Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Got my replacement today, competed the update, free gear vr on the way (via s7 edge replacement exchange). This has been a great day in my eyes.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
That's a shame. I was lucky enough to get checked in by a manager and while I did have my box and accessories with me, he didn't know that. I told him my understanding was they weren't needed. So he disappeared for a while and came back and confirmed with his higher ups (presumably via a phone call, not someone in the back office) that we do only need to turn in the phone. The guy who ended up helping me wasn't going to give me the new box (and had to confirm with the manager I didn't need to fork over the old one) but the manager was very clear...they only need to give us the phone. So after I factory reset I discreetly popped out the pen and stuck it in my back pocket.

The manager said they had quite a stock pile forming of returned Notes (so clearly they were exchanging yesterday even though they told me they weren't) and they didn't know what they were going to do with them because as has been reported, Fed Ex won't accept them. He said he thinks Samsung is going to have to create some type of presence here to take ownership of them. At this point, not my problem. Thankfully I have my replacement device. Now the fun of setting it up (wish I really thought it was "fun").

They can ship UPS ground. My recalled unit will be going back regular UPS after i receive my replacement phone from UPS

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon can be such a joke, when it comes to communicating consistently. I went to a corporate store today to get a replacement Note 7. They wouldn't help me because they insisted I needed the box and the charger. I asked for a manager. Waited for her, explained I am well aware of how the process works and that nowhere did it say the box and charger is required. I even said just keep the box and charger that comes with the new phone I'm getting today. She insisted and said they are worried the chargers from the original phones could be part of the problem with the fires, and refused to hold one of the 8 black Note 7's they have while I went home. Wow! So, I went home and got everything and came back to the store and now I'm waiting in the cue to be helped. It's busy as hell here now, so who knows how this is going to turn out. Folks, take your box and charger with you, but keep it in a bag or something unless asked for it.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
You're gonna get that OverNIght Bubba. When did you set the order up?

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p
Has been a long process, after trying all day i put the order in yesterday about 4pm. Woke up this morning to see a credit hold on the replacement phone and after about 2 hours of working with Verizon over phone and chat i was able to get a tracking number. Still when i check the tracking number it does not show as being shipped so i do not expect it until next week.

At one point this morning after being told that my order from yesterday had been canceled i was really considering driving to the nearest Verizon store and getting kicked out of it.

As of right now, they have treated my original note 7 purchase as a return and refunded the device payment i had made, and the replacement note as a new purchase and charged me tax on that purchase.

I am not sure how all of this will work out, i plan on only shipping back just the phone and the box and i am sure i will get some push back from Verizon on that.

So i am sure that sometime in the next 10 days i will have another opportunity to get kicked out of my local Verizon store.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was at my local store at 10:03 this morning and was surprised how many people were already inside.. I checked in and was 4th on the list to get helped. After about 35 minutes I noticed a couple that came in after me was being helped.. I asked the guy doing the check-ins and apparently the last free sales guy missed me.. The couple offered to let me go ahead of them but it wasn't their fault so I left them continue. Anyway, as I'm waiting I'm listening to another rep tell someone they only had a few N7's left, a couple silver and 1 black - it didn't sound like they had that many to start with. So as I'm waiting they called ANOTHER name - not mine.. I go up to the guy again and apparently this guy did a call ahead for pickup (wasn't a N7), but all I'm thinking was someone was going to take that last black one left and i'd be screwed for being nice and letting them go. Finally gets to helping me out, apologizes for the delay and gets it taken care of. While he's doing my order the guy next to me was also doing a swap, he came in without the box but had the cord in his hand and asked if they needed it and they said "whatever you didn't bring we'll just take out of the new box" - makes sense I guess... so as he's finishing up with mine he asks if everything was in the box (He didn't look for himself) but I told him, the headphones and power adapter are in there, I kept the USB cable as a spare - he just laughed and said "Thats fine, since it a different one now you need to build a new stockpile" . Just funny that one rep is fine with it, the other is ready to take the guys stuff out of the box!

Anyway, it went pretty smoothly, maybe 20 minutes once he started to help me. I heard them tell someone else it takes up to 2 hours if you want the to transfer your stuff over to the new phone. I'm doing a restore from Samsung Cloud (found that trick this morning!) so will hopefully be using it shortly!

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Has been a long process, after trying all day i put the order in yesterday about 4pm. Woke up this morning to see a credit hold on the replacement phone and after about 2 hours of working with Verizon over phone and chat i was able to get a tracking number. Still when i check the tracking number it does not show as being shipped so i do not expect it until next week.

At one point this morning after being told that my order from yesterday had been canceled i was really considering driving to the nearest Verizon store and getting kicked out of it.

As of right now, they have treated my original note 7 purchase as a return and refunded the device payment i had made, and the replacement note as a new purchase and charged me tax on that purchase.

I am not sure how all of this will work out, i plan on only shipping back just the phone and the box and i am sure i will get some push back from Verizon on that.

So i am sure that sometime in the next 10 days i will have another opportunity to get kicked out of my local Verizon store.

If you have a tracking number that means it's been pulled from a whse shelf, boxed up, entered in the VZW shipping computer to print the label, labelled and sittin' on a pallet waitin' on a UPS truck to pick it up.
I went to bed last night and tracking showed UPS hadn't even picked it up yet. Got up this a.m. and it was "Out For Delivery"
And don't use VZW's tracking - paste the number in at the UPS site.

Tomorrow man. :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1]:p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]:p

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Verizon can be such a joke, when it comes to communicating consistently. I went to a corporate store today to get a replacement Note 7. They wouldn't help me because they insisted I needed the box and the charger. I asked for a manager. Waited for her, explained I am well aware of how the process works and that nowhere did it say the box and charger is required. I even said just keep the box and charger that comes with the new phone I'm getting today. She insisted and said they are worried the chargers from the original phones could be part of the problem with the fires, and refused to hold one of the 8 black Note 7's they have while I went home. Wow! So, I went home and got everything and came back to the store and now I'm waiting in the cue to be helped. It's busy as hell here now, so who knows how this is going to turn out. Folks, take your box and charger with you, but keep it in a bag or something unless asked for it.

The counter jockey made me turn over everything. :-\

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Corporate store was a joke in Spokane.
  • They only have a few phones, and they are selling them to anyone that walks in, not reserving anything for recalls.
  • They wouldn't even transfer my text messages or phone call history (very important to me as a Realtor!). They said "they are too busy to do any of that, they are just supposed to get them swapped"
  • They spent the whole time blaming Samsung, claiming that "Samsung screwed us". (it's nothing to do with Verizon's garbage information or systems)
  • Since I brought only the empty box, they took everything out of the new box. They did let me keep that nifty SD Card removal tool however.
  • No one is happy leaving that store.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So I called the 611 number to see about getting a replacement. They cannot do an overnight. So would have to wait until Friday. When I called Tuesday around noon the CS said the system would not let her order until the 21st. So I called today and now would have to wait until Friday or Monday to get one. None of our local store have any and are all blaming Samsung for not sending them enough. The three nearby were out within 15 minutes and only got a dozen or less or so they say.

Near Olympia WA.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
  • They only have a few phones, and they are selling them to anyone that walks in, not reserving anything for recalls.
  • They wouldn't even transfer my text messages or phone call history (very important to me as a Realtor!). They said "they are too busy to do any of that, they are just supposed to get them swapped"
  • They spent the whole time blaming Samsung, claiming that "Samsung screwed us". (it's nothing to do with Verizon's garbage information or systems)
  • Since I brought only the empty box, they took everything out of the new box. They did let me keep that nifty SD Card removal tool however.
Going forward, I would suggest you sign into that crappie Verizon cloud. Turn on, backup text messages and call log.... Even on the free 5gb Verizon cloud, you should be able to backup years of both... On your next phone switch, you won't have to depend on someone to transfer your stuff....

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Going forward, I would suggest you sign into that crappie Verizon cloud. Turn on, backup text messages and call log.... Even on the free 5gb Verizon cloud, you should be able to backup years of both... On your next phone switch, you won't have to depend on someone to transfer your stuff....

Probably a good idea. I dislike the Verizon stuff designed to force you to stay. But, it's probably useful in that regard.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I've been wallowing in self pity at my lack of sleep at my Verizon Corporate store for the last hour and a half. They gave me to the newest, freshest rep in the store and he's been in the back on the phone with Verizon for the last hour. My patience is thinning out.

Will hopefully be walking out of here soon, or my 5 and 7 year old are walking home.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
That's terrible

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Because of the dangers of sending my defective one back in the mail. I would have to return it to the store.

FWIW, they wouldn't let me exchange thru the mail, and I had a temporary S7, which could be sent thru the mail. Also, UPS was taking the Note 7 for shipping thru their ground service - not air, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80