When will be the 4.2.2 official OTA update arrive for galaxy s3?? :'(

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
november is way too long of a wait! are you serious!?

Lmao, if u think ur getting it in November, ur still gonna be waiting. Just because Samsung puts it out in November, doesn't mean ur carrier will give it then, lol

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why you are all in a rush for this. Yes new features are awesome but are you all in a hurry to make your phones lag like the S 4? The S3 is very solid phone now. Almost every phone that gets major software updates slows the phone down and introduced new bugs. This was especially the case with the original Galaxy S (all varieties, I had the Fascinate and talked to a lot of captivate owners) and S2. Can give other examples too. At minimum it takes another update to get the device in good shape but sometimes like the Fasinate it never gets better.

I'm not saying you shouldn't want updates but rushing them is a bad idea

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
truth :(
Lmao, if u think ur getting it in November, ur still gonna be waiting. Just because Samsung puts it out in November, doesn't mean ur carrier will give it then, lol

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It's end of the month now. We are in July and still waiting and waiting.

Since Samsung is counting on the success of S4 models running OS 4.2.2, I think they will not update S3 models to OS 4.2.2 until a new version for S4 is officially released. So, I don't expect to see 4.2.2 official release probably until end of the year. Samsung also planing to release Note 3 which most likely be updated to a newer version before S3 get updated. (Just my opinion)