Verizon LTE outage

PiperTim

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you want a refund..?

I just got off the phone with the Verizon call center. After performing some basic checks to make sure *I* didn't screw up the phone they admitted that the network has been "officially" down since 6:00am. The tech said that they would issue refunds for loss of service for those people who call and alert them that they are "included" in the outage. I talked her into giving me todays credit which she said will be about a dollar and she put a ticket up for me. She said if service doesn't come back for a few days, I have to call back when the service returns to get a cumulative credit for all the time lost.

Just thought I would share, maybe everyone should get a ticket opened!?O:)

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, I'm getting my phone mailed today i'm going to hope that it's up by then.

ha, yeah i convinced my brother to switch from iPhone to the TB..of course--he got it last night, enjoyed LTE for 2 hours, then woke up this morning to a 1X (or 3g) network....
and now i'm getting an ear full :)

this is the longest it's been out--9 hours...stinks.

blondifer

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
"VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless
We have determined cause of 4G LTE issue & are working with major vendors to restore connections. Details as they come.
1 minute ago"

start crossing your fingers gentlemen

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon just tweeted that they found the root issue of the outage and are working to fix it.

yeah, apparently that Tower that was struck by lightning in the Thunderbolt Ads was crapping out on them...so, they're repairing it...poor, poor tower.

1 tower to service all of America...

1 tower to rule them all, 1 tower to find them
1 tower to bring them all, and in LTE goodness---bind them!
(prob botched that LOTR reference--shut up)

drew66

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
"VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless
We have determined cause of 4G LTE issue & are working with major vendors to restore connections. Details as they come.
1 minute ago"

start crossing your fingers gentlemen

Whew... I'm glad they are not using minor vendors!:p

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
You know whats funny is just yesterday an article was posted about some CTO from verizon, saying how surprised even she was that there was no major hiccups with their rollout of their 4 g network. Then today all hell breaks loose. Talk about being a jinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796