When will be the 4.2.2 official OTA update arrive for galaxy s3?? :'(

Fahad Jawed

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting.... and waiting.... AND Waiting.... but still no update. Now today is 23 june i guess and no update... any one has any idea when will be the update arrive for s3??*And i also want to know is there any 4.2.1 official update?? Bcz after 4.1.2 , 4.2.1 should arrive first before 4.2.2!! Just asking xD*Thankx!

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Well there is a test one, but they said in the last sentence of the first paragraph that the actual official update comes out end of this month or early next nonth! :)

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow, third 4.2.2 thread this week, lol

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Quoted from the link I posted.
"Android 4.2.2 is still under testing phase by Samsung and they will release the official final Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 in July/August." This is for the International non carrier branded. The US will be later in the year.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So I'm really curious. All those who are peeing in their pants waiting for 4.2.2, how will it make your lives better? Or is it just that you can't stand not having the latest and greatest, even if it won't really do anything for you?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So I'm really curious. All those who are peeing in their pants waiting for 4.2.2, how will it make your lives better? Or is it just that you can't stand not having the latest and greatest, even if it won't really do anything for you?

Exactly, most of the features from 4.2.2 on the gs4 won't make it to the gs3. We simply don't have the hardware to run it (proximity sensor mostly). All I could see them doing is updating the ui, making the settings menu more professional and, maybe additional a few of those motions.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Well, I know that at least 4.2.1 fixes the paid keyboard issue of 4.1.1. Don't have to worry about my wife's Hisense Sero 7 Pro changing back to stock keyboard every time it reboots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I know that at least 4.2.1 fixes the paid keyboard issue of 4.1.1. Don't have to worry about my wife's Hisense Sero 7 Pro changing back to stock keyboard every time it reboots.

Why is she taking off her phone in the first place?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Why is she taking off her phone in the first place?

Don't understand what you are asking. Her device is a tablet and has SwiftKey Pro installed for its keyboard. I have the same keyboard on my phone and it switches back to Samsung keyboard every time the phone reboots. Known issue with Android 4.1.1 and paid keyboard file location.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't understand what you are asking. Her device is a tablet and has SwiftKey Pro installed for its keyboard. I have the same keyboard on my phone and it switches back to Samsung keyboard every time the phone reboots. Known issue with Android 4.1.1 and paid keyboard file location.

I mean why are u taking ur phone off in the first place to reboot it?

And how are u still on 4.1.1? What carrier do u have?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't 4.2.2 kill the ability of apps to enable/disable airplane mode and similar things ? My signal strength is so low in the house I turn off the cell radio to keep the phone from burning thru the battery looking for a better signal--calls fwd to Google Voice and I use GrooveIP for voip. BUT I use an app that automatically toggles the radio on once an hour to receive SMS. That will break that app. Can you permanently block an update?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't 4.2.2 kill the ability of apps to enable/disable airplane mode and similar things ? My signal strength is so low in the house I turn off the cell radio to keep the phone from burning thru the battery looking for a better signal--calls fwd to Google Voice and I use GrooveIP for voip. BUT I use an app that automatically toggles the radio on once an hour to receive SMS. That will break that app. Can you permanently block an update?

Block what update?

I'm not sure about it blocking airplane mode, i use an app that does it automatically when I prompt it

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

ghostface147

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
For those ballsy enough to run the pre-production firmware that was on sam-mobile....I wonder if they have had luck installing it on CDMA phones like Sprint or Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail