it by taking it away.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried to tell them that more or less. But I was trying to be really nice and patient so that they would give me what I wanted. O:)

One of the guys also said the phones in the US are not dangerous and there is only a problem with the overseas one. I asked him if he ever read android central and he said yes. So I don't get why he has no idea what he's talking about.
His opinion is irrelevant. He should fall in line, his company has issued a statement that all their employees should adhere to.

menist

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, everyone, long time viewer. I decided to return my Note7 purchased online to my local T-Mobile store. The process was easy, but painfully long. They didn't ask any stupid questions, just went to their computers and started the process. It took almost an hour for them to get it out of their system and refund me for the eip payment, simcard kit, and taxes. *Note, if you ordered online, print the original receipt and bring it with you*. Whats funny is that they have a 2 page printed guide to for them follow, for Note 7 returns, lmao.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi, everyone, long time viewer. I decided to return my Note7 purchased online to my local T-Mobile store. The process was easy, but painfully long. They didn't ask any stupid questions, just went to their computers and started the process. It took almost an hour for them to get it out of their system and refund me for the eip payment, simcard kit, and taxes. *Note, if you ordered online, print the original receipt and bring it with you*. Whats funny is that they have a 2 page printed guide to for them follow, for Note 7 returns, lmao.

Yikes. I might just hold onto it then and swap it out for a Note 7 or V20 if it's out in time before 9/30 which it sounds like it will. Add that onto the wait time and it could be up to two hours at my store.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering about returning an online/telesales-purchased device. Has anyone had luck returning it to a local store? I'm getting mixed info. anyway, I exchanged my first defective one (shipped back and tmo shipped me another-this was just before the recall announcement). Now I'm thinking about returning this one as well and going back to my note5. I'm just curious if it can be dropped off at a store this time instead of having to ship it back?

I returned mine to a T-Mobile store today. Didn't give me a problem.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I returned mine instead of waiting for a replacement. Mine use to get super hot when charging and in general so I figured it was my best bet to go that route. For the ones that returned it instead of waiting for a replacement to be sent out do we still get priority when the new ones are released or will we have to wait?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsung.com orders are fulfilled by digital river who are not great. Just look at how the preorders was handled for Samsung.com orders. Fastest and easiest is wait till new stock hits your T-Mobile store and get it swapped. If no T-Mobile store near by, I'm pretty sure T-Mobile will be happy to send one over when they have. Going thru carriers will be fastest and not thru Samsung.com

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile emailed and texted me about the tmobile recall. I just registered and was told I would be notified in apps 2 weeks when they expect replacements to be in

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Silly question. When I go and swap phones. Can I tell them I for got my s-pen? I left it at home on my desk....lol. Then I can have a spare. Or will they really care and not swap out until my s-pen is in the phone. Worth a shot!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Silly question. When I go and swap phones. Can I tell them I for got my s-pen? I left it at home on my desk....lol. Then I can have a spare. Or will they really care and not swap out until my s-pen is in the phone. Worth a shot!!
I doubt Samsung cares about the spen, charger or headphones, you might get a picky store though. Just take in your phone only and turn it in. Keep your stuff in the car in case you need to go get it because you forgot it.

If your spen messes up, Samsung just sends you a new one, they don't refurb them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So if I return my phone now does that essentially end my "contract?" I used a JOD upgrade.
From what T-Mobile has said, your JOD will be rolled back to what it was if you return the phone. I'm not sure how long it will take, but it will be like you never upgraded if you return it, not exchange it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred